jalen | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

jalen

I'm not at practice every day and I have no idea who is or isn't a drama queen. Carey started the first two games. After 9 minutes in both games, I think we had scored one hoop. call me crazy, but I don't think that is good. Couple that with the team starting to score when he is out of the game leads me to think the team plays better when he is out of the game. You think otherwise. You are entitled to your point of view.

I would say for our team, our offense, that's a pretty decent outcome most seasons of late. I mean, maybe it doesn't always come at the start of the game, but we can usually rack up a couple per game! We got that kind of talent and high-skill players. Soooooooo, calling you crazy!

Jalen on the bench in street clothes in the picture above could be anything. Sick, hurt, a minor act of rebellion, etc.

But it’s great fodder for the conspiracy theorists that ought to be starting in about 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2... seconds.

It's a long season but Girard has been the more effective, by far, at PG. Obviously a much better shooter than Carey. Very good court awareness. He will have more assists as the season goes on and the other players understand his abilities. Joe is not fast but seems to be able to penetrate since he has to be guarded tightly. His height and lack of quickness may hurt on defense in the zone but so far, so good. As long as he doesn't get shot-happy and forget his role is to get all the SU players on the court involved.

presumably he kept the injury quiet or its minor enough but real that they could have waited. But are choosing not to now. Can’t imagine they’d make it up as another team would later find out if he does transfer.

Whatever I'm not sure the uconn Jalen is ever coming back or was even that good if we weren't teased with a couple promising games off the bat everyone would be throwing in the towel consider what we have gotten end of last year and this year.

Hope Goodine can step up the next 2 games and show that he is worthy of 10 minutes a night. He has not done that the first 3. If he doesn't do that Buddy and JG3 are looking at 40 minutes per night with Eli moving to guard if either sit. Don't think Washington plays in tough ACC games if JB can help it.

Good luck to Carey I don't know where he has to go to get on the court given what we've seen.

The draft class of 2018, Bazley and Carey, a gigantic zero, one had no interest in college and the second never panned out

I really had high hopes for Carey and hope he finishes his career off well wherever he goes. I thought getting him was a huge recruiting win and he would bring some of that New York scoring guard mentality that UConn had seemed to have for years.

I have mixed feelings of whether he was overrated or that we can’t develop the higher rated guards we’ve been getting recently like Carey and Joseph

goodines not going to be able to step up getting spot minutes. He looked very impressive for a freshman in Italy and even the exhibitions. He’s got a great skill set. Buddy should not be playing 37 mins and Girard 36. JB’s gonna do it again.

Couldn't agree more and it is to their detriment. He better play Goodine vs Bucknell because hes the third guard and something could happen to JG3 or Buddy not even injuries and just the refs calling cheap fouls.

JB did a great job with Buddy last year but really screwed his own kid vs Baylor not giving him a breather to watch the pace of the game from the bench for a couple minutes and regroup. He'll probably do the same disservice to JG3 ie he is having rough night with a couple turnovers and instead of taking a seat JB leaves him out there and tries to make up for it shooting contested threes that end up being more turnovers.

Well, I am getting older, so the likelihood that I've had this thought before is VERY high.

Lol, great post! I was once conversing with someone, and LSD came up. The other participant replied that as adults there is very little we experience that is truly new. Your post reminded me of that.

Simply not true. I watched the game this afternoon. If I could pull up the video, I'd flipping show you. Buddy was worse the first 8 minutes. No hook for him. One has trust the other doesn't. Not sure why (and I'm not talking about the family relationship). I'm sure there is a lot more going on, but banishing a kid to the bench and not giving him his second half start, which is SU tradition, indicates to me that something did happen.

I thought of this observation midway through the first half tonight. Aside from that great 4-assist possession that set up Girard's three, that was a brutal stretch for the starting backcourt that left me wondering why some healthy backups weren't at the scorer's table. Hate to use the L word again, but that was a surprisingly long leash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom