James' appeal will be heard by SU next week | Syracusefan.com

James' appeal will be heard by SU next week

super. Glad we have the entire next week off after the ND game

I get that the NCAA has other things that they are focused on, but this news demonstrates the bureaucratic nonsense of that goofy organization.

Nice to see them taking their sweet ass time, while a senior's eligibility slips by the wayside.

I get that the NCAA has other things that they are focused on, but this news demonstrates the bureaucratic nonsense of that goofy organization.

Nice to see them taking their sweet ass time, while a senior's eligibility slips by the wayside.
It's an SU appeal, not an NCAA appeal.

So if he is appealing in front of a Syracuse panel...how does that suffice what the NCAA wants or asks?

So if he is appealing in front of a Syracuse panel...how does that suffice what the NCAA wants or asks?
No info in the article as to whether that hearing could be the end of it or if there are other (NCAA) shoes to drop.

Obviously there is a lot going on, but I don't think the NCAA has ever been involved, right?

I guess the worst case would be he wins the appeal with the school, comes back, then later on the NCAA investigates and decides he wasn't eligible? But as far as I know, this is bnetween James and the school. (obviously the NCAA is looming over this). I think it was Bees or Jake who said they could play Southerland now and just run the risk of the NCAA later deeming him ineligible.

Figured he had no chance of playing this weekend. Glad we finally have some idea of when this might get cleared up. Hope the appeal goes well.

It's an SU appeal, not an NCAA appeal.

My bad [just skimmed the article--should have read more closely].

But if it is before an SU panel, What is the holdup? He's been out for going on three weeks, tack on part of another until whenever next week the appeal is heard, and we're nearly at a month. Why couldn't this have been expedited, if its an internal SU matter?

My guess is that if it's an SU panel for academics, it's before the NCAA would get involved. If SU did nothing then the NCAA would get involved and start up an investigation for program violations.

My bad [just skimmed the article--should have read more closely].

But if it is before an SU panel, What is the holdup? He's been out for going on three weeks, tack on part of another until whenever next week the appeal is heard, and we're nearly at a month. Why couldn't this have been expedited, if its an internal SU matter?
Maybe because they're giving him a token appeal, but the chances of him winning it are slim and none.

Obviously there is a lot going on, but I don't think the NCAA has ever been involved, right?

I guess the worst case would be he wins the appeal with the school, comes back, then later on the NCAA investigates and decides he wasn't eligible? But as far as I know, this is bnetween James and the school. (obviously the NCAA is looming over this). I think it was Bees or Jake who said they could play Southerland now and just run the risk of the NCAA later deeming him ineligible.

Yea its more along the lines of if you play him and say F it I will roll the dice and he does become ineligible then you would be fore fitting games which obviously you do not want to do.

I agree with what RF said..What took so long given this was a Syracuse thing?

Welp. At least we got some info. It seems my b****ing in the other thread has paid dividends. :cool:

Fingers crossed from now on.

Damn NCAA ;)

I guess that other thread will now die. Need a new one blasting SU now.

Damn NCAA ;)

I guess that other thread will now die. Need a new one blasting SU now.

I dont normally get upset about the delay of these types of things because A. I know the NCAA takes forever to pretty much do anything and B I watched Cody Jameson on our Lax team a few years ago literally have to sit out the entire regular season minus two games before being ruled eligible.

But why in the world is SU seemingly dragging this thing out, appeal to be heard next week? Are you telling me cant get this heard like at 3:30 today? This is what seperates SU from Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Kansas, Indiana, etc this thing would have been wrapped up in a week at any of those schools, unreal.

Hey it worked when Devo went before the board didnt it?

But why in the world is SU seemingly dragging this thing out, appeal to be heard next week? Are you telling me cant get this heard like at 3:30 today? This is what seperates SU from Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Kansas, Indiana, etc this thing would have been wrapped up in a week at any of those schools, unreal.

I'm guessing there is more to the story that meets the eye. It could be a million things. Maybe it is a six game suspension imposed by JAB. Maybe JSIII needed all this time to complete some school work and the appeal couldn't be set up until it was completed. Let's just hope that the appeal process doesn't drag and that they immediately rule in his favor and there is no futher delay. That would be the best case scenario. Don't even want to think anything less than that at this point.

maybe james wasnt prepared to fight his case and was waiting on advice from counsel. i would rather james go in when he is ready and prepared.

Well afterall, this probably isn't as important as getting their luxury suites and party rooms arranged for New Orleans.

My hope is that if James wins the SU academic appeal then the NCAA won't rule James ineligible the Tuesday before the NCAA Tournament. While we would all love James back now I just want the decision next week to be the final one, I was driving back from lunch when I found out about Melo's ineligibility for the NCAA Tournament last year and nearly drove off the road when I heard he was ineligible. Let's hope the Prof. that James apparently passed in a paper that was partially written by the tutor allowed him to re-write the paper and gives James a sufficient grade to keep him eligible.