James' appeal will be heard by SU next week | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

James' appeal will be heard by SU next week

My hope is that if James wins the SU academic appeal then the NCAA won't rule James ineligible the Tuesday before the NCAA Tournament. While we would all love James back now I just want the decision next week to be the final one, I was driving back from lunch when I found out about Melo's ineligibility for the NCAA Tournament last year and nearly drove off the road when I heard he was ineligible. Let's hope the Prof. that James apparently passed in a paper that was partially written by the tutor allowed him to re-write the paper and gives James a sufficient grade to keep him eligible.

I dont see how the NCAA is even involved or would suddenly have a say in this. This is and always was a Syracuse investigation and never an NCAA investigation. If we the school deem this to be "fixed" then he is playing.

I dont see how the NCAA is even involved or would suddenly have a say in this. This is and always was a Syracuse investigation and never an NCAA investigation. If we the school deem this to be "fixed" then he is playing.

NCAA is surely invovled

I think only involved by making sure we follow protocol. They are not going to reverse a decision that we make (at least I dont think they would)

I agree but just having them involved is allready to much if you know what I mean.

I agree but just having them involved is allready to much if you know what I mean.

Yea I know what you mean. I still think that if he is given the green light by the board hes back for good.

Thanks Cali, for prying some info out. Otherwise we would still be waiting, waiting, waiting..

I'm sure the University has at least consulted with the NCAA over this matter.

I think only involved by making sure we follow protocol. They are not going to reverse a decision that we make (at least I dont think they would)
The NCAA is involved for sure, how did Melo get the green light from SU last year and then the NCAA pulled the rug 2 days before the NCAAT began? There is no doubt the NCAA is involved with this process, I just hope whatever decision SU makes next week regarding James is the final one and the NCAA rubber stamps the SU decision assuming its done fairly.

I do not claim to have any insight into this incident or the process - but something seems completely off when it takes 6 games for SU's own people to get around to dealing with this situation. From the outside I would not be surprised if there are people within SU who take some pride in sticking to Boeheim and athletics in general even though without the program SU gets much less attention as a university and Syracuse the city is never heard from. I will not be surprised if they keep JS out. I am not saying that they should whitewash the issues (I was totally anti-JB's head in the sand approach to MCW) but this issue did not appear to be a major problem so I cannot understand how they have not gotten it taken care of quicker than this.

The NCAA is involved for sure, how did Melo get the green light from SU last year and then the NCAA pulled the rug 2 days before the NCAAT began? There is no doubt the NCAA is involved with this process, I just hope whatever decision SU makes next week regarding James is the final one and the NCAA rubber stamps the SU decision assuming its done fairly.

Because Melo...unlike James (I am hoping) didnt do what he was supposed to do or didnt follow through on the thing or things he was supposed to do.

At his appeal hearing, James should just pull a "Red" from The Shawshank Redemption:

"There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then, a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bull word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a ."

They'd stamp James clean and let him out to play for sure!

Maybe because they're giving him a token appeal, but the chances of him winning it are slim and none.
Or maybe he was given several weeks to make-up whatever academic deficiency triggered his suspension (e.g., (re)submitting a term paper or missed assignment, re-taking an exam, etc).
Bear in mind that classes have only been back in session for 2 1/2 weeks.

My only hope is that whatever the appeals board decides is truly final, and we don't endure another situation like with Melo last year.

Because Melo...unlike James (I am hoping) didnt do what he was supposed to do or didnt follow through on the thing or things he was supposed to do.
Is this a fact or reliable hearsay? If Melo F'ed up again when he came back I didn't know that and makes me more angry at him for us last year. Also, why would the NCAA have declared Melo ineligible for the NCAA Tournament instead of SU doing it.

I get that the NCAA has other things that they are focused on, but this news demonstrates the bureaucratic nonsense of that goofy organization.

Nice to see them taking their sweet ass time, while a senior's eligibility slips by the wayside.
Exactly its his last year to play college ball, how about they step up to the plate and make a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this a fact or reliable hearsay? If Melo F'ed up again when he came back I didn't know that and makes me more angry at him for us last year. Also, why would the NCAA have declared Melo ineligible for the NCAA Tournament instead of SU doing it.

Melo should never have been brought back in the first place.

Even Donna Ditota said in her chat that this was not an NCAA thing.

Maybe just maybe he was suspended for six games initially and told he could then apply for reinstatement depending on his academic record.

Interesting piece of news from Twitter
NCAA found it. But it's an SU academic issue. @ericduick Why SU panel after it was later reported it stemmed from NCAA investigation?
So its an SU issue because the NCAA found out. This leads me to believe the tutor of James ratted him out to the NCAA about the paper and caused SU to have to declare him ineligible. Hopefully, the professor allows James a reprieve and he submitted the paper and becomes eligible.

Interesting piece of news from Twitter
NCAA found it. But it's an SU academic issue. @ericduick Why SU panel after it was later reported it stemmed from NCAA investigation?
So its an SU issue because the NCAA found out. This leads me to believe the tutor of James ratted him out to the NCAA about the paper and caused SU to have to declare him ineligible. Hopefully, the professor allows James a reprieve and he submitted the paper and becomes eligible.
Alsacs...I assume you added the part above that starts with, "So its an SU issue..." ???

If its before an SU judicial panel James will not be back, we've seen they don't need a burden of prove for suspension.

If its before an SU judicial panel James will not be back, we've seen they don't need a burden of prove for suspension.

If I am not mistaken Devo went before this very same board and got a reprieve.

Thanks Cali, for prying some info out. Otherwise we would still be waiting, waiting, waiting..

But unlike some wanted, it was neither SU nor the NCAA that put this info out. It was the paper.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Exactly its his last year to play college ball, how about they step up to the plate and make a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're joking of course. I've found that think in that way israre if nota total non sequitor.

You're joking of course. I've found that think in that way israre if nota total non sequitor.
Someone please translate this second "sentence." I'm not wearing my Cali-->English decoder ring.

If I am not mistaken Devo went before this very same board and got a reprieve.

Yeah but only after his attorney threatened to get a state court injunction and raise holy hell.