James' appeal will be heard by SU next week | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

James' appeal will be heard by SU next week

Well count me as convinced.

@ : MT @CNYmediaCritic: Shot the with Southerland at bar. Says he'll absolutely be back. Take that for what it's worth.
so who is this that tweeted it?

NCAA would not "find" a tutor doing work for James on a paper. Someone (the tutor, the prof?) had to let them know about this.
Wouldn't the NCAA just naturally ask the team tutors questions on how they help the players. That's not far fetched. If the tutor replied that he helps them with the school work like writing papers, the NCAA could have interpted that to mean they actually write some of the paper. Reviewing all the work JS has done and trying to understand just how the tutor helped could acocunt for the length of time this has taken.

Am I wrong, but I really don't think the NCAA would be involved in this, would they? The NCAA decides before a player enrolls if he is eligible, then I feel like when they get involved after that, it's usually way after the fact. (Like with Derrick Rose or whatever). At least from the academic side. Is this not right?

The fact that he's having an appeal with SU, and everything else we've read third hand, tells me the NCAA isn't involved in this at all. (at least not yet).

Am I wrong, but I really don't think the NCAA would be involved in this, would they? The NCAA decides before a player enrolls if he is eligible, then I feel like when they get involved after that, it's usually way after the fact. (Like with Derrick Rose or whatever). At least from the academic side. Is this not right?

The fact that he's having an appeal with SU, and everything else we've read third hand, tells me the NCAA isn't involved in this at all. (at least not yet).

The NCAA triggered this. From how I understand it they threw the ball back into our court to handle and if sufficiently handled will then turn the other way. Am I reading this right?

The NCAA triggered this. From how I understand it they threw the ball back into our court to handle and if sufficiently handled will then turn the other way. Am I reading this right?

Ok, that kinda surprises me. All I know is what I've read here, don't have any inside info.

I can buy what you say, it still means the ball is in SU's court here. I know the NCAA is an easy target, and god knows I've taken shots at them, but it doesn't seem like they are at fault for why this is dragging on. Does that sound right?

Ok, that kinda surprises me. All I know is what I've read here, don't have any inside info.

I can buy what you say, it still means the ball is in SU's court here. I know the NCAA is an easy target, and god knows I've taken shots at them, but it doesn't seem like they are at fault for why this is dragging on. Does that sound right?

I dont know if they are the ones that are dragging it. I always thought all along that James needed time to get this right, get all of his ducks in order and fix the problem before going before this review board. The one thing that bothers me is why they are waiting until next week to meet. Maybe they cant fit him in? Maybe he needs to wait his turn? Not sure but at least we will 100% know one way or the other next week if he is coming back or riding off into the sunset.

thats it. so dont think for a second that if they dont like what happens...they will step in and blow the whole season up.

cant wait till JB crosses 900 & 902 next year...

:eek:

thats it. so dont think for a second that if they dont like what happens...they will step in and blow the whole season up.

cant wait till JB crosses 900 & 902 next year...

:eek:

Seriously. They better have all of their I's dotted and T's crossed come judgment day.

Seriously. They better have all of their I's dotted and T's crossed come judgment day.
well theyve had a month.

connecting a few dots, this is whats taking so long.

Oh Lord

Well count me as convinced.

@ : MT @CNYmediaCritic: Shot the with Southerland at bar. Says he'll absolutely be back. Take that for what it's worth.
Whitey: Who was the tweet from?

Whitey: Who was the tweet from?
CNYmediacritic. whoever that is. it was retweeted by S-out but it looks like that part was blocked.

CNYmediacritic. whoever that is. it was retweeted by S-out but it looks like that part was blocked.

I think he's just a guy who complains about the local media lol

I'm sure the University has at least consulted with the NCAA over this matter.

you don't consult with the ncaa. you are on your own, they give you no guidelines, and that is where the hold up is. i am sure syracuse athletic dept wanted to make sure they did whatever they needed to do before getting a hearing. if they botched this one it would have gave the ncaa a reason to get involved.