James Franklin to PSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

James Franklin to PSU

I don't, Penn State didn't want them. We've always recruited Pennsylvania but we've rarely beaten Penn State for a kid they want. That long trend will continue no matter who the coach is.

Doesn't mean we still shouldn't try and we'll continue to find kids like the above. Penn sylvania probably puts out about 50 D1 kids a year. Penn State can't take them all.[/quote]

Zackly! Kind of what I meant by my posts but yours is much more succinct.

Johnson will look at Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame IMO. One of those four schools will come in and offer him $$$ and the ability to spite Penn State. I would bet Urban will offer the Everett Withers position on his staff if he hasn't filled it yet.

Notre Dame needs a DC. I wonder if that job is a possibility for LJ.

It seems for some of you, no matter what the 'Pedsters' do, it is bad news for Syracuse. All I am going to say is Let's Go Orange! I don't have time to worry about other programs.

BoB took Vrabel to Houston with him. LJ to OSU would make so much sense right now

Notre Dame needs a DC. I wonder if that job is a possibility for LJ.

Notre Dame named Brian Van Gorder their DC several days ago.

There's an agreement in place. He's headed to State College. Vandy is trying to make it hard for him to go. James has already reached out to PA high school coaches with blue chip recruits.

There's an agreement in place. He's headed to State College. Vandy is trying to make it hard for him to go. James has already reached out to PA high school coaches with blue chip recruits.
Congratulations, Penn State. You found someone willing to rehabilitate your should-be-dead program. He is of impeccable and laudable standing, given his revolting past pronouncements. You deserve each other.

Notre Dame named Brian Van Gorder their DC several days ago.

whoops. missed that. nice to see uncle rico landed on his feet.

rico.jpg

I am actually surprised they are considering bringing in a guy whose current program is affiliated with rape. Seems like a bad idea.

As long as Franklin didn't try to cover up the rape, why should he blamed for this? Did he encourage this type of behavior among his players? I believe this kind of tie in is wrong unless there is proof he played a part in it, innocent until proven guilty.

If Syracuse continues to improve then I'm not worried about who PSU gets. Do our job and things will take care of themselves. If people are worried about recruits then go to the games and help SU recruit by filling the dome.

What is the potential scandal at Vandy that was just talked about on ESPN?

The rape has been known for a while, but one of the defendants wants to enter into evidence all phone calls and text messages from the coaching staff while the intial investigation was going on.

I have no idea where this going....http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...dy-rape-case-seeks-text-messages-from-coaches

and this story says USC passed on franklin...http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014...-due-to-vanderbilt-players-ongoing-rape-case/

plus in three season's he has only beaten 4 teams with winning records

With Mike Vrabel taking the DL job with Texans I think this another shot Bill O'Brien is doing to Penn State. Opening a spot on Ohio State's coaching staff for Urban Meyter to hire Larry Johnson and his recruiting contacts.

With Mike Vrabel taking the DL job with Texans I think this another shot Bill O'Brien is doing to Penn State. Opening a spot on Ohio State's coaching staff for Urban Meyter to hire Larry Johnson and his recruiting contacts.

O'Brien's reputation is on the line with the Texans, why would he ever jeopardize that by trying to ruin PSU with a poor hire?

O'Brien's reputation is on the line with the Texans, why would he ever jeopardize that by trying to ruin PSU with a poor hire?
He isn't jeopardizing anything by hiring Vrabel. However, please don't tell me the chain reaction of being able to hire somebody he wants and tweaking Penn State isn't out of question. I never said he only hired the guy to screw Penn State. Vrabel has the New England connection with O'Brien, but with Larry Johnson coaching the Penn State DL and O'Brien hiring Ohio State's DL coach it could result in Larry Johnson going to Ohio State and hurting Penn State.

He isn't jeopardizing anything by hiring Vrabel. However, please don't tell me the chain reaction of being able to hire somebody he wants and tweaking Penn State isn't out of question. I never said he only hired the guy to screw Penn State. Vrabel has the New England connection with O'Brien, but with Larry Johnson coaching the Penn State DL and O'Brien hiring Ohio State's DL coach it could result in Larry Johnson going to Ohio State and hurting Penn State.

I'd say he hurt OSU a lot more than PSU.

I'd say he hurt OSU a lot more than PSU.
I disagree Larry Johnson Sr is one of the best recruiters in PA, MD, NJ area. Vrabel may be a better coach, but I doubt he is a better recruiter.

I disagree Larry Johnson Sr is one of the best recruiters in PA, MD, NJ area. Vrabel may be a better coach, but I doubt he is a better recruiter.

Did I miss OSU hiring Johnson? I just don't see the tie in.

@BFeldmanCBS: New #PennState coach James Franklin: "Our recruiting philosophy is we're gonna DOMINATE the state and we're gonna DOMINATE the region."

Another coach...another "dream job."

"I'd still be at Vanderbilt if it wasn't just such an unbelievable opportunity," he said. "We're coming with the mindset we're going to build this program. ... We plan on being here a very, very long time. This is my dream job; this is where I want to be."

JoeCollege said:
He won't have to leave PA to recruit. He may draw some southern kids up, but he's gonna have a lock on PA, DC area and Tidewater recruits, which have all been fertile territory for PSU anyway. He'll put a bigger dent into MD and Rutgers in terms of stealing from them, as he'll own them on the field as well on a regular basis.

If he doesn't recruit outside of PA and the DC area, he'll have a run on plodding 8-4 Big 10 teams.

Already flipped a few commits to PSU. Wonder if PSU will pull a few of the offers