James Franklin to PSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

James Franklin to PSU

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS13m
BREAKING #Vandy coach James Franklin is expected to be the next head coach at #PennState, per source

It looks like Franklin has accepted Penn State's offer.

If this happens, PSU made a great hire here; Franklin is an excellent recruiter and has ties to many of PSU's traditional recruiting areas. SU will have to work even harder to land top talent in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
Too Bad, He is going to suceed there. They dont deserve it.

Gotta wonder where this leaves Cabinda. They probably like him so he'll stay. I would love for us to play again sometime soon so we can knock their block off

Syracuse’s work won’t be any harder than usual recruiting against Penn State.

I would absolutely be on the horn to OL Brendan Brosnan and RB Mikale Wilbon.

Maybe Dallas Rivers also. He was offered. RB from Stone Mountain GA...Josh Parris' HS.

we didn't steal any of those kids from penn state.

Pennsylvania kids that probably would have shone at PSU as they did here. Both NFL draftees. I count them as wins in my book.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS13m
BREAKING #Vandy coach James Franklin is expected to be the next head coach at #PennState, per source

It looks like Franklin has accepted Penn State's offer.

If this happens, PSU made a great hire here; Franklin is an excellent recruiter and has ties to many of PSU's traditional recruiting areas. SU will have to work even harder to land top talent in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
I'm probably rationalizing, but he has exactly ONE signature win at Vandy and it was against a super beat up UGA team this year. He did a shady and got himself four ooc wins against Austin Peay, umass, uab and wake (which came down to the wire). He could be great with more talent, but it's possible that he ends up performing just like O'Brien at PSU. He was positioned beautifully in the sec east where Tenny has downright stunk and florida was terrible this year.

Syracuse’s work won’t be any harder than usual recruiting against Penn State.

I would absolutely be on the horn to OL Brendan Brosnan and RB Mikale Wilbon.

I really hope they go after Brosnan... IL guy at a position of need with great offers...

We have recruited PA for years and have pulled a lot of talent from that state, PSU offer or not. We haven't had much luck with the blue chip types out of the tri-state area and PA that they target, it was that way under Paterno and it probably won't change. Don't really see how this changes anything from the current.

We have recruited PA for years and have pulled a lot of talent from that state, PSU offer or not. We haven't had much luck with the blue chip types out of the tri-state area and PA that they target, it was that way under Paterno and it probably won't change. Don't really see how this changes anything from the current.

Agreed, this hurts Maryland, Rutgers and perhaps teams like Ohio State more than us. We rarely ever get the blue chip kids, that PSU wants. It's the way of the world

Agreed, this hurts Maryland, Rutgers and perhaps teams like Ohio State more than us. We rarely ever get the blue chip kids, that PSU wants. It's the way of the world
i suppose the trickle down is that Rutgers, MD and even VT could lose out on their territory and come to battle us in ours. If we can't outsell the first two, though, that's on us.

I didn't realize we were out recruiting Penn St before Franklin.. good to know. I guess this changes everything. What

The real question recruiting wise is will Larry Johnson stay or did PSU tick him off enough that he will seek other opportunities perhaps an NFL line position? (I know long shot)

Pennsylvania kids that probably would have shone at PSU as they did here. Both NFL draftees. I count them as wins in my book.

I don't, Penn State didn't want them. We've always recruited Pennsylvania but we've rarely beaten Penn State for a kid they want. That long trend will continue no matter who the coach is.

Doesn't mean we still shouldn't try and we'll continue to find kids like the above. Pennsylvania probably puts out about 50 D1 kids a year. Penn State can't take them all.

The real question recruiting wise is will Larry Johnson stay or did PSU tick him off enough that he will seek other opportunities perhaps an NFL line position? (I know long shot)
That's what i was trying to figure out.

@johnclarknbc10
Source close to Penn State assistant Larry Johnson says its his intention to leave team after 18 years. He was one of top recruiters

!!

John Clark NBC10 ‏@johnclarknbc10 3m
Source close to Penn State's Larry Johnson says he's very upset he didnt get job. His intention is to leave. Hopefully he reconsiders

Hope not.

John Clark NBC10 ‏@johnclarknbc10 3m
Source close to Penn State's Larry Johnson says he's very upset he didnt get job. His intention is to leave. Hopefully he reconsiders

Hope not.
Johnson will look at Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame IMO. One of those four schools will come in and offer him $$$ and the ability to spite Penn State. I would bet Urban will offer the Everett Withers position on his staff if he hasn't filled it yet.

Franklin does also have a strong connection to CORE6 in Chicago. A group we have 3 current commits out of. He recently spoke at their banquet and is highly respected by the founders. So it's not just the Mid-Atlantic he could clean up in, but also the midwest...aka Mikale Wilbon, and Brendan Brosnen

Yep. People keep saying we didn't beat out PedSt before so nothing changes. That's true but he could hurt us some in other areas being at Pedst instead of Vandy. Heck he got a few kids to go Vandy that we wanted. Hurts others more, but could hurt us some also.

Yep. People keep saying we didn't beat out PedSt before so nothing changes. That's true but he could hurt us some in other areas being at Pedst instead of Vandy. Heck he got a few kids to go Vandy that we wanted. Hurts others more, but could hurt us some also.

I agree Bees, but seriously the guy can't take everybody. At Vandy he was forced to recruit nationally and pull the best kids he could. At PSu he will have to take local kids and Jersey guys. He's also got a sound background in MD. He gets 25 kids per class once the sanctions are gone in 2 years, and if successful he will be pro bound at that time or not too long after that!

I agree Bees, but seriously the guy can't take everybody. At Vandy he was forced to recruit nationally and pull the best kids he could. At PSu he will have to take local kids and Jersey guys. He's also got a sound background in MD. He gets 25 kids per class once the sanctions are gone in 2 years, and if successful he will be pro bound at that time or not too long after that!

Yep, he can't get everyone.