james southerland & agent declined | Syracusefan.com

james southerland & agent declined

will6786

Scout Team
the spurs where set to draft him at 58 but him and agent declined there ideal of sending him to europe for one year what a mistake on him & agent part passing up a oppirtunity to get drafted by a championship caliber team in spurs

Source? I was shocked when the took Thomas because I read Dirty had been outplaying him in most workouts

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That said why Europe the spurs have a great D League program

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. How could you say no to the best Franchise (if you consider their market size) in American Sports.

And yes, i stand behind the Spurs as the most well run franchise in all sports.

Agreed. Spurs have an incredible track record of turning their draft picks into meaningful NBA contributors. If they want you, even if it's down the road, I think you should jump at the opportunity.
Wasn't mookie watkins part of their organization for a bit?

maybe james thought he could get this deal anyways. shop himself, and if nothing better, see if the offer from the spurs is still valid.

D-League pays between $12,000-$24,000 is why, I'm guessing.
But why would Dirty want any team to own his rights if he is going to Europe? His agent doesnt need the spurs to get a deal in Europe. Let's see where he lands I'm sure there is a plan

He might get more right now, but getting the chance to be developed and play in the Spurs organization and not taking that opportunity was a huge mistake. That agent needs to be fired!!! I would drop that agent quicker than a bad habit.

They probably don't want to take the chance that he gets cut (good possibility) and then all of the best spots in Europe are already taken. There's nothing wrong with him making some cash in Europe and then looking for his best opportunity to make a squad in the NBA.

He might get more right now, but getting the chance to be developed and play in the Spurs organization and not taking that opportunity was a huge mistake. That agent needs to be fired!!! I would drop that agent quicker than a bad habit.
He only gets the opportunity to be developed if he hangs on with the team. There are no guarantees of that.

Sounds similar to the Demetrious Nichols situation.
No one seems to want to pass up any immediate earnings for a chance to make the show.

How do any of you know. let alone understand, why they made the decision they did? I'm sure it was more than a "Oh, let's do this." If James goes overseas, he will certainly get good playing time and make far more money than D league. All NBA teams will be aware of how his game is progressing.

How do any of you know. let alone understand, why they made the decision they did? I'm sure it was more than a "Oh, let's do this." If James goes overseas, he will certainly get good playing time and make far more money than D league. All NBA teams will be aware of how his game is progressing.

I have to say the Spurs could have been a great landing spot, but Dirty gets a contract in Europe regardless of the spurs deal. The difference is that he has the opportunity to make an NBA roster this year, and if not he can still go to Europe. If the Spurs really want him they can grab him as a free agent. It can be argued that his chances of making the NBA could actually be worse if he takes the Spurs deal as it would fall solely on their need to have him on their roster.

you guys are just plain wrong. The Spurs wanted James to go to Europe. they weren't going to pay him one red cent. However, James would theirs for two years. And he would get nothing in return. He could go to europe if he wanted. Or he can sign with any team he wants. Much better for James. No question.

the spurs where set to draft him at 58 but him and agent declined there ideal of sending him to europe for one year what a mistake on him & agent part passing up a oppirtunity to get drafted by a championship caliber team in spurs

You cant possivly no wht mite had been disgust betwen Jams and hs agint an the spurs can u maby imagine the partys involved mite no a lil bit more than u about the situashun?

The OP should be able to do that. Methinks Zelda said what many of us wanted to say.
I agree with what he says and think James is better off not being tied down.

Just making a joke at zelda's expense as that post was a non autocorrected mess and very unlike him

Sounds similar to the Demetrious Nichols situation.
No one seems to want to pass up any immediate earnings for a chance to make the show.
My memory is that DNic suffered from an erroneous report that he had hepatitis or something along those lines

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom