Jamie Dixon to TCU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jamie Dixon to TCU

pearl31 said:
what if they go after Ollie?!

If Ollie ends up in Pitt it pretty much puts the "is UCONN a mid major" argument to bed.

Dixon might not have a choice after their all too common choke job in the tourney...again

Dixon's playing style does not translate well to post season. Just like the former Pitt coach. Hard nose d is one thing, but the hands on, pushing and shoving is something else. Wright at Villanova has a similar problem. You would think Wright's guard centric teams would be made for the tourney where guard play is so important

Honestly getting rid of Dixon would be a big win for us. There is nobody they could get that would have more success against our system. I wholeheartedly support him going to TCU, Timbuktu, or Hell in a handbasket.

I'll be a bit of contrarian but playing against Pitt prepares us for very physical play. Its unfortunate that we come out the short end most of time but playing against diversity of all kinds is the only way to get better.

I'll be a bit of contrarian but playing against Pitt prepares us for very physical play. Its unfortunate that we come out the short end most of time but playing against diversity of all kinds is the only way to get better.

Maybe but we just can't afford two conference losses per year just automatically entered the day the season starts.

Maybe but we just can't afford two conference losses per year just automatically entered the day the season starts.
Its the cost of improving. Here we are still dancing and Pitt is out. Would you trade places? [I just checked the Pitt Board and there is complete silence to the topic "Where's all the Dixon vs Boeheim talk now????"]

Same as with playing UConn. For quite a long stretch they dominated us, even for the year we had Carmelo. Healthy competition is the only tonic for a good run in the NCAA tourney.

Why? I mean, yeah, he played there, but that's a trash job. I'd love to see him leave, assuming Pitt wouldn't land Sean Miller.
Why is it a trash job? It's a Power 5 conference program. Maybe they're ready and willing to make the necessary investments. With the right support, a talented coach can turn programs like this around and make them competitive.

Not to mention Pitt is in a rut and has become pretty irrelevant under Dixon. They haven't finished a season ranked in five years after accomplishing that in nine of ten seasons from 2002-2011. Which means he's on the hot seat. If he went to TCU he'd be considered a saint for many years no matter how bad they were.

Dixon is paid really well at Pitt I highly doubt TCU which is a football school will pay the requisite bucks to get him to take that job.

He would need 3 years to just rebuild that program and I highly doubt he wants to start a program from scratch that isn't going to get recruits easily when he can't even recruit that well to Pitt.

Dixon isn't going anywhere.

Dixon is paid really well at Pitt I highly doubt TCU which is a football school will be the requisite bucks to get him to take that job.

He would need 3 years to just rebuild that program and I highly doubt he wants to start a program from scratch that isn't going to get recruits easily when he can't even recruit that well to Pitt.

Dixon isn't going anywhere.
I could see TCU paying up for someone. The big 12 pays out a good amount annually, so they can probably afford it. The school is already pretty successful in football, given the quality basketball teams in that conference, I wouldn't be surprised if the admins think it's time to step up their game on the court and really compete.

I could see their fans saying if Baylor can do it, then anyone can.

I'd pass on that job based off of the court alone. It burns my retinas...x2 when they're hosting Tennessee.

we all know jamie dixon is a good coach. if the fans and alumni are giving you sh%T about lack of tourney success then jump that PITT train. you know you're gonna land on your feet someplace else without the headaches . brand new day.

The TCU chancellor (prez) likes to tell a story, he asked the football coach a few years ago,
What do you need to be competitive? The answer was an indoor practice facility, the bill $7 million back then (8-10 years ago),
So the chancellor went to a donor lunch and was talking about the need for a practice facility, said it was going to be a long road, but they would like to start raising money for a practice facility.
At the end of the lunch a couple of donors approached the chancellor and said "We would like to help"
The chancellor said great! What can you get us started with $100,000?
Oh no, the donors replied, we will donate the $7 million!
One lunch talk, $7 million practice facility done.
They may be willing to pay up for a coach, they took a pretty big contract hit firing the last coach early.

There's already talk that TCU is prepared to make the move, buyout notwithstanding. Plus this would be a homecoming since he is an alum.
Wouldn't be a surprise at all if this happens, IMO.

It seems like it would be hard for Dixon to come back now.

Pitt fans aren't going to want to hear this kind of news.

I hope he goes, I won't miss him.
Pitt fans want him to go just as much as Syracuse fans want him gone.

Pitt fans won't be upset by this news. Dixon has a contract thru 2022. Pitt can't fire the guy with that much money left to payout.

Pitt fans want him to go just as much as Syracuse fans want him gone.

Pitt fans won't be upset by this news. Dixon has a contract thru 2022. Pitt can't fire the guy with that much money left to payout.

If we were Kentucky, we'd buy out his contract and hire him into some menial job just he couldn't coach against us anymore.

The TCU chancellor (prez) likes to tell a story, he asked the football coach a few years ago,
What do you need to be competitive? The answer was an indoor practice facility, the bill $7 million back then (8-10 years ago),
So the chancellor went to a donor lunch and was talking about the need for a practice facility, said it was going to be a long road, but they would like to start raising money for a practice facility.
At the end of the lunch a couple of donors approached the chancellor and said "We would like to help"
The chancellor said great! What can you get us started with $100,000?
Oh no, the donors replied, we will donate the $7 million!
One lunch talk, $7 million practice facility done.
They may be willing to pay up for a coach, they took a pretty big contract hit firing the last coach early.
TCU has oil money for a nice endowment and some alums who are oil rich sports fans. If TCU wants Dixon, TCU can pay him whatever it takes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom