Jamie Dixon to TCU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jamie Dixon to TCU

giphy.gif

No way in he__ he would leave what he has going in AZ for Pitt

Agreed, why go from being the best coach in a garbage conference to being the 7th best coach in a great conference.

I wonder if Miller -- not Archie, but his brother, Sean -- would consider returning to his alma mater.

Just threw that name out there to my brother. Can't see Sean, but Archie is possible I'd think

How does this move make sense for Dixon? I don't get it.

Also breaking news: John Thompson openly admits to being both the real editor of Fab Melo's paper and the guy who hired players to run the shot clock at the YMCA. JB exonerated.

Also SEC schools to send 3-4 best football players to Dino Babers just 'cause he's awesome.

I wonder if Miller -- not Archie, but his brother, Sean -- would consider returning to his alma mater.
That would be stupid IMO. Arizona runs the Pac-12 and its a Syracuse level job top 9-11 in the nation. He doesn't have that much pressure he went to the 4 Sweet 16s and 3 Elite 8s since 2011.
Wisconsin has just owned him in the Elite 8.

If Sean Miller took that job though Luke Walton would get the Arizona job in like 5 minutes.

That would be stupid IMO. Arizona runs the Pac-12 and its a Syracuse level job top 9-11 in the nation. He doesn't have that much pressure he went to the 4 Sweet 16s and 3 Elite 8s since 2011.

If Sean Miller took that job though Luke Walton would get the Arizona job in like 5 minutes.
Luke wouldn't take it. He has his pick of NBA jobs at this point and people still think he will stay at GSW for a few years.

TheCusian said:
Also breaking news: John Thompson openly admits to being both the real editor of Fab Melo's paper and the guy who hired players to run the shot clock at the YMCA. JB exonerated. Also SEC schools to send 3-4 best football players to Dino Babers just 'cause he's awesome.

Speaking of: Does the average basketball fan even know who JTIII is in those new commercials?

Georgetown isn't exactly a household name anymore.

Alsacs said:
That would be stupid IMO. Arizona runs the Pac-12 and its a Syracuse level job top 9-11 in the nation. He doesn't have that much pressure he went to the 4 Sweet 16s and 3 Elite 8s since 2011. Wisconsin has just owned him in the Elite 8. If Sean Miller took that job though Luke Walton would get the Arizona job in like 5 minutes.

Over NBA jobs like Knicks or Lakers?!?

It is great in part because Dixon has had our number in recent years but also because the style of play he teaches is putrid and needs to be banned by the NCAA as not to destroy a beautiful game.

Rumor had it he was forced out by the Carolina Mafia because of that putrid style.

Same reason Frank Haith left Mizzou for Tulsa. No sense in waiting around to get fired. Plus the alumni factor.
Jamie Dixon had 7 years left on his contract. This was one of those fine you don't appreciate the level of success I have given you then I am leaving and going where I will be appreciated type of moves.

Pitt has made the tournament 11 of 13 years under Dixon that fanbase wanted more than 2 Sweet 16s. Both sides have legit opinions. Nobody is a loser as Dixon got paid and Pitt can replace him and Syracuse can finally beat Pitt constantly again.

two3zone said:
How does this move make sense for Dixon? I don't get it.

Doubled his salary and he's feeling a ton of pressure at Pitt because of tourney failures.

New lease on life.

Over NBA jobs like Knicks or Lakers?!?
Luke Walton isn't taking the Knicks job. If the Lakers keep their pick in this draft and can make a FA move they could appeal to Walton. However if Arizona job became open Walton would be stupid not to take that job as it recruits for itself and if he can coach they could damage their.

Alsacs said:
Luke Walton isn't taking the Knicks job. If the Lakers keep their pick in this draft and can make a FA move they could appeal to Walton. However if Arizona job became open Walton would be stupid not to take that job as it recruits for itself and if he can coach they could damage their.

You're underestimating the NBA vs college job. Most NBA guys think college is elementary school.

Luke wouldn't take it. He has his pick of NBA jobs at this point and people still think he will stay at GSW for a few years.
Why wouldn't he take it?
Why would Walton take a bad NBA job as the NBA is all about having a star to be able to win. If he went to Arizona he would get paid and could to the NBA when a good job opened up. Unless GS is going to pay him the salary of a HC why would he stay there.

IMO it would be stupid, as well. But it's his alma mater. Having the opportunity to coach at one's alma mater means a lot to some coaches, and can't be quantified easily.

Why wouldn't he take it?
Why would Walton take a bad NBA job as the NBA is all about having a star to be able to win. If he went to Arizona he would get paid and could to the NBA when a good job opened up. Unless GS is going to pay him the salary of a HC why would he stay there.

There are 25 million reasons to take it - look at the Knicks.

My guess is that Pitt will look at Orlando Antigua.

Should neither Miller brother be interested, I think this is the move.

Guess this falls into the "be careful what you wish for" category. We'll have a better shot of beating those shmucks now, but Pitt might emerge as an actual rival in recruiting (like when they had a more ambitious staff and beat us for Taft and McCullough early last decade).

For now, I'm just happy to never see Dixon again.

Next up, Pitino.

Slick Rick, you really should do the right thing and resign...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom