jamie interesting word choice | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

jamie interesting word choice

Why so bitter? Most of you talk about how Syracuse is better than Pitt which is true based on your tournament success. Pitt has done well in the regular season against Syracuse but they don't have the post season success against Syracuse or the final four appearances and championship they have. The thug ball argument is so old and weak by the way. Never lost a tournament game because fouls were called against us. Lost because we played a better team. Losing to Wichita St. in first round looked bad but in the end they made it to Final 4 because they were a better team than Pitt.

Yeah I saw that. They won 115 BE games in that time span and a DISTANT second, we won 114.

Time for that turd smoker to go back to being a comic book villian.
Ha comic book villain! That's rich!

Good grief. In the last ten years (the time frame of his choosing), there are 4 NCAA champs from the BE (SU, UConn x 2, Louisville) and he doesn't even have a FF appearance. Yet he has the unmitigated gall to describe Pitt as the best "by a pretty good margin" in the Big East during that time? Really?
So, basically, he said,

Why so bitter? Most of you talk about how Syracuse is better than Pitt which is true based on your tournament success. Pitt has done well in the regular season against Syracuse but they don't have the post season success against Syracuse or the final four appearances and championship they have. The thug ball argument is so old and weak by the way. Never lost a tournament game because fouls were called against us. Lost because we played a better team. Losing to Wichita St. in first round looked bad but in the end they made it to Final 4 because they were a better team than Pitt.

"By a pretty good Margin" is BS, that's why. It's an underhanded insult to the team (us) that's clearly better when it counts.
He can go pound sand, and will on Saturday...

So you're conceding that Pitt sucks in the tournament. Gee, thanks.

So Kent State and Pacific were better teams?

Villanova and Butler were better teams? You were a one seed in both those years.

Pitt has NEVER beaten a team seeded higher than them under Dixon. JB did that just last year. Twice.

Did you ever stop to think that teams that you wouldn't think are better than you in the tourney are so because suddenly your defense is much easier to score on? Hmmmmm now why would that be? Its not the number of fouls its when they call them early in the NCAA and you have to stop playing "defense" (I put that in quotes because we are talking about Pitt and Dixon's style of coaching constant fouling and moving screens on offense which I find disingenuous and underhanded much the way K coaching his guys to fall over is. Look how Duke struggles this year to defend at the rim without being able to flop) the way you were allowed to in the BE conference. Thus the team is shown in a much truer light talent wise than they had been during the conference schedule. If you simply read the rule book and go back to watch BE Pitt games under Dixon it is very clear that Pitt is constantly violating those rules on defense and doing it much more than the opposition. Its a system based on breaking the rules and getting away with it. Plus as this quote from Dixon shows at least to me he often comes across as an underhanded pr!ck. Edit guess that word wasn't allowed.

Last edited:
"By a pretty good Margin"

If he believes this, he's delirious. (doubtful)

If he knows it's not true, he's a disingenuous a$$. (likely)

(For some reason, Dixon's arrogance here really bothered me).

Whatever .. this year we should be able to match them physically with Rak/CJ/Grant down low .. should be a great game.

"By a pretty good Margin"

If he believes this, he's delirious. (doubtful)

If he knows it's not true, he's a disingenuous a$$. (likely)

(For some reason, Dixon's arrogance here really bothered me).

Maybe he had to do a sell job to the Pitt senior admin to get 'em to join the ACC, and now he's just blowing sunshine up their skirts? Only think I can figure.

All I want this week is to beat Pitt. I have a big proposal tomorrow if I don't get the account and we beat Pitt ill be ecstatic. If I get the account and we lose it'll be the worst week ever. If both the game and my meeting go well I may die of jubilation. Don't let me down cuse

All I want this week is to beat Pitt. I have a big proposal tomorrow if I don't get the account and we beat Pitt ill be ecstatic. If I get the account and we lose it'll be the worst week ever. If both the game and my meeting go well I may die of jubilation. Don't let me down cuse
good luck on both

I'm a bit late to this party. I've never really hated Pitt except when they played us. But if you had asked me to rank BE programs for the last ten years I would have had either UConn or SU at #1 (depending on how much you punish them for the last couple really bad years), LVille at 3, and then Pitt at 4. Very good... but living in the heart of previous foreign territory in NC now I can tell you... NOBODY thinks of Pitt as the big Basketball add of the new group. BTW... we have 267 wins the last ten years... Pitt 260. And after this year if you use "the last ten years" we'll be dropping a down 23 win season in 2004 from our total in favor of this years total while Pitt drops their highest total of 31 in 2004. Will start looking like a pretty good margin after all, just not how ...son thinks.

Yea butler went to the final 4 so yes they were better. Actually went to championship. You guys whine like women. We play tough. If you can handle being defended then you will lose. How come your coach never complains about it?

Yea butler went to the final 4 so yes they were better. Actually went to championship. You guys whine like women. We play tough. If you can handle being defended then you will lose. How come your coach never complains about it?
Couple of things. you embarrass yourself with your OOC schedule. A total joke. Your post season lack of success is also a total joke and is a result of the style of play you play. Keep playing that way. You will keep losing early. Every school that was in the Big east in the early days went to a final four except you. Providence. The Hall. Everyone. Someday, not here, ask yourself why this keeps happening. Maybe the light will go on.

Also scooter, ask yourself this one. You have dominated Syracuse. In the regular season. But in Big East tournament games, I don't think you have beat us under Jamie. 0-3? 0-4?

Let's just settle this thing on the court Saturday. I more than like our chances.

To be fair to Dixon, maybe he had just seen the stat around 2010 or 2011, and Pitt would have been well ahead at that point. But with Syracuse playing well, he assumed they had moved to #2 in the rankings and did not realize how close it now was.

, why am I giving any benefit of the doubt to this .

Not tough enough, apparently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom