Class of 2014 - January Enrollees | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 January Enrollees

timkay99

All Conference
Anyone know who is a potential January enrollee?

From CuseLegacy's posted tweet, it looks like A.J. Long will be here (which is huge for him trying to win that QB job).

Anyone else (or confirmation on AJ)?

Wayne Williams is a January enrollee for sure.

Looks like AJ and Corey will be rooming together this January

Aj Long ‏@FoeBoy_Cuse413h
If your not following my soon to be roommate @_cjCooper1 your timeline is not complete!! Get on it....NOW!!! Stop reading and follow him!

Corey Cooper ‏@_cjCooper114h
Everybody follow my upcoming roommate @Aj_Long3 !!!!

That is encouraging--both that they'll be here in January to get the head start / participate in spring practice, but more importantly because it sounds like Corey Cooper must be eligible.

Outstanding news!

That is encouraging--both that they'll be here in January to get the head start / participate in spring practice, but more importantly because it sounds like Corey Cooper must be eligible.

Outstanding news!

Oh, yeah! That would mean that!

Aaron Roberts ‏@D1_Roberts 10h
Already know my roommate for college. It's cracking.

Is he enrolling in January?

edit: No.. Spring Enrollee.

Last edited:
So far it's:

Wayne Williams
Corey Cooper
AJ Long

Come on guys, the more the merrier!

So far it's:

Wayne Williams
Corey Cooper
AJ Long

Come on guys, the more the merrier!

Are any eligible to count towards the 2013 scholarship cap as opposed to the 2014 pool?

For some reason I feel like we had a few DNQs that we weren't able to replace last minute, and/or were holding the ships for Williams and Cooper.

Are any eligible to count towards the 2013 scholarship cap as opposed to the 2014 pool?

For some reason I feel like we had a few DNQs that we weren't able to replace last minute, and/or were holding the ships for Williams and Cooper.

As long as we don't have to count the scholarships given to Clay Cleveland and Joe Nassib, we only used 23 out of 25 "Class of 2013" slots.

So we can count Williams and Cooper towards 2013 if you like.

Assuming that both Krautman and Flemming get hardship waivers, we'll have room for 19.

If Smith and/or Hickey jump to the NFL, or if there are any transfers or early graduations, there's room for more.

Last edited:
As long as we don't have to count the scholarships given to Clay Cleveland and Joe Nassib, we only used 23 out of 25 "Class of 2013" slots.

So we can count Williams and Cooper towards 2013 if you like.

Assuming that both Krautman and Flemming get hardship waivers, we'll have room for 19.

If Smith and/or Hickey jump to the NFL, or if there are any transfers or early graduations, there's room for more.

Yeah so because Malcolm Howard never made it and then we had the one open spot, that makes 2 towards last year.

Are you counting Marona's spot in the 19? He's done.

Assuming 19 + 2 and that we have 14 right now, that means we could take 7 more excluding any additional surprises.

Yeah so because Malcolm Howard never made it and then we had the one open spot, that makes 2 towards last year.

Are you counting Marona's spot in the 19? He's done.

Assuming 19 + 2 and that we have 14 right now, that means we could take 7 more excluding any additional surprises.

I already have Marona off the books. 66 players potentially returning:

Broyld, Morgan, Funderburk, Eskridge, Kimble
Reddish, Wilson, Arciniega, Desir, Vigille
Hunt, Kirkland, Norton, Winfield, Thompson
Kinder, Scissum, Hale, Kelly, Estime
Whigham, Flemming, George, Kobena, Morris
DMF, Hodge, AAM, Davis, Krautman
Lynch, Smith*, Fisher, Rodgers, Perry
Simmons, Crume, Trudo, Coleman, Miller
Palmer, Hickey*, McGloster, Lasker, Robinson
Hayes, Foy, Burton, Knapp, Emerich
Provo, Cornelius, Avant, Lewis, Batten
Moore, West, Parris, Washington, Johnson
Robinson, Welsh, Manley, Raymond, Trejo
Sloan.

It wouldn't surprise me if Dixon earned a scholarship for next year.

By my count we signed 19 last year that showed up in August. We can back count 6 in January.

Nassib and Cleveland don't count against the cap. It's those who 'signed' and enrolled in school.

Kraut should be back if we want him. Only played two games, I think qualifies for redshirt.

Fleming I assume is done. Marronas done. I'd bet hale is done but we'll see. Nassib and Cleveland are seniors. Fisher is a question mark. I do expect Dixon to get a ship.

By my count we signed 19 last year that showed up in August. We can back count 6 in January.

Nassib and Cleveland don't count against the cap. It's those who 'signed' and enrolled in school.

Kraut should be back if we want him. Only played two games, I think qualifies for redshirt.

Fleming I assume is done. Marronas done. I'd bet hale is done but we'll see. Nassib and Cleveland are seniors. Fisher is a question mark. I do expect Dixon to get a ship.

Plus, there's bound to be some unexpected attrition that might free up a few more roster slots. Happens every year.

What happened to Marona?

Both Krautman and Flemming have applied for the medical hardship waiver.

Don't assume that anyone who enrolled in January 2013 can automatically be counted towards the 2012 class. They're still counted as 2013 scholarships regardless of whether they enrolled in Jan 2013 or Aug 2013. Especially of all the Class of 2012 slots were already used.

Both Krautman and Flemming have applied for the medical hardship waiver.

Don't assume that anyone who enrolled in January 2013 can automatically be counted towards the 2012 class. They're still counted as 2013 scholarships regardless of whether they enrolled in Jan 2013 or Aug 2013. Especially of all the Class of 2012 slots were already used.

It all depends on numbers you can sign and enroll 25 kids per calendar year.

Wouldn't shock me to see Kinder and AAM graduate and go to a FCS school to complete their eligibility.

Wouldn't shock me to see Kinder and AAM graduate and go to a FCS school to complete their eligibility.
That would mean that AAM graduates in three years...he never red-shirted.

He's also had 3 summers, so he could finish in May I would imagine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom