Jason Hart to Kentucky as assistant coach | Syracusefan.com

Jason Hart to Kentucky as assistant coach

Damn, this stinks. Jason Hart was the guy I was hoping Syracuse would pursue. But I just assumed he was gonna try to get a mid major head coaching job at like Pepperdine or maybe HC job in the G League or assistant job in the NBA.

Good luck to him in his new role. I am glad Red went outside the family for his hires. We need new blood and fresh ideas.
I wanted to go outside the family for the same reasons, but the one alum I would have been excited to hire would have been Jason. After being an assistant at Pepperdine from for 2 years and then USC from 2013-21, I think he could have brought plenty of fresh ideas.

Good luck to him in his new role. I am glad Red went outside the family for his hires. We need new blood and fresh ideas.
ummm, Hart wouldnt have fresh ideas? He literally spent 4 years at Syracuse. Meanwhile, he spent 1 year at peperdine, 7 years as lead recruiter at USC, and 3 years as the head coach of the ignite before they folded due to NIL. He played in the NBA and overseas from 2000 - 2010. The majority of his time playing basketball and coaching is at places other than Syracuse. He wouldnt be new blood or have any fresh ideas? Thats a take I guess

I don’t get the idea that we need to have so many SUbplayers on the bench.
Jason Hart was seen as one of the top assistants in the country at USC before he went to become the head coach of the G League Ignite, which disbanded recently. Hart was a recruiting superstar at USC. Hopkins wanted to hire him at Washington, and if that had happened I think his tenure would have gone very differently there. He would have been a home run hire as an assistant at Syracuse. As the poster above points out, the entirety of Hart’s coaching career has been away from Syracuse, so this is not an in house hire at all. But his status as an Cuse alum could have helped to entice him here.

Sure, it would have been nice if Hart and Bland were hired by Syracuse, but why does every thread end up in some type of bashing. Just be happy for them and hope our staff is able to recruit and coach to reach success. And maybe if the circumstances are different, we know they both are former Orangemen waiting for a head coaching spot.

Jason Hart was seen as one of the top assistants in the country at USC before he went to become the head coach of the G League Ignite, which disbanded recently. Hart was a recruiting superstar at USC. Hopkins wanted to hire him at Washington, and if that had happened I think his tenure would have gone very differently there. He would have been a home run hire as an assistant at Syracuse. As the poster above points out, the entirety of Hart’s coaching career has been away from Syracuse, so this is not an in house hire at all. But his status as an Cuse alum could have helped to entice him here.
Superstar might be a bit of a stretch. How many championships and how many Mickey D's were there?

USC made the tournament 3 times in the 8 seasons Hart was an assistant at USC. He’s not Luke Murray.

ummm, Hart wouldnt have fresh ideas? He literally spent 4 years at Syracuse. Meanwhile, he spent 1 year at peperdine, 7 years as lead recruiter at USC, and 3 years as the head coach of the ignite before they folded due to NIL. He played in the NBA and overseas from 2000 - 2010. The majority of his time playing basketball and coaching is at places other than Syracuse. He wouldnt be new blood or have any fresh ideas? Thats a take I guess
So I probably was painting a bit broadly there. Fair enough. Most people want a Syracuse guy though because they have some fond memories of the player in the program and think it would be great emotionally to keep it in the family. All I was saying basically was we can get some new and creative approaches outside if we are open to them.

Jason is a good coach, but he has no recruiting ties to the areas we recruit. I think that says everything to we need to know why he isn’t at Syracuse.
That would definitely be my main concern with him also.

q

I wouldn't be so concerned. We have the East Coast already covered. If we want to be a top program, we need to recruit all 50 states.
That’s a waste of time and resources. If you notice, many portal guys are moving closer to home.

he was a defensive menace here in the backcourt . understands both ends of the court.

Anyone will have fresh ideas.

Doesn’t make him the right candidate because he balled here. Most of Syracuse’s professors aren’t Syracuse grads (and none of the football coaches are). Why do we continue to expect the men’s hoops team to need to be so different?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom