Jason Preston , Ohio U | Syracusefan.com

Jason Preston , Ohio U

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Very unique story.. dude was attending college in Florida as a regular student .. not playing bball .. and now he’s a potential NBA talent ..

Here’s an interview from earlier this year with Katz where they go into his story

That hair though...

{seriously would kill for a head of hair like that}

That hair though...

{seriously would kill for a head of hair like that}
You have photoshopped that hair on your head, haven’t you? If not, you should. We could start a new thread with everyone doing it. I’m really not as bored as it seems.

I watched him play a couple of games last week, including against Buffalo in the MAC Championship. He's got some pretty electric skills, as he can dribble by many defenders and can hit the jumper. He gets a bit out of control at times trying to do too much, and he's as skinny as they come. However, he's a "gamer" who could lead Ohio to an upset in the tournament. He truly has an interesting story, and he's a good example of how dynamic players are sometimes initially overlooked but develop over time.

How old is he? He was going to UCF then left to go to prep school? So his freshman year at Ohio was two years after high school or was he not at UCF a whole year?

I like that he sounds like he's a late bloomer. It just shows that you're not necessarily washed up if you haven't jumped to the league by the time you're 20.

I watched him play a couple of games last week, including against Buffalo in the MAC Championship. He's got some pretty electric skills, as he can dribble by many defenders and can hit the jumper. He gets a bit out of control at times trying to do too much, and he's as skinny as they come. However, he's a "gamer" who could lead Ohio to an upset in the tournament. He truly has an interesting story, and he's a good example of how dynamic players are sometimes initially overlooked but develop over time.
I saw him vs. Buffalo mid-season. That game, he showcased some of the best "floater" skills I have seen. Got into the lane almost at will, and finished time after time with soft floating releases.

Kid never started a game in high school. That is crazy.
Right!
That is what Andy should have asked him about.
Why didn't he play much?
We know he got bigger...but was he not as good in high school?
(And who was on his high school team that was so much better????)
We don't know because he wasn't asked.

He was really fun watching play against Illinois early this year...they almost took them down.
I watched that entire game and made a note watch out for Ohio, then completely forgot about them the next day lol.

I went to OU, the kid is a legend there and hope he continues in the NBA. Never expect him to be an All-Star, but he obviously has proven people wrong before.