jay will "I don't know if it was a foul" | Syracusefan.com

jay will "I don't know if it was a foul"

On Ennis' fast break when 2 guys mauled him and it couldn't be a more obvious foul.

Cut Jay a break. That motorcycle accident bumped his iq down from alsatian to poodle.

(Was that going too far?)

Did you see how it pained him so, when Greenberg pressed him into saying who he thought was the best team?? Wow, he said us, but looked super pissed, then followed with, "there I said it" and stared at him. Get both of those clowns off the espn set please!! Man, I swear I won't hate on everybody, but those two either piss me off or are complete alternatives for ambien...zzz

I think you guys are too sensitive when it comes to ESPN lol. Jay is fine, he likes Cuse, ofcourse they are gonna mention plays with under a minute to go that are questionable compared to 5 minutes remaining. That fast break by Ennis was nearly an offensive foul, and more chances than not, it would have been on the road. But a great play by him nonetheless. And Zanna swatted the crap out of him. Still a great sequence though

Greenburg's right, Florida could very well be the best team in the country, but right now there isn't a single team that sets themselves apart from everyone else by a real margin. Although I would say we are just ahead of the rest. Florida could easily be the deepest team in the country with the best offense/defensive capabilities.

Jay Bilas said he believes Michigan State being healthy is the best team, but right now, nobody is the true unanimous best. He did say though, "The one thing that sets Syracuse apart, is they know how to finish games and outplay their opponents in every category when the game is on the line, just not for the whole 40 minutes"

If we want to be the best team in the country all year, we need to stop giving up so many offensive rebounds. Clemson and ND had 13 offensive boards on us, Duke had 18, Pitt had 18 and 16 offensive boards I believe in the two games. If we give up a few lesss offensive boards a game, we wouldn't have to have these miraculous finishes to games. And a lot of those offensive boards should be fouls on other teams I've noticed, but a lot of them are from our players not bothering to box out, or jump for the ball.

Jay Williams@RealJayWilliams
Tyler Ennis is straight up real!!! Wow. #GameWinner @ESPNCBB
about an hour ago

Last edited:
Well wonder if the media will find a new thing to harp on and drop the "SU hasn't beaten anyone on the road" crud some have been constantly spewing.

I think you guys are too sensitive when it comes to ESPN lol. Jay is fine, he likes Cuse, ofcourse they are gonna mention plays with under a minute to go that are questionable compared to 5 minutes remaining. That fast break by Ennis was nearly an offensive foul, and more chances than not, it would have been on the road. But a great play by him nonetheless. And Zanna swatted the crap out of him. Still a great sequence though

Greenburg's right, Florida could very well be the best team in the country, but right now there isn't a single team that sets themselves apart from everyone else by a real margin. Although I would say we are just ahead of the rest. Florida could easily be the deepest team in the country with the best offense/defensive capabilities.

Jay Bilas said he believes Michigan State being healthy is the best team, but right now, nobody is the true unanimous best. He did say though, "The one thing that sets Syracuse apart, is they know how to finish games and outplay their opponents in every category when the game is on the line, just not for the whole 40 minutes"

If we want to be the best team in the country all year, we need to stop giving up so many offensive rebounds. Clemson and ND had 13 offensive boards on us, Duke had 18, Pitt had 18 and 16 offensive boards I believe in the two games. If we give up a few lesss offensive boards a game, we wouldn't have to have these miraculous finishes to games. And a lot of those offensive boards should be fouls on other teams I've noticed, but a lot of them are from our players not bothering to box out, or jump for the ball.

about an hour ago

Worst post of the night? Easily.

I'd say Syracuse has set itself apart pretty well by WINNING. Good god. Are you kidding?

Worst post of the night? Easily.

I'd say Syracuse has set itself apart pretty well by WINNING. Good god. Are you kidding?
Well then Wichita St would be tied with us as #1. Are YOU kidding? I'm simply saying, everyone thinks every single down comment on us is blasphemy, and you proved it just now. Thanks. People are way too uptight seriously. One negative comment and two positive comments from ESPN and you guys cry like children saying they don't give us respect. I've heard more positive things than negative from ESPN and CBS etc. But you people only seem to hear the negatives. Clean your damn ears out and grab a tissue.

Mine as well hand us an Wichita St half the trophy each now. It's like Jimmy said this morning, we could have easily lost 7 games by now.

I honestly think the ONLY problem our team has is giving up so many offensive rebounds. If we cut down on that, like I've been saying for a couple months now, we win double digits every night no matter who it is against.

The problem with ESPN's people is they approach all things about Syracuse from a negative perspective. All talk about Syracuse is what they can't do, what they don't have, when and how they will lose. It is a swarm of negativity. The show host tonight says "Syracuse is going to get a chance to prove they are the best over the next few weeks." SERIOUSLY? 24-0 didn't do that?? What guys?

The problem with ESPN's people is they approach all things about Syracuse from a negative perspective. All talk about Syracuse is what they can't do, what they don't have, when and how they will lose. It is a swarm of negativity. The show host tonight says "Syracuse is going to get a chance to prove they are the best over the next few weeks." SERIOUSLY? 24-0 didn't do that?? What guys?

I want to give that sooooo many damn likes. Hammer, meet nail.

HoustonCuse said:

Exactly. Can you imagine if duke was undefeated playing our schedule? They'd be crowning their asses!

Greenberg was very complimentary to JB. May have even said best coach in the country at the end of games.

Reactions: cto
Well then Wichita St would be tied with us as #1. Are YOU kidding? I'm simply saying, everyone thinks every single down comment on us is blasphemy, and you proved it just now. Thanks. People are way too uptight seriously. One negative comment and two positive comments from ESPN and you guys cry like children.

Mine as well hand us an Wichita St half the trophy each now. It's like Jimmy said this morning, we could have easily lost 7 games by now.

I honestly think the ONLY problem our team has is giving up so many offensive rebounds. If we cut down on that, like I've been saying for a couple months now, we win double digits every night no matter who it is against.

Hey guess what, you accidentally found a Syracuse basketball message board. We're fans of Syracuse here. We think being 24-0 and ranked #1 is pretty cool.

Considering nobody else has to play against Duke, Pitt, Virginia, Florida St, Maryland on the road, Yes, we still have much to prove. Tonight proved A LOT though.

Even a fool knows we are going to prove more over the next few weeks than the last 3 months. Look at the schedule.

Hey guess what, you accidentally found a Syracuse basketball message board. We're fans of Syracuse here. We think being 24-0 and ranked #1 is pretty cool.
No sherlock. So do I. But you guys are crying over every single negative comment. If it's so cool to be ranked #1 why isn't it cool when people have something to say for or against it?

FACE IT PEOPLE. WE ARE THE HEADLINE.

If you can't take criticism, your not going to make it very far outside your house. You definitely shouldn't watch sports either. We are not Duke or North Carolina. ESPN isn't gonna get on their knees for us every chance they get. You may want them to, but I don't.

Last edited:
The problem with ESPN's people is they approach all things about Syracuse from a negative perspective. SERIOUSLY? 24-0 didn't do that?? What guys?

Bump We want Simpkins!!! Thets turn him into a star!
Cuse is about swag always will be.
We get boring lecture treatment, JB is a great coach but the players don't deserve that.

To be fair, Robinson (I think it was him) should have easily drawn a charge there. He had his feet set by a mile and just leaned out of the way at the last second for no reason. I couldn't believe it.

Well then Wichita St would be tied with us as #1. Are YOU kidding? I'm simply saying, everyone thinks every single down comment on us is blasphemy, and you proved it just now. Thanks. People are way too uptight seriously. One negative comment and two positive comments from ESPN and you guys cry like children saying they don't give us respect. I've heard more positive things than negative from ESPN and CBS etc. But you people only seem to hear the negatives. Clean your damn ears out and grab a tissue.

Here's where you went left. It's called a pattern. This thread was started because this has become common place for him. Jay Will is a clown who can't help himself. I will give him credit whenever he earns it, but simply the thoughts after that, which I commented on after starting this thread was very apparent. If you can't see that, oh well...

about an hour ago

I hear you but all these other teams have warts as well you know the kind that have cost them games. While we have found ways to win no matter what so far. We did win all those games right? Teams basically play desperation tactics to beat us. That is their strategy toss up deep threes and send everyone after the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom