JB and Roberson

Discussion in 'Syracuse Basketball Board' started by Cuse House, Jan 10, 2017.

1. br801

br801 Hall of Fame

I like "our guys all leave too early, can't wait to see their careers fizzle" too.

2. orangecuse

orangecuse All Conference

Well, he's a senior, who has had significant playing time throughout...so, I think there's enough data out there to suggest that he is what he is. :noidea:

two3zone likes this.
  3. two3zone

two3zone Hall of Fame

The 20 rebound game against Duke is starting to sound like Al Bundys 4 touchdowns in a single game.

4. NineOneSeven

NineOneSeven Living Legend

There around 25-30 players in the entire country that average 10+ rebounds a night. Many of them don't play in P5 conferences. Every player averages more MPG, some significantly more (as in over 50% more minutes). He's had 10 boards in 3 of the last 4 games.

Doc5120 and tbonezone like this.
  5. Cusefan0307

Cusefan0307 2017 Iggy Winner

Cooney is gone. Something had to replace all those threads. :p

pfister1 and CuseFaninVT like this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Living Legend

Eh, my view is the same as with Christmas. You got guys whose energy level seems to ebb and flow, get them engaged offensively. Post him up, even if the results are god-awful, it's one possession of suck, and hopefully he's locked in because of it. The whole yelling at him bit seems equally effective as it was for Xmas years 1 through 3.

If the kid legit doesn't have one low post by now, well, shame on the coaches.

7. tbonezone

tbonezone Hall of Fame

roberson's been in the top 10 ten in ACC rebounding 2 straight years. that's no fluke . dude can board.

two3zone and Doc5120 like this.
  8. Jasoncuse

Jasoncuse All Conference

I don't really care about JB vs Robey last night. That's how he tries getting to him, right or wrong. When was that clip from, right after he came in and committed an unnecessary and just dumb charge? I don't think robey came in ready like the last couple of games so if a JB felt that way, he was letting him know.

I'm more disgusted with how pathetic our offense is. Just standing around and dribbling, with constant ball screens and nothing else. That's what lost us the game last night.

9. Alsacs

Alsacs Living Legend

Cooney got killed by fans. Roberson gets defended by fans for JB killing the guy.

two3zone likes this.
  10. Cusefan0307

Cusefan0307 2017 Iggy Winner

On this team there really isn't anyone who's above JB's criticism thought. Last year G and Cooney never got roasted. If you rewatch the game on the sideline JB roasted everyone last night. He got Lydon after he picked up his second and Gillon at the end with about a minute to go after he attempted an awful shot. I think Roberson is pointed out because ESPN was right in their face when it happened.

JDubbin, orangedave, MSOrange and 2 others like this.
  11. Ghost

Ghost Living Legend

That was one of the times, but not the one ppl are discussing. That was a crap call anyway, Roberson went around, and passed to the corner for an open shot - it was a block, the defender had to readjust to remain in his path and flop.

OrangeDW and NineOneSeven like this.
  12. IthacaMatt

IthacaMatt Hall of Fame

He averaged 8 and 8 last year. That's a quality player who can contribute. That's not based on 1 game.

Ghost, MSOrange and two3zone like this.
  13. cuseinseattle

cuseinseattle All Conference

The reality is Roberson isn't the problem. He just is not capable of contributing large amounts of offense and is an easy target. He plays hard and for the most part plays good defense and rebounds just fine. The fact we have 4 offensive players on the floor with him and he is still in the middle of every set for some reason escapes me. When he is not in there the defense of our forwards is awful. We have some of the worst point guard play in the entire country. I love JB but how you could watch last nights game and when picking someone to be mad at pick Robey is absolutely beyond me. Honestly after watching the Pitt game and then watching last night I wondered if Gillon had the flu or something. I'm just at a complete loss. I don't even know what to say anymore. I told my wife last night I don't know what this is I'm watching. I hate this team. She responded, so does this mean you are going to be in a bad mood until April when baseball starts. I told her we are going to suck next year and then JB retires and then we are going to be even worse. I may be in a bad mood for the next decade.

14. cliftonparksufan

cliftonparksufan Iggy Award Magistrate

Some Cuse fans can't fathom how spoiled we have been. A lot could happen post JAB era and it could possibly be no one's fault.

I have to admit that I haven't read this entire thread but I am surprised how many pages it is. No question that JAB is frustrated. How can you explain last night's debacle where we played horrendous after two great outings. If he is yelling at Robie just because he is used to yelling at Robie then so be it. Both Gillon and Lydon had sub par games and we can't afford that. Thompson is a sieve on defense at this point but we needed him for his offense last night. As bad as we played we were one made basket away from this being a one possession game. We can't afford many games like this but unfortunately it's reality.

SoBeCuse and two3zone like this.
  15. kirbivore

kirbivore All American

At the senior day ceremony Roberson should give JB the double bird.

Cuse House likes this.