JB can still Coach | Syracusefan.com

JB can still Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice post. I was going to write a similar post tonight, but no need to repeat yours. Despite COVID issues, kids missing practices, practices cancelled, kids not in game shape, no real center and new kids just learning the zone, Coach has done a remarkable job this year...vs. a lot of adversity. I was a nay-sayer after one particular loss and am happy to “eat crow”. IMHO, Jim has done a great coaching job this trying year...getting his kids healthy and gelling the team. Kudos, JB.

Last edited:
nice post. I was going to write a similar post tonight, but no need to repeat yours. Despite COVID issues, kids missing practices, practices cancelled, kids not in game shape, and new kids just learning the zone, Coach has done a remarkable job this year...vs. a lot of adversity. I was a nay-sayer after one particular loss and am happy to “eat crow”. IMHO, Jim has done a great coaching job this trying year...getting his kids healthy and gelling the team. Kudos, JB.
Cuserunner burner acct?

Lol

Oh how times have changed.

Years back we’d see this thread after beating Michigan State, Indiana, maybe Nova or Kansas.

Now?

Clemson.

I will not take anything from these players, their perseverance and heart is undeniable. We have some very talented pieces.

But to use this as a celebration of JB’s coaching? Spare me.

What? All he’s done is what the board had been begging for 25 games. If anything he’s very slow on the uptake
There is more to coaching than a rotation, you realize?

You have to, ya know, help guys get better... which they seem to be.

Seems like just yesterday we were down 20 to ND and getting dunked on by Georgia tech!

Lol

Oh how times have changed.

Years back we’d see this thread after beating Michigan State, Indiana, maybe Nova or Kansas.

Now?

Clemson.

I will not take anything from these players, their perseverance and heart is undeniable. We have some very talented pieces.

But to use this as a celebration of JB’s coaching? Spare me.
UNC is among the bluest of blue bloods if you want to go by heritage. Clemson is one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the ACC if you want to go with recency bias. I have seen this team labeled as among the worst in 45 years. I have seen and agreed that from a pure talent perspective this is among JB’s least gifted. And we’re disappointed by a 16-8 record. There are fans of a lot of programs that would be thrilled to be this disappointed.

nice post. I was going to write a similar post tonight, but no need to repeat yours. Despite COVID issues, kids missing practices, practices cancelled, kids not in game shape, no real center and new kids just learning the zone, Coach has done a remarkable job this year...vs. a lot of adversity. I was a nay-sayer after one particular loss and am happy to “eat crow”. IMHO, Jim has done a great coaching job this trying year...getting his kids healthy and gelling the team. Kudos, JB.
"Wait, why is this post in italics?" -everyone

UNC is among the bluest of blue bloods if you want to go by heritage. Clemson is one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the ACC if you want to go with recency bias. I have seen this team labeled as among the worst in 45 years. I have seen and agreed that from a pure talent perspective this is among JB’s least gifted. And we’re disappointed by a 16-8 record. There are fans of a lot of programs that would be thrilled to be this disappointed.
Clemson’s not been a top 3 ACC team. They’re somewhere with VTech and NC State well below UNC, Duke, UVA, FSU and UL.

People are upset because they think this team’s held back by Jb’s stubbornness and refusal to change. Imo its not the players, its the coach. It shows in his minutes distribution, his lashing out at the media and fans, and even at his own individual players.

I’m happy the players turned the season around, similar to where last year ended, and Kadary’s finally been given a chance to take the reigns. 16-8 is to the players credit.

Clemson’s not been a top 3 ACC team. They’re somewhere with VTech and NC State well below UNC, Duke, UVA, FSU and UL.

People are upset because they think this team’s held back by Jb’s stubbornness and refusal to change. Imo its not the players, its the coach. It shows in his minutes distribution, his lashing out at the media and fans, and even at his own individual players.

I’m happy the players turned the season around, similar to where last year ended, and Kadary’s finally been given a chance to take the reigns. 16-8 is to the players credit.
Lol... you ppl have lost your damn minds with your hatred of JB.

Who’s coaching the team on winning games these days, in your mind? two3zone? southie Al? Call-in guy Pat? Matt Gutierrez?

We are SU. Nobody i know and ive been a fan since 66 is satisfied unless we make the dance. Team has shown grit which is a credit to Jim and the staff. Its unfortunate that Sid hasn't been able to play as he would have made a huge difference. Kadary should have played significantly more. Edwards and Bras as well. Lets hope the guys have 2 more wins in them.

I’m going by NET ratings, not conferences standings in a year where schedules have been so disparate. And I struggle to believe otherwise rational and well informed fans actually believe JB is so stubborn that he would rather lose games than change. You really think the players turned the season around despite the coach’s best efforts to sabotage them?

Lol... you ppl have lost your damn minds with your hatred of JB.

Who’s coaching the team on winning games these days, in your mind? two3zone? southie Al? Call-in guy Pat? Matt Gutierrez?
Same guy whos coaching when we get blown out by a half blind Pittsburgh team.

I’m not going to list the reasons why this thread’s asinine. They’re beaten to death weekly.

Same guy whos coaching when we get blown out by a half blind Pittsburgh team.
Ohh!! Only if southie Al & the gang was our coaching staff, ya know? We’d be undefeated every year.

What? All he’s done is what the board had been begging for 25 games. If anything he’s very slow on the uptake
So he finally listened to the board? Any more tips? If you haven’t figured it out he does things his way.

This is just too funny. There is legitimate reason to be critical of JB and his coaching/recruiting the past few years and when anyone does its like your not a Syracuse fan. Of course the guy can still coach! He's a fricken legend and these kids and the staff deserve a ton of credit for playing through a difficult season...it still doesn't mean JB is above criticism. Hes basically been doing what almost EVERYONE on this board has been begging for most of the season and it seems to be working yet he just keeps making digs at the media for pointing this stuff out. Ex players even saying the same stuff. Being loyal to JB is fine and I love the guy but he still has been a bit off this year. With that said, we are playing good ball right now and he has figured out the rotation (finally!!! Probablyfrom reading this board lol) that works the best and we have a legitimate chance at the big dance again. Guy doesn't have a losing season still...impressive! But these posts are meh.

15-8. But yeah.

I’m going by NET ratings, not conferences standings in a year where schedules have been so disparate. And I struggle to believe otherwise rational and well informed fans actually believe JB is so stubborn that he would rather lose games than change. You really think the players turned the season around despite the coach’s best efforts to sabotage them?
Come on, I’d never say he’s purposely losing games or would rather make a point than win.

I think JB decided early on Joe was the best start at PG to spread the floor and hit shots. Joe’s had a tough sophomore year and I think JB stuck to that decision instead of allowing Kadary to take the role. This imo cost us wins.

JB’s not fixed the center position in years. He’s chosen to rely on Marek to stay out of foul trouble which gives us no real post presence (hurts floor spacing on O) and seriously hurts our ability to board. He said Jesse’s not ready for PT. Jesse proved otherwise against UNC. This inflexibility at the 5, that’s been accepted for years, has cost us games.

These aren’t outlandish accusations. I will admit, aside from the points above, his continued media antics and bashings are snowballing resentment.

Come on, I’d never say he’s purposely losing games or would rather make a point than win.

I think JB decided early on Joe was the best start at PG to spread the floor and hit shots. Joe’s had a tough sophomore year and I think JB stuck to that decision instead of allowing Kadary to take the role. This imo cost us wins.

JB’s not fixed the center position in years. He’s chosen to rely on Marek to stay out of foul trouble which gives us no real post presence (hurts floor spacing on O) and seriously hurts our ability to board. He said Jesse’s not ready for PT. Jesse proved otherwise against UNC. This inflexibility at the 5, that’s been accepted for years, has cost us games.

These aren’t outlandish accusations. I will admit, aside from the points above, his continued media antics and bashings are snowballing resentment.
Peace.
I think early on Joe probably was the best choice at PG. All that early practice time we lost not only hurt Kadary’s development and opportunity to mesh with the other front line players, but also impeded the staff’s ability to truly evaluate him. And I know the old adage is that it’s not who starts the games but who finishes them, but JB has an annoying tendency to not change his starting lineup even when it’s clear that even he sees it’s not necessarily the best lineup. He did that with Rak and Fab - starting them and pulling them at the first dead ball. And he kept Waiters on the bench to start games his entire career.

I think he gets Uber sensitive when players are criticized in the community like Joe has been this year. BTW, Joe had an excellent floor game tonight. Maybe JB was a Delta house brother:

Jesse’s quick foul trouble today suggests he’s not ready for PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors