JB can still Coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB can still Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to laugh at posts like this. Of course JB is a great coach but on a forum/discussion board fans can question his coaching decisions, strategies and recruiting. At the end of the day we are just fans but we all want to win. If being a bubble team year after year is what you are looking for as a fan then I guess he is doing a good job this year and right on track. I agree the team has played much better lately and JB has been coaching them up (despite occasionally throwing some players under the bus after losses). What I feel (and I'm 6'3" and played a little college ball but maybe I don't qualify either) is that what has turned this season around has been the increased PT that Richmond has earned. The kid is a game changer. It baffles my mind how most fans and more importantly every ESPN announcer have been calling for this kid to play more since earlier in the season but coach has made every excuse to why he didn't play more until this recent run. And then he calls out reporters for suggesting he needs to make this change. How many more games would we of won if Richmond played 20-30 minutes a game all season? I guess we will never know but being a bubble team and on the outdie looking in right now is not a great coaching job and not what is expected at SU. Hopefully we can make a run in the ACC and sneak into the big dance. Go SU!

Wonder if we see Woody at all during the ACCT. ive noticed in years past, some utility pieces get some spurts of quick play in tournament time.

UNC is among the bluest of blue bloods if you want to go by heritage. Clemson is one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the ACC if you want to go with recency bias. I have seen this team labeled as among the worst in 45 years. I have seen and agreed that from a pure talent perspective this is among JB’s least gifted. And we’re disappointed by a 16-8 record. There are fans of a lot of programs that would be thrilled to be this disappointed.
Was this supposed to be posted on the football board?

Question for CTO or others who really know him. Why does he make these comments? Does he realize that he embarrasses himself, the team and the University?
I'm not sure that he really cares.

People will have a field day with this one.

But yes... some things just better off not said, clearly. I know it's tough, as someone who is quite blunt at times. But I am also just a dumb nobody, not a high profile name.
Yea theres quite a few already running with it...there's tons more but I figured that was enough. Outside of Syracuse Fandom he has a so/so reputation...almost completely because of his H0T Takes. He obviously doesn't care.

Yea theres quite a few already running with it...there's tons more but I figured that was enough. Outside of Syracuse Fandom he has a so/so reputation...almost completely because of his H0T Takes. He obviously doesn't care.
Yeah I probably would not either, I surmise. These days (well it's been a few years now, I guess) are different than how many were during his coaching tenure. Twitter etc... doesn't take much to suddenly be plastered all over, context be damned (not suggesting context matters a whole lot in this specific instance).

People will have a field day with this one.

But yes... some things just better off not said, clearly. I know it's tough, as someone who is quite blunt at times. But I am also just a dumb nobody, not a high profile name.
That blue check gives JB cover. He isn’t talking about a woman so to even bring gender into the discussion nullifies whatever point she is trying to make.

JB was taking a shot at somebody who gets under skin. Gender had no business being referenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom