JB coming up on ESPN's bracketology... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB coming up on ESPN's bracketology...

I'm trying to envision this interview w/ Donna or Mike Waters asking the questions.
This is the thing that most upsets me about Boeheim. He was asked two of the exact same questions in the ESPN interview as during the SU press conference. He had sarcastic flip answers during the presses about whether he thought they would be in the tourney and the players reaction. The ESPN interview he says ' I thought we'd barely get it' and ' a couple of the players were crying' etc

Well, if Tyler was one of them, he can do something about that by coming back.

Yes, and it would be interesting to know who cried. Being the Post Standard reads this board and writes some of their stuff based on it, maybe they will see my request and help us out. Possibly they could show some video interviews that will help us see who was the most upset?

"Went out and played teams?" They got rolled by Wisconsin and South Carolina (both have slid) and got crushed by StJ.

That was early, when the team hadnt come together yet, and JB hadnt found the best line up.

I'm guessing John Gillon, Taurean Thompson and that's about it.

With this group I'm shocked anyone did. Maybe DC
There's no one who feels worse than Gillon and White. They transferred here solely for the opportunity to be in the Tournament which probably seemed to them like a foregone conclusion when they committed. Hell, if Gillon had stayed put at Colorado State he may have been enough to put CSU over the hump and be dancing. It's not a good look for two transfers to regret transferring to your program.

There's no one who feels worse than Gillon and White. They transferred here solely for the opportunity to be in the Tournament which probably seemed to them like a foregone conclusion when they committed. Hell, if Gillon had stayed put at Colorado State he may have been enough to put CSU over the hump and be dancing. It's not a good look for two transfers to regret transferring to your program.
Well, we don't know if they "regret" transferring to the program. Disappointed, obviously- but regret?

I'm guessing John Gillon, Taurean Thompson and that's about it.

Taurean didnt seem to get too moved up or down on the court after great or horrible plays. For the most part, to me, he seemed very emotionally balanced for a freshman! Gillon I strongly suspect is correct though.

Taurean didnt seem to get too moved up or down on the court after great or horrible plays. For the most part, to me, he seemed very emotionally balanced for a freshman! Gillon I strongly suspect is correct though.

Thompson definitely had fire to him but his natural demeanor is a lot more cool headed/slowed down (more mellow not slow as in intelligence).

I think there were many times throughout this year you could tell that this was a kid who cared and provided needed spark.

Thompson definitely had fire to him but his natural demeanor is a lot more cool headed/slowed down (more mellow not slow as in intelligence).

I think there were many times throughout this year you could tell that this was a kid who cared and provided needed spark.

I agree that he had fire in him, and drive, etc. But like you said, he seemed level after great plays(ran down the court without showing any reaction), and also the same with most bad plays. At least that is what I noticed abou him.

Really feel bad for Gillon/White.

Something is holding back our PG play. I'm convinced of it. PnR here has become a problem. Even Ennis was stymied most of the 2H of that season. Not that he was THAT good but still. Average PGs are functioning fine elsewhere. I don't think the staff is coaching up the execution and/or have implemeted the proper counters to good ball screen defense. We don't have the right guys setting screens, using, or executing screens as well.

Last edited:
I agree that he had fire in him, and drive, etc. But like you said, he seemed level after great plays(ran down the court without showing any reaction), and also the same with most bad plays. At least that is what I noticed abou him.

The irrational part of me hopes he cried like a psycho and will spend the offseason carving himself in the mold of a Rick Jackson/CJ Fair cyborg.

I'd be shocked if Lydon cried. It would be more emotion than he has shown on the court all year.
I watched a Facebook Live feed of the SU locker room following the ACCT loss to Miami. Ditota approached Lydon for an interview & he said something like "I need a few minutes" & then put his head in his hands, staring at the floor for like 2 minutes straight. You could see him in the background as the camera panned around, he didn't move. I also read a DO article abt how he struggled to control his anger in practice & used to chuck balls at the stancheon or punt them into the stands out of frustration. He said he's made a concerted effort to be more even-keeled.

Long story short, the kid cares a lot & takes losses VERY hard.

Meanwhile Trueblue's...

E8y48_s-200x150.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom