JB coming up on ESPN's bracketology... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB coming up on ESPN's bracketology...

I'm guessing John Gillon, Taurean Thompson and that's about it.

Gillon for sure. It wouldn't be shocking if Moyer got emotional. Yes, I know he is a redshirt but that kid is so passionate about Syracuse. He also tweeted after the Georgia Tech game that he couldn't believe he'd be playing in our next Dome game. Nope.

Gillon for sure. It wouldn't be shocking if Moyer got emotional. Yes, I know he is a redshirt but that kid is so passionate about Syracuse. He also tweeted after the Georgia Tech game that he couldn't believe he'd be believe he'd be playing in our next Dome game. Nope.

Love that kid already.

I also read a DO article abt how he struggled to control his anger in practice & used to chuck balls at the stancheon or punt them into the stands out of frustration. He said he's made a concerted effort to be more even-keeled.

Long story short, the kid cares a lot & takes losses VERY hard.

Maybe he could also become another Syracuse 2 sport guy, and try out for the punt kicker position on the football team. ;)

Gillon for sure. It wouldn't be shocking if Moyer got emotional. Yes, I know he is a redshirt but that kid is so passionate about Syracuse. He also tweeted after the Georgia Tech game that he couldn't believe he'd be believe he'd be playing in our next Dome game. Nope.
If Pasqualoni was coach he probably would be :rolleyes:

#FreeMorant

I loved Morant, imagine him in Dino's system, probably breaks every NCAA receiving record.
The optimist in me is hoping Custis can be a poor man's Morant. Not as much speed/deep threat ability but similar size/builds &, hopefully, hands. Imagine Mo Jackson in the slot in Dino's offense.

The optimist in me is hoping Custis can be a poor man's Morant. Not as much speed/deep threat ability but similar size/builds &, hopefully, hands. Imagine Mo Jackson in the slot in Dino's offense.

This is why I really like Dino, I think legit athletic athletes and football players at skilled positions will drool over his offense and come here. If he can get that defense right I could see the football program being in the top 25 before our basketball team.

There's no one who feels worse than Gillon and White. They transferred here solely for the opportunity to be in the Tournament which probably seemed to them like a foregone conclusion when they committed. Hell, if Gillon had stayed put at Colorado State he may have been enough to put CSU over the hump and be dancing. It's not a good look for two transfers to regret transferring to your program.
Same thing happened to Louisville last year. (Someone may have already posted this but I haven't looked through all the posts. I'm still doing a lot of keening and ululating.)

JB is so good with ESPN. He seems to only dislike the local media haha.
Nothing against you personally, but why people are so surprised by this has never ceased to bemuse. Local media - PS and DO specifically - have been going out of their way to scrutinize and for the most part criticize the program and his leadership for decades (not talking about Mike or Donna.) To avoid homerism charges or to show off Newhouse education? Whatever. His resulting sarcasms - during pressers nobody but us fans and reporters watch - are often deemed unwarranted, snide, mean, etc. But appearing nationally he's always genuine and cordial and funny - like even in today's tough circumstance. That he knows the time and place for his behavior and comments should hardly be surprising. But he clearly has learned from most recent history despite his criticism of the teacher. The Greensboro/ACCT and the "I don't give a ..." comments were tremendous ;)

Nothing against you personally, but why people are so surprised by this has never ceased to bemuse. Local media - PS and DO specifically - have been going out of their way to scrutinize and for the most part criticize the program and his leadership for decades (not talking about Mike or Donna.) To avoid homerism charges or to show off Newhouse education? Whatever. His resulting sarcasms - during pressers nobody but us fans and reporters watch - are often deemed unwarranted, snide, mean, etc. But appearing nationally he's always genuine and cordial and funny - like even in today's tough circumstance. That he knows the time and place for his behavior and comments should hardly be surprising. But he clearly has learned from most recent history despite his criticism of the teacher. The Greensboro/ACCT and the "I don't give a ..." comments were tremendous ;)
Not surprised by it at all, I think it's kind of funny. The only thing I ever criticize in his pressers is when he blatantly throws one of his own under the bus ala Tyler Roberson.

Not surprised by it at all, I think it's kind of funny. The only thing I ever criticize in his pressers is when he blatantly throws one of his own under the bus ala Tyler Roberson.
Yeah. Those are BAD.

Taurean didnt seem to get too moved up or down on the court after great or horrible plays. For the most part, to me, he seemed very emotionally balanced for a freshman! Gillon I strongly suspect is correct though.
Didn't TT get a technical for cursing a ref? And had a few more 'outbursts' that weren't called. He's got some 'fire' in him.

Didn't TT get a technical for cursing a ref? And had a few more 'outbursts' that weren't called. He's got some 'fire' in him.

It's possible, I agree with fire. I just pointed out he mostly looked to have very smooth emotions, especially for a freshman. If folks remember my posts, I have posted about things even like facial expressions on here, a few years back. I really liked his lack of reaction for the most part when they showed him running down the court.

I have it on authority that just as he was about to cry he stopped himself and gave the opportunity to another teammate

lol!!! What? How do you stop and hand off the opportunity like the teammate is some running back? ;)

Well, we don't know if they "regret" transferring to the program. Disappointed, obviously- but regret?
Yeah I bet AW3 and Gillon are harder on themselves than anyone. They don't regret it because they controlled it. It's not like we were 24-8 with a top 30 RPI and got left out. They both know we should have played better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom