JB has put himself in a precarious position.... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB has put himself in a precarious position....

Dior is a once in a generation talent and will bring other elite players with him.

none of the guys leaving will change the trajectory of the program. We weren’t gonna win 26 games next year even if we kept all 3 guards.

I’m shocked at the amount of people that think this is a massive blow. I liked all 3 kids, but even if all 3 stayed and JB was more generous with the minutes we probably only win an extra game or 2, if that.

Now maybe Goodine turns into a stud and we look like idiots; but the more likely scenario is he turns into a solid player elsewhere that we could have used, but wouldn’t be the difference between us being average and a championship level team
Not saying he isn't. But he's two years away from putting a Syracuse uniform on. Carey was hurt and goodine was a freshman. I can live with losing one losing both sucks. After a 14 loss season another double digit loss season next year would be tough to take.

I don't think the loss of any of these players is a game changer but it's never a good look to lose several players via transfer. We either have to step up the recruiting by landing guys that can contribute or JB has to do a better job of integrating and developing what he does recruit and stop playing guys 38-40 a night. The talent level at SU has dropped precipitously over the last couple of years. Our best guy is a transfer from East Carolina. What happened?

Not saying he isn't. But he's two years away from putting a Syracuse uniform on. Carey was hurt and goodine was a freshman. I can live with losing one losing both sucks. After a 14 loss season another double digit loss season next year would be tough to take.
I don’t wanna see that either. But I don’t think any of those guys staying take us from 14 losses down to 9 losses...that’s all I’m saying

I don’t wanna see that either. But I don’t think any of those guys staying take us from 14 losses down to 9 losses...that’s all I’m saying
Probably not but it gets the offseason off to a bad start. In offseason where we desperately could use some good news.

I’ve never really saw a Cuse team before 2013 or so it’s not like I know “the glory days” I enjoy this team for the most part in the present stays

It’s gonna be okay. And we actually can have belief WITH evidence when it comes to basketball. Go look at the recruiting forum for confirmation.

None of the three were going to be starters or get starter minutes. They all want that. That's why they left.

I wonder if they are assuming the transfer rule is about to change. JB has been predicting that.

Dior is a once in a generation talent and will bring other elite players with him.

none of the guys leaving will change the trajectory of the program. We weren’t gonna win 26 games next year even if we kept all 3 guards.

I’m shocked at the amount of people that think this is a massive blow. I liked all 3 kids, but even if all 3 stayed and JB was more generous with the minutes we probably only win an extra game or 2, if that.

Now maybe Goodine turns into a stud and we look like idiots; but the more likely scenario is he turns into a solid player elsewhere that we could have used, but wouldn’t be the difference between us being average and a championship level team
It might be the difference between a couple more wins and a handful more losses though.

But you were complaining about Boeheim when we were spending entire seasons in the top 10 and going to final fours.
Dude. How do you know that?! You keep a spreadsheet? : )
I'm kinda glad my memory sucks (or just doesn't attend to such things). It would make this place far more hellish if i actually remembered who said what from season to season.

I’ve never really saw a Cuse team before 2013 or so it’s not like I know “the glory days” I enjoy this team for the most part in the present stays
Watch the UConn 6OT game the talent we had that year was just top 25 talent and it was awesome to watch.

Team will be fine. All these JAGs are transferring. Some of these guys prob will become better and solid but let’s be real, we can find guys to replace their production for next year. I still have hope Elijah comes back. If he does, the entire starting 5 is back. Boeheim can figure out his 6 and 7 men b/c we only go 7 deep anyway.

Team will be fine. All these JAGs are transferring. Some of these guys prob will become better and solid but let’s be real, we can find guys to replace their production for next year. I still have hope Elijah comes back. If he does, the entire starting 5 is back. Boeheim can figure out his 6 and 7 men b/c we only go 7 deep anyway.
The Athletic article says we are likely losing
Goodine, Carey, Braswell, Washington to transfer
Hughes to pro basketball and may lose a walk-on but that doesn’t matter.

We were actually looking at full roster next year now we are looking at 9 or 10 scholarship players and have to fill the remaining 3 or 4.

Oh boy that gives off confidence.

BS. You talk as if defense doesn’t matter. It’s half the friggin game.

they were marginally better on D and awful on O. let’s stop with the BS perception that they were some lock down defenders.

Post Jb's resume anonymously for the last 10 years on paper and send it to the HOF committee and see if he gets in. dude has slipped big time. he was a top coach. he ain't no more. we don't sniff the top of the polls anymore. time to retire and live on those past glories before all we remember is the stale years of mediocrity . he don't need the money. move on old man ! let buddy play for a coach who'll actually push him to play his best and not give him the good son pass. if you want more W's just to pad your total then move south to some D1 mid major where you can still coach and golf and get some easy wins. you can be still be king of the court.,,,

the shuffleboard court !
Okay so it's a Sunday and I have a lot of time on my hands.

Coach X has a 68% winning percentage playing in the top conference in the country. He has accumulated 240 wins vs. 111 losses. That's obviously a yearly average of 24-11.1.

In those ten years, he has been to seven NCAA tournaments. That's somewhat misleading though because one of the tournaments was canceled due to a virus. The other tournament the team was on self-imposed probation.

So in eight eligible years, his teams have made the tournament seven times. They have gone to two Final Fours, one Sweet 16, and one Elite 8. So when he gets to the tournament, so in 57% of his tournament appearances, he gets to the second weekend. Nearly 30 percent of the time he makes it to the Final Four.

I would guess in a blind taste test that coach would certainly be looked at as an elite coach, and one who certainly would be considered a hall of fame worth coach.

In the years since probation, his teams have slipped a bit. Yet he still navigated those teams in the last five years to one Sweet 16, and one Final Four.

i want to win . if not i want to know that the program is heading that way in the near future. not sensing that.

edit. fine i'm gone. enjoy your happy place.

Attachments

• 1782943A-EBCD-46A7-B76B-F381237E090E.jpeg
    1782943A-EBCD-46A7-B76B-F381237E090E.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 122
Lets add up all the coaches that have had 40+ yrs of solid play with no slip ups at all. And do it at a school like SU which is even harder.

I dont think being top 6 in the ACC in any year is really a bad yr.. All it showed was that the team was not ready at the beginning with the pieces to play those types of games in the first month. Has we won ust 2 of those games the outlook on the season completely changes and 2 of those late losses came with the best player in the ACC not on the floor

Hopefully we can stop recruiting JAGs.

Lets add up all the coaches that have had 40+ yrs of solid play with no slip ups at all. And do it at a school like SU which is even harder.

I dont think being top 6 in the ACC in any year is really a bad yr.. All it showed was that the team was not ready at the beginning with the pieces to play those types of games in the first month. Has we won ust 2 of those games the outlook on the season completely changes and 2 of those late losses came with the best player in the ACC not on the floor

It's the direction in which we have been heading. Last year's team was horrific to watch. This year's team was more entertaining but didn't come close to sniffing the bubble.

Post Jb's resume anonymously for the last 10 years on paper and send it to the HOF committee and see if he gets in. dude has slipped big time. he was a top coach. he ain't no more. we don't sniff the top of the polls anymore. time to retire and live on those past glories before all we remember is the stale years of mediocrity . he don't need the money. move on old man ! let buddy play for a coach who'll actually push him to play his best and not give him the good son pass. if you want more W's just to pad your total then move south to some D1 mid major where you can still coach and golf and get some easy wins. you can be still be king of the court.,,,

the shuffleboard court !

His last 10 seasons include 2 Finals Fours, 3 Elite Eights and 4 Sweet 16s. Also, 4 seasons above .750 (2 of which were 30+ win seasons) and a regular season conference title in the toughest conference that year.

Not many coaches have better resumes in the last 10 seasons than that. Given the struggles the last few seasons, JB’s last 10 is pretty impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom