JB has really been coaching poorly lately | Syracusefan.com

JB has really been coaching poorly lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
It's amazing at how much rope he has given MCW. I'm amazed he lets him shoot outside of 2 feet from the hoop. JB has done a very poor job of coaching up his guards the last two games.

First time that I have even had the thought in my head that it may be time for him to go.

I don't want to see him go but I would like to see him make some attempt to change things up. It seems like he has said screw it and is going to sink or swim with the same defense and offensive attack.

It's amazing at how much rope he has given MCW. I'm amazed he lets him shoot outside of 2 feet from the hoop. JB has done a very poor job of coaching up his guards the last two games.

The real issue is we have no third guard.

I don't want to see him go but I would like to see him make some attempt to change things up. It seems like he has said screw it and is going to sink or swim with the same defense and offensive attack.

You can't suddenly change things when you don't have the pieces (players) to the make changes.

The only part of the game I enjoyed was when Cooney ignited our run ... he ignited the team and it was the best ball we've played in the past 2 games. His reward, sit from the bench and watch the 2 guys in front of you stink up the joint.

I'm pissed at Boeheim's protection of Triche and MCW ... try something different instead of tiring out your mediocre players.

Worst coaching this year I can ever remember.

not sure if it's poor coaching as much as a lack of coaching it seems as of late.
Cooney had a good stretch in the first half and I don't remember seeing him in at all in the second, if for nothing else to give Triche and MCW some rest.

some coaches demand respect and others might just accept respect.

another opponent has now dictated the tempo again. I give buzz credit as he pressed late in the game as he knew our guards would not man-up

he's on cruise control all season and screw the old standard line he was 34-3 last year. this ain't last year.

team I.Q. and team strength has to be near bottom not only in the big east,but in most major conferences

The real issue is we have no third guard.

We don't.

Cooney played fine in the first half though. So put him in during the second half - give the other two a rest, and let them regroup. They were just horrendous. It was just like UConn, they suddenly stopped getting the ball to CJ and started dominating the ball too much.

If Cooney is playing well, give him extra run. Same with Baye, today he was great, so you give him extra minutes.

Or at least call a timeout and tell them to get CJ involved in the again after ignoring him for five minutes while they were busy throwing passes to the crowd, getting their pockets picked, and shooting stupid threes.

He doesn't have any other options. Guards are slumping badly. Lets hope the team comes out of its funk with some regroup time before Saturday. Beat Louisville, we'll all feel better. Lose and then I'll officially face the reality that we're just not that great of a team.

JB has barely lost a Big East game the past 2 years. It's not him.

The thing is, he has played a zone defense his whole career and we have no offensive plays for a zone defense. This team makes the same mistakes every single game and it's very frustrating. None of these kids have any type of leash at all. The Georgetown game for example we started off the game hot and Dirty hit a deep deep 3 to put us up something like 14-4 early. We proceeded to jack up 8 threes (not just threes but deep threes) on our next 10 possessions and missed every single one. Not one player was benched or yelled at to stop jacking up bad shots. This team has not improved in one area throughout the season, they have regressed. So please don't bring up Jimmy B's overall record because we're talking about here and now. Right now, he is not making his players better or accountable and it's hurting the team.

He doesn't have any other options. Guards are slumping badly. Lets hope the team comes out of its funk with some regroup time before Saturday. Beat Louisville, we'll all feel better. Lose and then I'll officially face the reality that we're just not that great of a team.

JB has barely lost a Big East game the past 2 years. It's not him.
JB has lost 5 out his last 9 BE games, including 2 in the past 3 days. I hate to break it to you but last year ended about 11 months ago.

The thing is, he has played a zone defense his whole career and we have no offensive plays for a zone defense. This team makes the same mistakes every single game and it's very frustrating. None of these kids have any type of leash at all. The Georgetown game for example we started off the game hot and Dirty hit a deep deep 3 to put us up something like 14-4 early. We proceeded to jack up 8 threes (not just threes but deep threes) on our next 10 possessions and missed every single one. Not one player was benched or yelled at to stop jacking up bad shots. This team has not improved in one area throughout the season, they have regressed. So please don't bring up Jimmy B's overall record because we're talking about here and now. Right now, he is not making his players better or accountable and it's hurting the team.

913 wins.

How many you got?

Let's be clear. JB knows a lot. And you know almost nothing. Wouldn't you say that's a fair assessment?

JB has lost 5 out his last 9 BE games, including 2 in the past 3 days. I hate to break it to you but last year ended about 11 months ago.

Ok you're right. It's just him. He was a good coach 11 months ago but now he isn't.

JB's substitution patterns are head-scratching at times. Why no TC at all second half? I'm not saying put him in with 3 minutes left. Put him in at the ten minute mark, give him a few minutes, bring BT/MCW to the sideline, give them rest/coach them up, then put them back in. Marquette subbed a lot of guys in. Maybe if Triche/MCW had a minute to sit, they don't let Marq guards strip them? Who knows.

Our guards have been destroying this team, not sorely because of stats, but because of the same re-occurring mistakes. MCW caught in the air backward passes, BT jacking threes and fumbling the ball into defenders hands. These plays are becoming an extremely prevelant part of our offense and it's scary.

Oh, and CJ played the entire game and had 20 and 7 on 8-11 shooting. The guards are killing this team. There is no other way to put it.

Silly post.

Is he also reponsible for the temperature of the beer at the dome?

So the coach of a college basketball program should not be held responsible for the talent on that team?

The only part of the game I enjoyed was when Cooney ignited our run ... he ignited the team and it was the best ball we've played in the past 2 games. His reward, sit from the bench and watch the 2 guys in front of you stink up the joint.

I'm pissed at Boeheim's protection of Triche and MCW ... try something different instead of tiring out your mediocre players.

Worst coaching this year I can ever remember.

I gather that Bad coaching really means he didn't do what you want him to do?

So the coach of a college basketball program should not be held responsible for the talent on that team?

The coach does recruit the players. But not every player you recruit goes to your school. You eventually play with the players you have. And these players have strengths and weaknesses. And these players make mistakes.

SU actually outscored MU in the floor game. They won based on outstanding free throw shooting.

913 wins.

How many you got?

Let's be clear. JB knows a lot. And you know almost nothing. Wouldn't you say that's a fair assessment?
He's not coaching like he knows alot. The team reflects the coach.

There has never been any accountability,starting with The Lord and Taylor fiasco. Brandon was given the starting position four years ago and has never really earned the spot. His effort in the first half going in the backcourt to get a loose ball was sick. That's the difference between SU and teams like Pitt, UCONN, Marquette, Villanova & Louisville. We play like kids where they play like men. Dixon and Buzz must laugh at how soft we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.