JB has really been coaching poorly lately | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB has really been coaching poorly lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
BT played all-world tonight. You're right. Giving TC TWO (2) minutes, when we are leading, with plenty of time left, would be an absolute disaster. Might as well not even be on the team.

And these two minutes you are talking about, what would have been the value of that?

Do you know how tired BT or MCW were ... for sure? How do you know?

Are you suggesting that if they were less tired SU would have won?

Jeremy ... Boeheim is the SU coach. And he''s going to stay the SU coach.

Maybe you should shop around for another team to follow that has perfect coaches and perfect players. You'd be happier.

Townie no one said anything about JB not being the coach not sure who your responding to but it wasnt my post. Maybe you should open your eyes this team has one final four in 17 years who is looking for perfection?

The fact that neither starting guard went to the foul line, tells you how much our guards lack the ability to get into the paint and score.

That I think is the biggest issue. Some people are complaining about the Refs which I don't agree with. It wasn't the Refs, we didn't attack the basket like Marquette did. We continued like we have all year to settle for the outside shot. We never take it to the basket. The guards have especially struggled all year shooting the ball yet they continue to settle for the outside shot. They don't attack the basket aggressively enough to draw the fouls. The one game we did was Temple and MCW shot 50% from the line that day. The best way to get your shot going is to attack the basket, gain confidence, and knock down easy foul shots (that also hasn't been easy for either MCW or Triche this year). Triche hit I believe, 25 consecutive free throws at one point last year but this year is shooting with no confidence and at a clip of 74%.

He's not perfect.

But what are your qualifications?

Really? You have posted on this site more thn 1200 times and you pull that BS. My qualifications are that I am an intelligent person who doesn't blindly follow people. You are looking to place blame on those executing the plays but not the person who is supposed to be leading them.

And these two minutes you are talking about, what would have been the value of that?

Do you know how tired BT or MCW were ... for sure? How do you know?

Are you suggesting that if they were less tired SU would have won?

Duh.

We win by 25, Nolan Hart comes in and drops 30 footers on Vander black and Blue, and takes down the wild Snorlax downlow on Marquette with a Pokeball.

You're onto me.

Townie no one said anything about JB not being the coach not sure who your responding to but it wasnt my post. Maybe you should open your eyes this team has one final four in 17 years who is looking for perfection?

What are your expectations? What would have been a acceptable performance?

I notice you don't say anything about the number of 20+ win seasons. But that's all right.

How many Final Fours would have been acceptable to you.

"No harm?" That's a strong recommendation.

Cooney needs to be on the bench in tight games in the second half. He can't shoot. He has no handle. And he makes a lot of mistakes because he is inexperienced.

Can't shoot? No handle? Sounds like Triche and MCW. Don't trust the freshman because he may suck, but trust the 2 starters when they actually do suck.

Can't shoot? No handle? Sounds like Triche and MCW. Don't trust the freshman because he may suck, but trust the 2 starters when they actually do suck.

I have seen both BT and MCW play well under pressure at crunch time in games. So I know they can do it.

Cooney has been generally awful in every game he's been in. So there's no mystery there.

No thanks. I just wanted to be reassured given the quality of thought behind that post.
you should understand that my response given to that post would be what it was.

Duh.

We win by 25, Nolan Hart comes in and drops 30 footers on Vander black and Blue, and takes down the wild Snorlax downlow on Marquette with a Pokeball.

You're onto me.

I am afraid I am ... onto you that is. Your "two minutes" suggestion is silly.

I have seen both BT and MCW play well under pressure at crunch time in games. So I know they can do it.

Cooney has been generally awful in every game he's been in. So there's no mystery there.

When? Louisville? Siva handed us the game on a platter. Just because they have ability doesn't mean they should never sit on the bench. Show me something other than ability. The NBA is about to make a monumental mistake by drafting MCW based on ability alone. Ability doesnt get you s*it.

What are your expectations? What would have been a acceptable performance?

I notic,e you don't say anything about the number of 20+ win seasons. But that's all right.

How many Final Fours would have been acceptable to you.

You brought up perfection not me.

You cant blame the guards and the big men and lay zero responsibilty on JB. He brought those players in not you or me or any other poster here.

When? Louisville? Siva handed us the game on a platter. Just because they have ability doesn't mean they should never sit on the bench. Show me something other than ability. The NBA is about to make a monumental mistake by drafting MCW based on ability alone. Ability doesnt get you .

I don't see MCW being drafted at least not in early rounds. He's too weak. You don't draft Two Guard projects. That's what you do with seven footers. MCW will be back at SU next year.

Really? You have posted on this site more thn 1200 times and you pull that BS. My qualifications are that I am an intelligent person who doesn't blindly follow people. You are looking to place blame on those executing the plays but not the person who is supposed to be leading them.

What is the point of having a discussion forum if any question regarding coaching strategy is answered not only with "He's got over 900 wins, how many do you have? " (which is lazy enough) but then the idea of even questioning the guy is like a Catholic school kid being chastised for questioning how the trinity works.

What is the point of having a discussion forum if any question regarding coaching strategy is answered not only with "He's got over 900 wins, how many do you have? " (which is lazy enough) but then the idea of even questioning the guy is like a Catholic school kid being chastised for questioning how the trinity works.

I would think a discussion forum might have some actual thought on it and not a bunch of frustrated people blaming a loss on a Hall of Fame coach.

Coaching strategy? These guys are discussing coaching strategy? They are whining about Boehiem because we lost the game. They don't know why, so the easiest thing to do is to blame JB. Even though their knowledge of the game is pretty much based on what they just heard Bill Raftery say.

I don't see MCW being drafted at least not in early rounds. He's too weak. You don't draft Two Guard projects. That's what you do with seven footers. MCW will be back at SU next year.
wait college boy, how many rounds are there? excuse the lack of capitals i don't care about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.