JB has really been coaching poorly lately | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB has really been coaching poorly lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gather that Bad coaching really means he didn't do what you want him to do?

I don't remember saying that. So you think he's doing a great job? You think BT has been deserving of 38 minutes a game?

The coach does recruit the players. But not every player you recruit goes to your school. You eventually play with the players you have. And these players have strengths and weaknesses. And these players make mistakes.

SU actually outscored MU in the floor game. They won based on outstanding free throw shooting.

Understood but it is still his responsibility. It can't just be explained away. Also remind me what guard we heavily pursued and kissed out on. There may be one I just don't remember. Bottom line is as a fan watching a team that lacks depth at guard where we re suffering it s reasonable to place ownership on the coaches shoulders. Am I wrong?

He doesn't have the players that fit the system he runs except C.J. Fair

He's not coaching like he knows alot. The team reflects the coach.

Stop blaming JB.

This team just isn't that good. We are weak on the front line. Our guards are turnover prone. And our half court offense stalls and that's why we jack up all those threes. The reason our half court offense stalls is that we have little offense underneath. Keita? Christmas?

Stop blaming JB.

This team just isn't that good. We are weak on the front line. Our guards are turnover prone. And our half court offense stalls and that's why we jack up all those threes. The reason our half court offense stalls is that we have little offense underneath. Keita? Christmas?

That is the coaches responsibility. You cannot blame the talent level and offer immunity to the coaching staff. It's called accountability

Stop blaming JB.

None of that falls under coaching??? This team lacks many things, but talent really isn't one of them (based on HS rankings at least).

There has never been any accountability,starting with The Lord and Taylor fiasco. Brandon was given the starting position four years ago and has never really earned the spot. His effort in the first half going in the backcourt to get a loose ball was sick. That's the difference between SU and teams like Pitt, UCONN, Marquette, Villanova & Louisville. We play like kids where they play like men. Dixon and Buzz must laugh at how soft we are.

Yeah, that play was pretty sad. Loafing back to a loose ball just trying to shield the guy when he catches up.

Just run after the ball and grab it.

I don't remember saying that. So you think he's doing a great job? You think BT has been deserving of 38 minutes a game?

I think BT is not very good. He's all we have.

This crazy love affair with Cooney is braindead on the part of a handful of fans. Cooney gets in when the situation allows it. He's got a worse handle than Triche. He's an erratic shooter and he'd far less experienced. As bad as Triche has played, Cooney isn't close to being the answer.

913 wins.

How many you got?

Let's be clear. JB knows a lot. And you know almost nothing. Wouldn't you say that's a fair assessment?

Where did I say I had more victories or that i know more about basketball than him? I'll wait for you to point that out. While I wait I'll ask you why Im not allowed to question why the coach wont make the players more accountable? THE SAME MISTAKES ARE HAPPENING EVERY GAME!!! Nothing has changed. I watch basketball all year and teams continue to improve throughout the year, I don't see that from this team. We struggle with the same things every game. Every team is playing zone against us even if they never play zone because they know we can't execute against one. I love Syracuse basketball, never miss a game but I can honestly say I do not like this team. They have more talent then a lot of Syracuse teams of the past but they all played to the best of there abilities. I believe too many players on this team are more about themselves than the University. The team has no chemistry what so ever.

None of that falls under coaching??? This team lacks many things, but talent really isn't one of them (based on HS rankings at least).

Oh yes, lack of talent is exactly the problem. Sorry you can't see that.

Stop blaming JB.

We don't try going down low - posted up CJ once. Scored. Guards dominate the ball too much.

We're going to live or die with them hitting threes.

We do. He just doesn't play enough.

Player A
3P% - .298
FG% - .425
FT% - .743

Player B
3P% - .247
FG% - .322
FT% - .818

Player C
3P% - .283
FG% - .379
FT% - .744

Look at these numbers. What can you even say..

But no, let's not pass the ball into the post "because they haven't shown a post game!!!!", or feed CJ literally every possession. Gimme sum of dat instead!

We don't try going down low - posted up CJ once. Scored. Guards dominate the ball too much.

We're going to live or die with them hitting threes.

We don't go down low to Christmas or Keita (or Southerland when he is in there) because these guys rarely catch the ball and when they do they can't finish.

CJ is a threat but he's a swing guy, not a post player.

What you see is the guards jacking up three's and missing them. But you don't understand why that happens.

Look at these numbers. What can you even say..

But no, let's not pass the ball into the post "because they haven't shown a post game!!!!", or feed CJ literally every possession. Gimme sum of dat instead!

Coney plays sporadically and generally not at the important parts of any game. So his numbers are not comparable. This little exercise in numbers is a wast of time.

I don't want Cooney on the floor. He can't shoot. He has an awful handle and he makes even more mistakes under pressure than BT or MCW.

We don't go down low to Christmas or Keita (or Southerland when he is in there) because these guys rarely catch the ball and when they do they can't finish.

CJ is a threat but he's a swing guy, not a post player.

What you see is the guards jacking up three's and missing them. But you don't understand why that happens.

Our guards rarely hit threes. I guess we should keep trying it though.

It happens because they like to shoot threes. A lot.

We had a lead most of the game going into the lane to CJ, getting shots around the rim - then, BT and MCW take over from outside. Why, I don't really understand, the shots often happen very early in the shot clock so it's not that we ran the offense and no options were available. Can't use that excuse...sorry.

I think BT is not very good. He's all we have.

This crazy love affair with Cooney is braindead on the part of a handful of fans. Cooney gets in when the situation allows it. He's got a worse handle than Triche. He's an erratic shooter and he'd far less experienced. As bad as Triche has played, Cooney isn't close to being the answer.

He's not all we have ... that's where the misconception is. Cooney isn't going to get better on the bench and he was playing way better and more energetic then both guards today. If BT needs to be out there, then he needs to be instructed not to shoot from 20+ feet. His misses aren't even close. Paul Harris' jumper looked better. BT shooting a 3 pointer should count as a turnover. I'd rather see JS or CJ at the 2 right now ... it can't be worse than what we've been seeing and at least Grant would get PT.

Coney plays sporadically and generally not at the important parts of any game. So his numbers are not comparable. This little exercise in numbers is a wast of time.

I don't want Cooney on the floor. He can't shoot. He has an awful handle and he makes even more mistakes under pressure than BT or MCW.

You're completely missing the point. In case you missed it, TC had a couple of great drive and dishes. Those weren't important parts of the game though, you're right.

I'm not saying I want Trevor in with 2 minutes left. There is no harm to putting him in with 10 minutes left in the second half to rest your starting guards and coach them up on the sidelines. None.

Stop blaming JB.

LOL who do you think recruited those players?

LOL who do you think recruited those players?

Jeremy ... Boeheim is the SU coach. And he''s going to stay the SU coach.

Maybe you should shop around for another team to follow that has perfect coaches and perfect players. You'd be happier.

You're completely missing the point. In case you missed it, TC had a couple of great drive and dishes. Those weren't important parts of the game though, you're right.

I'm not saying I want Trevor in with 2 minutes left. There is no harm to putting him in with 10 minutes left in the second half to rest your starting guards and coach them up on the sidelines. None.

"No harm?" That's a strong recommendation.

Cooney needs to be on the bench in tight games in the second half. He can't shoot. He has no handle. And he makes a lot of mistakes because he is inexperienced.

Jeremy ... Boeheim is the SU coach. And he''s going to stay the SU coach.

Maybe you should shop around for another team to follow that has perfect coaches and perfect players. You'd be happier.

This idea that people cannot be critical of JB is asinine. Stop blindly defending his every move and recognize that he is a great coach but does make mistakes. Sometimes it is who gets what minutes, other times it is the makeup of the team. He is not perfect

Cooney needs to be on the bench in tight games in the second half. He can't shoot. He has no handle. And he makes a lot of mistakes because he is inexperienced.

BT played all-world tonight. You're right. Giving TC TWO (2) minutes, when we are leading, with plenty of time left, would be an absolute disaster. Might as well not even be on the team.

This idea that people cannot be critical of JB is asinine. Stop blindly defending his every move and recognize that he is a great coach but does make mistakes. Sometimes it is who gets what minutes, other times it is the makeup of the team. He is not perfect

He's not perfect.

But what are your qualifications?

thats a pile of shitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.