JB: I think we'll look to bring in someone else (another recruit)... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB: I think we'll look to bring in someone else (another recruit)...

I hate to say this because it's going to ruffle some feathers, but I took it as Frank is coming back.

I thought that too but some people who are very respected say they've heard it is a long shot that he will be back. Everything in JB's sub patterns and also what he has said in pressers gives me reason to think FH will be back.

Jimmy had a lot of compliments for Frank Howard in his presser. Said he was our best defensive player. Has the ability to make good plays but needs consistency because he has lapses where he makes bad plays. Sounded like Howard may be part of the picture next year. Unbelievable as that is.

Jimmy had a lot of compliments for Frank Howard in his presser. Said he was our best defensive player. Has the ability to make good plays but needs consistency because he has lapses where he makes bad plays. Sounded like Howard may be part of the picture next year. Unbelievable as that is.

If Howard is in the picture next year then that should be telling enough on where we are right now.

I think we will bring in a grad transfer, so I wouldn't worry about what he said. As far as worrying about the short and long term health of the program, that is a legit concern, because if JB does indeed leave after 1 more year we have a first time HC taking over a very un-Syracuse like roster. Unless the 2018 class is a monster one of course.

They seemed to have targeted big time recruits this year and just whiffed on all of them for whatever reason. Last year at this time we were salivating at the monster class we would bring in with all the spots we'd have. Instead on paper it looks like we have a 'high level' MAC class coming in. It's disturbing -- there is no way to spin it.
th

Or, perhaps he's trying to give an endorsement that facilitates Frankie getting an opportunity elsewhere.

I interpreted that quote as JB stating they're looking to bring in a specific "someone" next year. Not just somebody in general. But ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah I hope those comments and praise by JB in the presser aren't an indicator that Frank will be back. He did say that Frank is the team's best perimeter defender which was odd. Sticking to purely basketball; I really hope Howard moves on. Ole Miss would finish next to last in the ACC. Howard had some good plays in the NIT. He did nothing all year when it mattered. Really do not like his game at all. He's too slow and shaky to run the point as well, IMO.

Yeah I hope those comments and praise by JB in the presser aren't an indicator that Frank will be back. He did say that Frank is the team's best perimeter defender which was odd. Sticking to purely basketball; I really hope Howard moves on. Ole Miss would finish next to last in the ACC. Howard had some good plays in the NIT. He did nothing all year when it mattered. Really do not like his game at all. He's too slow and shaky to run the point as well, IMO.
If he's our best defender, it's no wonder we sucked. Guy puts negative effort into defense.

Best defender in the backcourt???? That's been enough to warrant unfettered playing time for as long back as I can remember.

I think this one falls under the long list of "Boeheim says things."

Apart from that, I agree with your concerns.

I found his comment about guys not defending the 3 line all year in hoping that guys just miss was interesting. Stating he has told the guys this isn't high school anymore...or something along those lines. Really? Gillon and White are 5th year transfers, so far removed from high school. Howard is a soph, and according to this same presser, JB uttered that Howard was the best defender of the guards. Battle is the only one who's relatively recently removed from HS since he was in high school last year. I thought Battle played decent D most of the season.

This year is no different than a lot of years in regards to the zone. A lot of wide open looks and just hoping for the shots to miss. Isn't that part of the reason why JB plays nothing but zone anyway, because he goes by the the law of averages, etc.? So, nothing really new this year in that regard other than the mathematician professor JB having those averages bite him in the arse a bit larger.

You must have hated Ennis.

You must have hated Ennis.

Ha. He was deceivingly quick at times but he just played with a methodical pace. He was a good player but not some transcendent talent we should keep lamenting over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom