JB is doing a great job as ESPN analyst tonight | Syracusefan.com

JB is doing a great job as ESPN analyst tonight

cto

Administrator
He is doing the Duke/Pitt game (a truly terrible blowout game), but his contributions are all intelligent and interesting. Unlike many analysts, he does not feel a need to talk for the sake of talking. He has definitely found his post-coaching calling.

He is doing the Duke/Pitt game (a truly terrible blowout game), but his contributions are all intelligent and interesting. Unlike many analysts, he does not feel a need to talk for the sake of talking. He has definitely found his post-coaching calling.
He's brilliant, has seen it all, loves the game, funnier than hell, and kind of a loose cannon. Great attributes for that job

I can't wait to hear him call a game

The 9:00 starts might be an issue for JB.

I also tuned in right before halftime last night when the crew was talking about the NFL playoffs and JB revealed he has switched over to Bills mafia after many years as a Pats fan. The Heimer is a bandwagon fan, who da thunk it?!

This is not at all surprising.

He has always been a keen observer of the game. It was Jim Boeheim and JB alone who predicted that Villanova would beat Georgetown in the NCAA Finals back in 1985. His analysis was spot on.

He is exceedingly bright.

And, he's funny.

I hope he's enjoying himself in this new career.

Last edited:

I also tuned in right before halftime last night when the crew was talking about the NFL playoffs and JB revealed he has switched over to Bills mafia after many years as a Pats fan. The Heimer is a bandwagon fan, who da thunk it?!
I don’t know why I’m laughing so hard at this.

They'll never do it, but I would love for him to do a cuse game against some no-name school next year.

Kinda like the early analyst Bobby Knight. I thought his color was technical and educating. I will say he used "shot fake" a lot in his commentary, but he was right.

As long as he stops saying Shrewsberry is doing an “excellent” job at ND. We don’t need more watered down treatment of coaches.

As long as he stops saying Shrewsberry is doing an “excellent” job at ND. We don’t need more watered down treatment of coaches.
In fairness, they were horrible at the beginning of the year and they have improved a lot.

Have you been able to catch how Notre Dame has been playing in conference since 12/30? They have improved - they beat Virginia by over 20, lost to NC St by 2, lost to Duke by 8 and beat Ga Tech by 7.

Sorry missed Althea’s post noting how they have improved.

he does not feel a need to talk for the sake of talking.
I didn't see the game.
But if just the line above is true then he's waaaaay ahead of most other "analysts" who get behind the mic without any training, practice or experience and talk endlessly.
And it's even worse in football.

Welcome aboard the Super Bowl express!
(He said he'd been to a couple practices too)

I agree, but isn’t that a technical problem? His mike should be louder. My many Duke friends thought he did a good job.
Good question for the AV nerds out there. I wonder if they're limited by increased static or background noise, if they turn it up too much.

Can they pair him with Bill Walton for a game just to see what that would be like?
502005117-tumblr_lyu3qdOOhx1qir083o1_400.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom