JB & K Video | Syracusefan.com

JB & K Video

Do you think K lets JB pick his nose? It has to drive JB nuts.

Sorry if already posted.

And a Denny's meniton!

Much thanks and you just hit the 400 tee milestone for this gem.
Great to hear them joking around with each other.
We sort of have to be Duke haters around here especially where we're headed but I have to say, always had respect for Coach K. Just a winner through and through and it's hard to take that away from him.

Sorry if already posted.

And a Denny's meniton!

The only time he had Coach K switch to 2-3 zone, best part.
It worked so JB doesn't get greedy to ask about it again and leave it on a high note!

I haven't seen them sit down and joke around together before. This was a great video. Gives you a different perspective on what some may think of K.

I've seen them together a lot at both the 2008 and 2012 Olympics. There's an incredible amount of mutual respect and genuine friendship there. You may remember 18 months ago when the Bernie Fine issue exploded -- and people were calling for JB's head -- Coach K was the first prominent national sports figure to make a strong statement in support of JB, asserting there was no way JB could have been aware of such alleged behavior and have done nothing about it.

I've seen them together a lot at both the 2008 and 2012 Olympics. There's an incredible amount of mutual respect and genuine friendship there. You may remember 18 months ago when the Bernie Fine issue exploded -- and people were calling for JB's head -- Coach K was the first prominent national sports figure to make a strong statement in support of JB, asserting there was no way JB could have been aware of such alleged behavior and have done nothing about it.

The way K stood up for JB along with the video he recorded for JB's 800th win has made me look at him and his program differently.

It also doesn't hurt that there are no more JJ Redick's on his team that you want to punch in the face. Plus they beat the 2010 Butler team, which is the personification of evil in sports.

I tolerate coach K but hate Duke to a great extent... right behind the clowns from Georgetown. Still pissed they ruined my last hoya game at the dome

It cracks me up to visit this board and read all of this love for K simply because he allowed a guy to transfer to your program. Just wait until SU plays their first game in Durham. You'll snap out of this trance you're in pretty quickly.

I think it would be kinda nice if, instead of hating our rivals, we could respect them. Experience great joy and pride when you beat them, and relish the chance for "revenge" when they beat us. Clearly, Coaches K and B have achieved this, but it sounds as if they feel it's not possible for fans to do similarly. I wonder: is HATE part of the fun? Perhaps, but is it really "hate?"

I just got back from a trip to Badgerland, so I guess I'm in a philosophical mood.

A lot of people seem to like K all of a sudden and have this new found respect for him. I assume that has to be because JB considers him a friend. Being JB's friend doesn't change how he oversaw one of the crookedest programs in college basketball, probably only surpassed by Wooden. Plus the NCAA protected his program. No respect here.

Sent using my Commodore 64

A lot of people seem to like K all of a sudden and have this new found respect for him. I assume that has to be because JB considers him a friend. Being JB's friend doesn't change how he oversaw one of the crookedest programs in college basketball, probably only surpassed by Wooden. Plus the NCAA protected his program. No respect here.

Bees.. the fact is... that 18 months ago... when the world was shitting on the SU program and on JB (in the Bernie Fine mess), Coach K was the first... and the loudest ... significant national figure to go out on a limb and strongly support JB. That, to me, over-rides everything else you may think about him. He was a friend, when JB (and SU) needed one. K's statement at that time .. made the point that SU was not PSU... because there was no cover-up by the head coach. It was a very important statement.

PS. there is nothing "new-found" with me here. Go to my Facebook home page ... and look at my "cover photo" there. (It's a picture of me with JB and K at the Beijing Olympics).

Bees.. the fact is... that 18 months ago... when the world was shitting on the SU program and on JB (in the Bernie Fine mess), Coach K was the first... and the loudest ... significant national figure to go out on a limb and strongly support JB. That, to me, over-rides everything else you may think about him. He was a friend, when JB (and SU) needed one. K's statement at that time .. made the point that SU was not PSU... because there was no cover-up by the head coach. It was a very important statement.

PS. there is nothing "new-found" with me here. Go to my Facebook home page ... and look at my "cover photo" there. (It's a picture of me with JB and K at the Beijing Olympics).

He did that because he and JB are friends, not because he ran a clean program. And the statement about new found respect is meant towards the board in general.

JB always pulling for K who knows? maybe he won them 3-4 championships doing so.
It Coach K has the power it would be nice for him to unleash it. ;)

I have no problem with Duke doubling us in titles if we win a half dozen more in my lifetime :p.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom