JB Media Day Press Conference | Oct 22 | Syracusefan.com

JB Media Day Press Conference | Oct 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Boeheim said the extra summer workouts have helped the team progress more than in the past. Helps that SU only has one freshman in Benny William. “The new guys have picked things up really well.”

Boeheim: Cole Swider (ankle) and Bourama Sidibe (knee) will not play tonight. Swider is expected back at practice on Tuesday. Sidibe is wait-and-see, but hopefully short term as well.

Boeheim said the biggest change among returners is at the center spot. Jesse Edwards and Frank Anselem are “light years” better than they were last year.

Boeheim also speaks highly of Symir Torrence’s ability to push the ball up court quickly and the physical growth Jimmy Boeheim saw since he last played at Cornell.

Boeheim said freshman Benny Williams is “making good progress” but he’ll learn a lot this year. Emphasized that there’s only one Carmelo Anthony in terms of immediate readiness.

Jim Boeheim is asked if he’ll announce his retirement ahead of his final season, whenever that is: “I don’t know. I doubt it. I’m not sure really. I don’t know what’s going to happen.” JB said he told all five of SU’s 2022 commits that he’ll be here next year.

Boeheim believes he only gets asked about retirement because of his age (76). “I don’t feel old.” Said he feels the same now as when he started.

Boeheim said Joe Girard is the most improved player in the backcourt. Said Cole Swider is a better fit for SU’s zone D compared to Villanova, where they often switched in man and he would have to match up with guards.

Boeheim on roster and portal: "Time will tell, but we got exactly what we wanted and needed to get. That rarely happens." Says this will be a fun team to watch.

Boeheim said the extra summer workouts have helped the team progress more than in the past. Helps that SU only has one freshman in Benny William. “The new guys have picked things up really well.”

Boeheim: Cole Swider (ankle) and Bourama Sidibe (knee) will not play tonight. Swider is expected back at practice on Tuesday. Sidibe is wait-and-see, but hopefully short term as well.

Boeheim said the biggest change among returners is at the center spot. Jesse Edwards and Frank Anselem are “light years” better than they were last year.

Boeheim also speaks highly of Symir Torrence’s ability to push the ball up court quickly and the physical growth Jimmy Boeheim saw since he last played at Cornell.

Boeheim said freshman Benny Williams is “making good progress” but he’ll learn a lot this year. Emphasized that there’s only one Carmelo Anthony in terms of immediate readiness.

Jim Boeheim is asked if he’ll announce his retirement ahead of his final season, whenever that is: “I don’t know. I doubt it. I’m not sure really. I don’t know what’s going to happen.” JB said he told all five of SU’s 2022 commits that he’ll be here next year.

Boeheim believes he only gets asked about retirement because of his age (76). “I don’t feel old.” Said he feels the same now as when he started.

Boeheim said Joe Girard is the most improved player in the backcourt. Said Cole Swider is a better fit for SU’s zone D compared to Villanova, where they often switched in man and he would have to match up with guards.

Boeheim on roster and portal: "Time will tell, but we got exactly what we wanted and needed to get. That rarely happens." Says this will be a fun team to watch.
So of the two remaining backcourt players from last year's normal rotation, Joe is the most improved? Guess I should have seen that coming.

So of the two remaining backcourt players from last year's normal rotation, Joe is the most improved? Guess I should have seen that coming.

Well considering where he started from that doesn't really surprise.

When you hear JB’s comments on Kadary Richmond yesterday then sorry I don’t believe his spin on this being our best recruiting class.
JB knows how to create narratives he wants.

Good god his comments on Kadary were embarrassing. Joe was more consistent last year it was he actually said.

I can come up with only one single reason a coach would make comments like that about a player that has left the program. Being thin-skinned and angry that people are questioning what transpired.

I can come up with only one single reason a coach would make comments like that about a player that has left the program. Being thin-skinned and angry that people are questioning what transpired.

Or that after 50 yrs he can say what he wants and the haters can go kick rocks. Honestly whether I agree with it or not relative to JB I fully plan to use age as an excuse to say whatever the hell I want at that point.

You guys can sht on a lot of the comments, but based upon my eyes I will say Cole is going to be a really good and possibly great shooter. I assume he’s going to have an offensive game pretty similar to Southerland.

Based on last night and the comments, I think with the 3 forwards we are legit a 6 starters team. Symir or Frank being more the first bench player.

The fans need to get over it. It’s done. It’s a new year. This team has good pieces that can come together. I’m going to get hammered for this Hot take, but frankly I don’t care…. I can’t wait for Seton Hall(my nephews alma mater) and Willard to miss the tournament yet again. I’m sick of every thread turning into the same topic.

Its his biggest flaw. Everyone on the planet knows that Kadary is the better player. Hopefully Joe has a good year and as JB claims has improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom