JB Obviously Counseled Ennis | Syracusefan.com

JB Obviously Counseled Ennis

Cuse Action

2nd String
to stay another year, and he left anyway. What's that say about their relationship?

If someone was going to pay you millions to do something you love would you stay in college and keep doing it for free?

The idea is to set up your career, it is great to get that million dollar paycheck, but it is the 2nd and 3rd paychecks where you want to be making the big bucks.

Don't think for a second that Ennis' family didn't have an impact either. Some on here appear to have had solid info over a month ago that this was coming. He didn't make that decision on his own, or blindly. I think this has been his decision since he busted out onto the radar in December and January. With very few other guards going, now is the time.

I think that Ennis is the type of player that the longer he plays and the more the scouts see him the less value they will place on what he does. If he believes he will be a first round selection in this year's draft, I can't fault him for going because I honestly don't think he will continue to be valued as a first round talent.

Don't get me wrong; I think he would have continued to improve and become a better college player each year he stayed, I'm just not convinced that he has an NBA skillset or NBA athleticism.

I think that Ennis is the type of player that the longer he plays and the more the scouts see him the less value they will place on what he does. If he believes he will be a first round selection in this year's draft, I can't fault him for going because I honestly don't think he will continue to be valued as a first round talent.

Don't get me wrong; I think he would have continued to improve and become a better college player each year he stayed, I'm just not convinced that he has an NBA skillset or NBA athleticism.
So you're saying NBA scouts and GM's are dumb?

So you're saying NBA scouts and GM's are dumb?

Didn't say that all. But clearly the more exposure they have to a player the more they know about him and the better they can evaluate and predict his ceiling.

I think JB is chillin in the film room blasting Drake-Worst Behavior .

"$&@!$&@% never loved us"

I can see Ennis' dad playing a sneaky big role in this. AAU guy, etc. Just throwing it out there.
So you're insinuating that Ennis' dad, who has many connections in the basketball world at all levels, would actually have something to do with his son's decision to enter the NBA draft? Let's not get out of control with your accusations and assumptions. :rolleyes::cool:

Didn't say that all. But clearly the more exposure they have to a player the more they know about him and the better they can evaluate and predict his ceiling.
you are still saying that you have more insight than the NBA guys that will draft him in the first round this year.

Cuse Action said:
to stay another year, and he left anyway. What's that say about their relationship?

Nothing

Bingo. Strike while the iron is hot.

I think he'll dip out of the lottery to be honest, but it seems like he'll be a first round pick. With that skill-set, I would go too. You never know what happens, and I could see him falling off the boards entirely. I applaud the decision - seems very smart to me.

Who knows what it means about their relationship, probably not much. I would be much more concerned that JB is telling a potential lottery pick to come back to school.

Not being snotty here, but counseling someone on something and their eventual choice on that matter are unrelated or at best very weakly related to how that person feels about you. You can counsel your kids to do something and they may choose not to do it. Doesn't mean they don't love you.

Who cares about Tyler Ennis , he didn't bring any new bling to the trophy case. He doesn't go very deep in Orange blood at all.

Who cares about Tyler Ennis , he didn't bring any new bling to the trophy case. He doesn't go very deep in Orange blood at all.

I sure hope your dog never bites you. Talk about turning on someone quickly. I know we live in a "what have you done for me lately" attitude these days, but this statement is just ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom