JB on CBS this morning | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB on CBS this morning

I watched the segment and you know what? I just love Jim Boeheim and we are really lucky to have had him at the helm of this program every single day since he took over. Anyone who can't see that beyond his shortcomings must have been weaned on a lemon.

I hate some of this crap. I get "The uploader has not made this video available in your Country" :(

Hot off the press.

image-1837793113.jpg

I've said it for a long time: JB is very quirky and awkward at times, but he can also be extremely funny. He is at his best in small dose segments like this, where his humor stands out and the awkwardness is minimized.
That's probably true of most people.
Get in...give 'em your best stuff...get out.

Boeheim is a surprising guest...given the networks' general lust for female viewers.
And he actually bailed them out a bit.
Had he not started the segment with his own background and his mother's advice they would have lost every viewer who isn't a big college hoops fan.
(And they may well have anyway, through no fault of his).

A bit surprising CBS didn't bother showing any Boeheim highlights outside of a few stills.

Kudos to Charlie Rose for bringing up the "elphant in the room" without asking Jimmy directly about he pending SU inquisition by the NCAA. This allowed Jimmy the opportunity of just discussing the impact on NC or also alluding to the situation at SU which he surprisingly did.
And in the process said that at least part of it involved tutors which is more than he has said before.

And in the process said that at least part of it involved tutors which is more than he has said before.
Seems like a good political move on JB's part, as it puts the SU investigation in perspective with what apparently went on at UNC. Hopefully the NCAA folks watched the segment.

Seems like a good political move on JB's part, as it puts the SU investigation in perspective with what apparently went on at UNC. Hopefully the NCAA folks watched the segment.
Well, knowing the "flexibility" of the NCAA, they may be pssed he said anything about SU.

Well, knowing the "flexibility" of the NCAA, they may be pssed he said anything about SU.
The tutoring issue was previously reported in the P-S, and JB only gave it a vague reference, so hopefully his comment did more good than harm with the NCAA.

You mean there is still hope for me and playing college basketball? I can't catch the ball AND I can't get it in the basket either.

Great segment. I also like that he mentioned our NCAA issues when asked about North Carolina. Obviously the anchors did not do their research as they would have known we had similar problems, and that questions may have been asked differently. That was my first thought when they asked about N. Carolina.

Also after totally butchering his name (never heard it as bay ham before) Gayle said she had practiced. Uh I would not have admitted that after butchering it so bad. Practice did not make perfect in her case.

You can catch a beer at the tailgates, so that's really what counts. You will always have a spot on The Team. ;)

JB also to be interviewed on NPR's only a game shortly.

edit:

talked about his fear of losing, paying student athletes,the lemoyne loss, bernie fine and hank aaron.

Last edited:
Excellent interview on NPR. It streams online just put in onlyagame.wbur.org.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom