JB on CNN tonight at 9 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB on CNN tonight at 9

That was in response to posters claiming he will become a star on tv, etc. The guy is not revered outside of Syracuse, and I can't see him doing the folksy BS act that will endear him to many viewers, but hey, I could be completely wrong.
You never know, I guess. Madden may have done the folksy act, but Bobby Knight certainly didn’t when he was a color commentator for The Worldwide Leader. And Knight was well regarded as a color analyst. I think JB would be a fantastic color guy.

I agree with you. I think he was concerned about saying something that would blow up in his face.
Yes. One thing if you blow yourself up on ESPN. Blowing yourself up on CNN is at a whole 'nother level.

Surprised he agreed to that interview. I saw no upside and tons of downside. Coming out as he did is probably the best outcome.

Not really what I would have scheduled as part of a "feel-good" farewell tour.

You never know, I guess. Madden may have done the folksy act, but Bobby Knight certainly didn’t when he was a color commentator for The Worldwide Leader. And Knight was well regarded as a color analyst. I think JB would be a fantastic color guy.
He very well could be a fine color guy, etc, but to say at 78 he's going to be a tv star as some have posted is I think absurd. The only color guys out there who are stars are Bilas, Vitale, etc.

He very well could be a fine color guy, etc, but to say at 78 he's going to be a tv star as some have posted is I think absurd. The only color guys out there who are stars are Bilas, Vitale, etc.
True, the point being made in this thread wasn’t about him as a color analyst. And I agree - color guys in general are rarely “stars”.

That was in response to posters claiming he will become a star on tv, etc. The guy is not revered outside of Syracuse, and I can't see him doing the folksy BS act that will endear him to many viewers, but hey, I could be completely wrong.
People outside Syracuse don't know how funny he is

People in Syracuse who don't think he's funny are nuts

premature anything isn't good

You seem to personally vested in him not coming off well to the general public on TV. A little weird.

His answer about nil and why it’s bad was rambling and unclear. I didn’t think he came across great in this. Seen him a lot better in other interviews.

Edit: last two responses were more crisp.
I agree. I’m not sure how he felt about NIL. It’s like I know what I feel, but this is what I should say. He was clear as mud.

He kind o tied it up by saying coaches would adjust to it. (NIL and Portal)

JB is loved by most sports casters which should give you some indication that they know he would go over well with the general sports viewing audience.

I think you probably are wrong. He usually comes across very well nationally in interviews. It's the post-game pressers where he comes off poorly and those aren't seen by most people across the country. He doesn't need to be "revered" to be a popular guest on talk tv, he just needs to communicate well and be knowledgeable on the subject matter.
My take too. And the guy has almost a play by play memory for games. It’s uncanny. I think SU fans project way too much negativity onto Coach Boeheim. Most basketball fans around the country just want info and insight. JB has that covered.

You seem to personally vested in him not coming off well to the general public on TV. A little weird.
Not really, but I readily admit to being very fed up with the way he punched down at people beneath him who had the audacity to question him, eg a student reporter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom