JB on CNN tonight at 9 | Syracusefan.com

JB on CNN tonight at 9

Great. I honestly don't think there is anyone better at this. I hope he gets a national gig. He would be a star
There was an article about him on YAHOO last week and the comments about him were brutal. I doubt people outside of central New York consider him star material.

There was an article about him on YAHOO last week and the comments about him were brutal. I doubt people outside of central New York consider him star material.
100% meaningless. That was their opinion of him as a person whose persona was a coach. They will view him differently once he is explaining college basketball. I will give you a example. Might be before your time. John Madden was not liked as a person or a coach before he became CBS top Pro football guy They even ran a commercial where Madden himself said I'm not the crazy guy you used to see on the sideline. . Then people loved him. In a different role, People will view JB differently . Plus, how many nice things are ever written about someone on a internet message board? Not many.

Last edited:
100% meaningless. That was their opinion of him as a person whose persona was a coach. They will view him differently once he is explaining college basketball. I will give you a example. Might be before your time. John Madden was not liked as a person or a coach before he became CBS top Pro football guy They even ran a commercial where Madden himself said I'm not the crazy guy you used to see on the sideline. . Then people loved him. In a different role, People will view JB differently in a different role. Plus, on many nice things are ever written about someone on a internet message board? Not many.
Sorry, I don't see it, and FYI I enrolled at SU in 1963, one year after JB, so obviously I am very familiar with Madden.

They will once they watch him. He’s great on TV in these type of roles. He’s funny, not a big homer and clearly knows what he’s talking about. He won’t be the jerk in these situations we’ve come to know and other fans connect to him.

They will once they watch him. He’s great on TV in these type of roles. He’s funny, not a big homer and clearly knows what he’s talking about. He won’t be the jerk in these situations we’ve come to know and other fans connect to him.
I've seen him on tv plenty of times, bantering with Barkley, making nice with the national media, unlike the way he treated the local news people.

Great. I honestly don't think there is anyone better at this. I hope he gets a national gig. He would be a star

And his popularity might be enhanced by it not being a full time gig.

I could envision him being an on-air personality with CBS [just for example] during the NCAA tournament ONLY. HOF'er, 2nd all time in wins, his credentials speak for themselves and give him credibility to sit in the chair. He could be part of the Selection Sunday process, then be in the studio for the month of so of the tournament.

Would be a nice gig, wouldn't take up a ton of time, and would enable him to remain close to the game.

And his humor works very well in limited doses, so I could see him being the type of commentator that people would enjoy watching every year at NCAA time -- especially after he was in the studio one or two years in a row, and people see what he brings to the table with his predictions / knowledge of the field.

Last edited:

The yahoo comments are the dumpster fire of dumpster fires… they legit shut them down for like 2-3 years because they were so bad at one point. I think they only came back within the last year or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom