JB on Golic and Wingo Monday at 8:05 | Syracusefan.com

JB on Golic and Wingo Monday at 8:05

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

DZySyqvWsAE0nJO.jpg

Last edited:
JB said 47 of the last 48 McDonalds all-Americans went to college and he expects the next 48 McDonalds AAs to go college.
Said Bazley is a good and unselfish kid.
He will have to wait till November to play with an organized team while if we went to college could work out with staff and S&C in the summer.
Kid will be playing with 23 years old in G-League where his passing skills won’t be used because it’s an ISO league.
Said we will still be good next year but would have liked to have Bazley.
Said Trey Young is a perfect example of why 1 and done is good.
He would have been 30rd pick if he went out of HS but the 1 and done made him at worst a top 10 pick.

He said he always roots and wishes well for his kids after they leave. Said he wishes Bazley well.

Good interview by JB.

JB said 47 of the last 48 McDonalds all-Americans went to college and he expects the next 48 McDonalds AAs to go college.
He will have to wait till November to play with an organized team while if we went to college could work out with staff and S&C in the summer.
Kid will be playing with 23 years old in G-League where his passing skills won’t be used because it’s an ISO league.
He would have been 30rd pick if he went out of HS but the 1 and done made him at worst a top 10 pick.

He said he always roots and wishes well for his kids after they leave. Said he wishes Bazley well.

Good interview by JB.
I know he can't talk about specific recruits but any hints one way or the other on if they are thinking about any roster additions?

Him telling everyone we are going to be good is going to inflate expectations here and people are going to be angry when we can't beat elite teams again.
It doesn’t matter. If you don’t worship at the altar you are a “hater” and bitter miserable fan with expectations out of whack according to some.

JB was good in the interview but when he said we will be fine I think he was just putting a spin. We aren’t a top 25 team next year unless Marek takes a massive leap and Hughes is the real deal.
Howard and Brissett are legit 1-2.

We won’t get offense from Chukwu.
Sidibe has potential but must be healthy.

I see us being like NC State this year next year. Decent team will beat some good teams but not a threat in conference race or in the NCAAT.

It doesn’t matter. If you don’t worship at the altar you are a “hater” and bitter miserable fan with expectations out of whack according to some.

JB was good in the interview but when he said we will be fine I think he was just putting a spin. We aren’t a top 25 team next year unless Marek takes a massive leap and Hughes is the real deal.

I see us being like NC State this year next year. Decent team will beat some good teams but not a threat in conference race or in the NCAAT.

Or if Battle stays, we are top 5-10.

Battle probably isn't going to stay. And if he is told he is a 1st round pick, he shouldn't. JB has always said that experience wins. We will have plenty of experience next year. We didn't have that this year. I'm looking forward to that team.

Good interview by JB.

In regards to the last 47 out of 48 Mickey D'ers going to college and how he expects the next 48 to follow the college route, was there any additional questioning on that thought? It would've been interesting to see if one of those hosts asked JB something along the lines...well what if an agent gets to those kids, like Bazley, and fronts them a whole bunch of cash. I mean, we all know the likelihood that he's not going to the G league and skipping college for $26K. Did either of those two ask JB how exactly he heard the news? I know it's been presumed that JB was blindsided, but he actually hasn't stated it, at least not publicly to my knowledge.

Unlike the people who chime into every thread with the same crap over and over and over.

Why is it sooooo wrong to simply say we’ll be fine next year? Nothing. Not a damn thing.

Such sensitivity. Boeheim said we would be good this year and a guys is worried it will get people hopes up just to lose to elite teams. That kind of is being a hater.

You can be mad if he is wrong but you shouldn’t be mad that they guy thinks we will be good. He’s the g damn coach.

Fact is some on here are haters. It seems like everyone must fall in the category of worshiping JB or being a hater. Newsflash you can be somewhere in between.

Had he said we would struggle next year this place would go nuclear.

Might he actually think we will be good?
It depends on the inflection and intonation he used. I wasn't listening and have a hard time deciphering the degree of good he meant. Too bad he didn't say "we'd be great." That I would understand.

Such sensitivity. Boeheim said we would be good this year and a guys is worried it will get people hopes up just to lose to elite teams. That kind of is being a hater.

You can be mad if he is wrong but you shouldn’t be mad that they guy thinks we will be good. He’s the g damn coach.

Fact is some on here are haters. It seems like everyone must fall in the category of worshiping JB or being a hater. Newsflash you can be somewhere in between.

Had he said we would struggle next year this place would go nuclear.
What you say is true but the country at large is polarized.
I don’t hate the coach. I am critical but I give credit a lot more but some don’t like any criticism and so it’s either or the other sadly.

Might he actually think we will be good?
He said we were NC good before the 2016-17 season. I had nothing wrong with what he said but I think the point that 0307 was making is people on here can’t defend a bubble season now if JB is saying we should be better than that.

What you say is true but the country at large is polarized.
I don’t the coach. I am critical but some don’t like any criticism and so it’s either or the other sadly.

Being critical is fine and I struggled with this years team. What I really have trouble handling though is people getting upset about such speculative things.

Could you ever imagine Duke fans getting upset that K said their team would be good. I know our programs are in different positions but to be critical of a coach saying we would be good is just weird to me.

I think you can buck the trend of polarization and just be honest on here. The riff raff expose themselves quickly and you can ignore. This site is just overrun right now with sky is falling negativity.

Unlike the people who chime into every thread with the same crap over and over and over.

Why is it sooooo wrong to simply say we’ll be fine next year? Nothing. Not a damn thing.
What are your expectations for the team next year record wise assuming we keep everyone but Battle on the roster now and don’t add anyone else.

He said we were NC good before the 2016-17 season. I had nothing wrong with what he said but I think the point that 0307 was making is people on here can’t defend a bubble season now if JB is saying we should be better than that.

So be it. I would prefer a confident coach that we can hammmer if they don’t meet standards over someone hedging their bets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom