JB on Golic and Wingo Monday at 8:05 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JB on Golic and Wingo Monday at 8:05

Good doesn't have to mean we will be beating elite teams regularly.
That is your definition of good. Not what good means to most of us.

I'm realizing that. Good means the bubble or slightly better to people. Good to me means top 20 all season. Times have changed.

If he went home and classes are still going on, how can a student leave in April if he plans on being eligible in 18/19? Are foreign students held under a different set of rules?

I guess that was kinda the point to my question. Previous poster made it seem like Marek was still in Europe.

This is what JB said: “We’re going to have a good team next year. We would have liked to have him with us but we’ll be a good team.” I don't know that I've ever heard or read Boeheim say or imply that any of his teams would be "very good" based on an incoming player. He's said we have a chance to be very good if things break our way but that's the extent of it.

It implies that we would have likely been “very good” with Bazley. He knows that, but now he’s just saying we’ll still be “good” without him. It’s pretty clear. He’s simply trying to calm the waters.

Two seasons ago he thought the team was going to be “very good,” but that didn’t turn out as expected.

Fair enough.

And I’ll continue to shine a light on what I, and I alone, believe your opinions reflect.

Fixed it for you. Unless you truly believe you speak for everyone here.

I guess that was kinda the point to my question. Previous poster made it seem like Marek was still in Europe.

Seriously, did he actually go home after the Sweet 16? That's not spring break for these kids. Seems like this is an actual deal to worry about.

Sunday, March 11-Sunday, March 18
Spring Break (no classes, University offices open)

It implies that we would have likely been “very good” with Bazley. He knows that, but now he’s just saying we’ll still be “good” without him. It’s pretty clear. He’s simply trying to calm the waters.

Two seasons ago he thought the team was going to be “very good,” but that didn’t turn out as expected.

I've never heard or read any coach implying let alone saying that his team will be "very good" six months ahead of the first practice. It's just not how coaches think. If you can point to any coach in any sport saying or implying such a thing a half year in advance of the season, please enlighten me. It's just not done. As for calming the waters, this coach spends exactly zero time thinking about that, he's made that very clear a zillion times.

I don't post much on the basketball side because my expectations are that we'll be somewhere between on the bubble and a national championship contender, just like we've been every year for 40 years.

Seriously, did he actually go home after the Sweet 16? That's not spring break for these kids. Seems like this is an actual deal to worry about.

Sunday, March 11-Sunday, March 18
Spring Break (no classes, University offices open)

He never said he was going home during the semester. In fact his quote was that he was going home after the school year and coming back for the second summer sessions. Not sure where people got that he’s there now.

He never said he was going home during the semester. In fact his quote was that he was going home after the school year and coming back for the second summer sessions. Not sure where people got that he’s there now.

Summer Session II begins July 2, 2018

He can go home for almost 2 months.

He’ll be done with finals around the 10th maybe so he’ll be home for about 7 weeks. Hopefully he brings back 10-15 pounds and a teammate.

Wonder what kind of training facilities he has access to there.

Thank you.

He could have said:
  • It'll be a challenge
  • We'll be OK
  • We'll be fine
  • We'll be good
  • We'll be excellent

All valid and non-controversial coach speak.

I don't know you so I'm not sure why "suck" was the only thing you came up with.
Why is JBs comment that we will be good even being debated? It was just a harmless comment, really. This forum has gotten ridiculous with people manufacturing reasons to get pi$$ed off

Fixed it for you. Unless you truly believe you speak for everyone here.

Of course I speak for only myself.

You aren’t actually operating under the assumption that you speak for anyone else but yourself, right?

Of course I speak for only myself.

You aren’t actually operating under the assumption that you speak for anyone else but yourself, right?
Nope. Never intimated I was.

Bingo. No need to burn that bridge and a little white lie saves everyone face.
You don't want to come off looking like Jim Mora

Even if you're losing your mind over losing him, you just pretend that at syracuse it's no big deal because we just reload

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom