JB on Grant "He's hurt" "He can't play" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB on Grant "He's hurt" "He can't play"

AZOrange said:
They did an MRI on grant the other day and instead of vertabrae he has scalloped potatoes stacked into a spinal column. No kidding.

I wish I could give you twelve likes for this one!

I suffered with back spasms for several years. Sometimes they were debilitating. I heard Howard Stern talk about a book called "Healing Back Pain" by Dr. John Sarno (a real M.D.). I haven't had any problems since and I've saved a lot of money by not going to the chiro anymore and I'm sure I've saved my liver by not using NSAIDs anymore. I recommend that book to everyone, even if you don't have back issues.

As for the team's performance, it's no coincidence that we have faded in the last 10 minutes of most of our recent games. The players are fatigued and can't perform. They're used up. Unless something changes, this team is not making the 2nd weekend of the ncaat.

I would shut him down until the ACC tourney

I would roll with Roberson over Silent G on the front line for the next 2 games
We need both of them, not one over the other. We went from having at the beginning of the season, Coleman, Christmas, Keita, Grant, Roberson, G, Fair, Ennis, Cooney to having a seem to be fatigued Ennis, a non confident Cooney, a reckless Fair, a show or no show Christmas, Roberson who never plays, G who plays good then bad, a hobbled Keita, an injured Grant, and a season ending injury for Coleman.

These guys need to share whatever minutes they can and get rested. Get healthy, get use to different rotations, and grow over the next few weeks. Main thing on offense: learn better spacing.

Or we could let the coaches, the players and the doctors figure out if someone should play.

What?!? And deprive us of pointless speculation, hearsay, gossip, tomfoolery, ankle-biting, and overall internet hooliganism?!? May it never be!

Last edited:
Or we could let the coaches, the players and the doctors figure out if someone should play.
While I agree with this 100%, as someone in the medical profession (physical therapist), I do find it disturbing that Jerami is allowed to sit in a slouched posture on the bench the entire second half while not playing because of a back related injury. I'm not going to pretend to know the cause of his symptoms, but sitting like he was on the bench the entire second half (I was at the game) prior to sitting on a plane, is not the way to care for a back injury...whether the injury is muscular in nature, disc related, etc.

Grant's back is an issue. I'm quite sure Grant did get treatment at halftime and more than likely before the game and assuredly after the game. Whatever his symptoms are, sitting on the bench for the second half was not going to make it worse or they would not have him out there.

I remember when Arinze was held out of a start against Oakland four years ago because of a knee problem, only to come in and play a few minutes during the rout. Seemed unnecessary. I feel the same about yesterday.

Anyway, the "spin move, get clobbered by the defense, don't get a whistle" offensive move has caught up with Grant. That stinks. So does this practice of playing people for 40 minutes while capable players ride the bench.

Back injuries do not get better. period. You live with them, work on your core, or if severe enough attempt largely ineffective surgery. My guess is that Grant is done or extremely hampered the rest of the season
Disagree, been there done that, there are nonsurgical remedies, I'm living proof.

Does this back injury put a kibosh on the possibility of Grant leaving early? Wouldn't an NBA team want assurances that Grant has recovered fully and that it doesn't become a problem that will effect his future play before selecting him as a high draft pick?heres hoping its a temp set back that only require one more year at S U to prove it.

Disagree, been there done that, there are nonsurgical remedies, I'm living proof.
Living proof you say? You are not alive, I say!!!

How can someone put so much stuff on a sports board and actually be alive. You are an automaton. That does not qualify as living. However I have no problem with that. In fact, keep up the great work!! Thank you , Thank you , Thank You!

I know we first learned of this injury during the Duke game, but is there any chance it actually started prior to that?
Just trying to think of a way to rationalize the BC debacle.

As for the team's performance, it's no coincidence that we have faded in the last 10 minutes of most of our recent games. The players are fatigued and can't perform. They're used up. Unless something changes, this team is not making the 2nd weekend of the ncaat.
You're right, we may as well decline our 1 or 2 seed and head to the NIT.

Actually, no - strike that. Let's set an achievable goal and try to get to the second weekend of the CBI. If we rest CJ and Ennis we might just get it done, and I'm sure CJ would jump at the chance to garner some pine time at the end of his senior year. Pitt will probably win it the CBI's whole 11.2oz. Enchilada again, but at least we can say we didn't use up our players trying to scale Mt. Impossiceivable. I'm hearing strains of "Chariots of Fire" as I type this.

You're right, we may as well decline our 1 or 2 seed and head to the NIT.

Actually, no - strike that. Let's set an achievable goal and try to get to the second weekend of the CBI. If we rest CJ and Ennis we might just get it done, and I'm sure CJ would jump at the chance to garner some pine time at the end of his senior year. Pitt will probably win it the CBI's whole 11.2oz. Enchilada again, but at least we can say we didn't use up our players trying to scale Mt. Impossiceivable. I'm hearing strains of "Chariots of Fire" as I type this.
I said, "Unless something changes..." Either you didn't see that part or you were already well into your creative writing piece that it didn't register. Do you really think that we can beat many tourney teams the way we've played the last 4 games?

I would shut him down until the ACC tourney

I would roll with Roberson over Silent G on the front line for the next 2 games

I totally agree. Playing Roberson and Silent G extra minutes will help us with our depth in NCAA tournament.

I said, "Unless something changes..." Either you didn't see that part or you were already well into your creative writing piece that it didn't register. Do you really think that we can beat many tourney teams the way we've played the last 4 games?

They way the team is playing now, I would be happy to see this group make it to the Sweet 16.

Grant will probably still leave for the NBA after this season. But I wonder if Ennis will stay another year. He's got one year in the NBA and done all over him at least the way he's been playing recently. If both Grant and Ennis leave for the NBA early we are going to have a really tough time with Duke's UK like five 5-star player recruiting class next year. It looks like UK has lost some of its recruiting luster.

Plus Triche's back injury was never even made public, but everyone knew he struggled with that. Does that mean Grant's is worse since Boeheim has spoke publicly about it, or is it just because he has had to sit so people would know that something was obviously wrong? Definitely worrisome

And T-Rob's knee held together with rubberbands and paper clips his senior season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom