JB on Grant "He's hurt" "He can't play" | Syracusefan.com

JB on Grant "He's hurt" "He can't play"

2-3zone

2nd String
I would shut him down until the ACC tourney

I would roll with Roberson over Silent G on the front line for the next 2 games

If he's hurt why did he play? Need to look at the bigger picture and that's get gm ready for the post season(if possible). Back injuries are a big deal.

Back injuries do not get better. period. You live with them, work on your core, or if severe enough attempt largely ineffective surgery. My guess is that Grant is done or extremely hampered the rest of the season

Back injuries do not get better. period. You live with them, work on your core, or if severe enough attempt largely ineffective surgery. My guess is that Grant is done or extremely hampered the rest of the season
You're acting like he has a misplaced vertabrae or a slipped disc. If that was the case he wouldn't have tried to play. He probably has a muscle injury in his back. It'll heal

Back injuries are not good for draft statuses. This will have an impact if it lingers.

First off if his back is bothering him take him off the bench and tell him to go lay down and get some treatment on it. Having him sit in a hard chair with terrible posture is not the right way to be treating this injury.

Last edited:
Is anyone really surprised this team is starting to break down physically? We've had 3 guys that rarely come out of any game. It doesn't surprise me one bit that Grant is injured. Kid needs to be shut down until the NCAA tourney. Roberson and even Buss and BJ need to get some run in the next week. The starters need rest.

Of course they get better. What a silly statement. And by the way. I had back surgery 3 years ago.

Tonight in his presser JB said, "Grant is hurt. There's nothing structurally wrong. His back is sore." So, yea...attempt surgery? Done for the season?

tumblr_lf5h51aMmH1qazn6h.gif

Tonight in his presser JB said, "Grant is hurt. There's nothing structurally wrong. His back is sore." So, yea...attempt surgery? Done for the season?

That makes it sound like he's going to try and keep playing him.

Damnit.

being a competitor he's going to want to play. JB needs to shut Grant down until March 20th

Is anyone really surprised this team is starting to break down physically? We've had 3 guys that rarely come out of any game. It doesn't surprise me one bit that Grant is injured. Kid needs to be shut down until the NCAA tourney. Roberson and even Buss and BJ need to get some run in the next week. The starters need rest.

I spoke to a trainer about this about a month ago in respect to our team and that is exactly what he had to say about bodies breaking down with all the wear and tear. I really don't think it's a coincidence this has happened to us several times over the years.

Last edited:
Skipping the next 2 games would give Grant almost 2 weeks off until the ACC tournament. Let's hope that's enough.

10 years ago, some of you may recall that Emeka Okafor fell victim to a back injury late in the year. ucon's chances looked shaky, but he made it back in time for the conference tournament, they won it and went on to win the whole thing.

Oh and LMFAO at the "back injuries never heal". As if all back injuries are one and the same.

What is disturbing is that we were fed a similar line about DC2. How did that turn out?

Maybe he got hurt in one of those wrestling matches for loose balls. Maybe we need a rule to get rid of wrestling in a basketball game. Certainly everyone is "travelling" in those anyway.

What is disturbing is that we were fed a similar line about DC2. How did that turn out?

Plus Triche's back injury was never even made public, but everyone knew he struggled with that. Does that mean Grant's is worse since Boeheim has spoke publicly about it, or is it just because he has had to sit so people would know that something was obviously wrong? Definitely worrisome

Skipping the next 2 games would give Grant almost 2 weeks off until the ACC tournament. Let's hope that's enough.

10 years ago, some of you may recall that Emeka Okafor fell victim to a back injury late in the year. ucon's chances looked shaky, but he made it back in time for the conference tournament, they won it and went on to win the whole thing.

Oh and LMFAO at the "back injuries never heal". As if all back injuries are one and the same.
I was just thinking about that Okafor injury. Iirc it contributed to a Craig Forth career game.

I say we, "wait as long as possible and shoot him up" prior to next game. SMFS style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom