JB on the Dan Patrick Show at 9:25 | Syracusefan.com

JB on the Dan Patrick Show at 9:25

Alsacs , JB to talk about an extra year of eligibility
It is doing right by the athletes which are the reason these sports are played.

Who cares if schools have to eat costs for 1 extra year of thousands of athletes across every sport. These schools make money off sports or they wouldn't sponsor them.

NCAA giving EVERY athlete whose sport cancelled before the NCAA championship gets an extra year is the right thing.

Clearly JB checks in here from time to time. He knew all about the fans sentiments this year thinking he may be too old.

He also seemed to indicate he doesn't golf anymore. That saddened me. But it sounds like he's fishing with Gmac (that part is a guess, but he said he goes fishing with someone who catches, so I'm assuming it's Mac).

Clearly JB checks in here from time to time. He knew all about the fans sentiments this year thinking he may be too old.

He also seemed to indicate he doesn't golf anymore. That saddened me. But it sounds like he's fishing with Gmac (that part is a guess, but he said he goes fishing with someone who catches, so I'm assuming it's Mac).
Age isn't the issue.
It's about recruiting.
K, Roy, hell Leonard Hamilton is 71 are all the old coaches as well.
It's getting the talent back to contending status.

JB if he gets talent his system now is tailored to it.

Last edited:

Who cares if schools have to eat costs for 1 extra year of thousands of athletes across every sport. These schools make money off sports or they wouldn't sponsor them.

NCAA giving EVERY athlete whose sport cancelled before the NCAA championship gets an extra year is the right thing.
I can't see giving the UNC sr's a extra year when their season was done. And there are a lot of teams that are in the same boat.

I can't see giving the UNC sr's a extra year when their season was done. And there are a lot of teams that are in the same boat.
It shouldn't matter though. Who cares if they get an extra year. Hell this would give EVERY single player on our team an extra year. An extra year for Girard, Buddy, Sidibe, Marek, Goodine, etc.
It would benefit everyone whose sport was cancelled. I wouldn't just give an extra year to seniors.

is that the segment Jb is on or is it the second hour live? Not able to fast forward .

That's the live stream. JB was already on at 9:20.

Assuming that after the show ends, you'll be able to rewatch.

Or they'll be another link somewhere.

That's the live stream. JB was already on at 9:20.

Assuming that after the show ends, you'll be able to rewatch.

Or they'll be another link somewhere.

thanks, that’s what I thought

I was able to fast forward in the original link. JB comes on at about -58.00. Thanks for sharing.

So this was like a practice season

It shouldn't matter though. Who cares if they get an extra year. Hell this would give EVERY single player on our team an extra year. An extra year for Girard, Buddy, Sidibe, Marek, Goodine, etc.
It would benefit everyone whose sport was cancelled. I wouldn't just give an extra year to seniors.

I'm all for this...looking forward to extending our seasons of mediocrity & tying up schollies for those much needed higher level recruits. Kinda like being penalized with sanctions...but in reverse. ;):)

I'm all for this...looking forward to extending our seasons of mediocrity & tying up schollies for those much needed higher level recruits. Kinda like being penalized with sanctions...but in reverse. ;):)
How do you fit recruits in with limited scholarships Expand rosters?

I have seen some people talk about the large extra costs.

I will add that the cost of education for adding athletes is minimal, because most of the costs have a very small variable cost per additional unit (additional person). As the number of students added is relatively small the added fixed costs (facilities, teachers), which would be the real cost, are very minimal.

The bigger question, not for this year:

Should NCAA (maybe basketball only) if possible -- should they consider a 5 year model moving forward.

One thing the NCAA lacks is big names and continuity... the 5 year rule would get a little continuity back into the game and get a few more recognizable names, even if not NBA talent.

The bigger question, not for this year:

Should NCAA (maybe basketball only) if possible -- should they consider a 5 year model moving forward.

One thing the NCAA lacks is big names and continuity... the 5 year rule would get a little continuity back into the game and get a few more recognizable names, even if not NBA talent.
Don’t Canadians go to school for K-13.
The USA is K-12.

Maybe an extra year isn’t the worst thing.

Don’t Canadians go to school for K-13.
The USA is K-12.

Maybe an extra year isn’t the worst thing.

Pretty sure K13 was only Ontario (OAC) and they phased that out about 15 years ago.

So, I'm not going to listen to this whole thing again, but it seemed like when I heard it live, JB was intimating that he was unable to get with the players after the season abruptly ended. Could this be one of the reasons we saw three guards put their names in the portal?

Just spitballin' here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom