JB presser tonight... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB presser tonight...

I know a guy who owns a share of the Green Bay Packers.

But when he suggests that they get rid of that bum Aaron Rodgers, do you think they listen to him? :cool:

I used to be a part owner of Disney.

I feel like he'd rather rub broken glass into his eyes than be at those pressers. I know there's little insight during these things but ya never know what he's going to say and that's reason enough for me to tune in.

He's a cranky guy who is now very old. My suggestion to all is to not listen to him in these situations.

Strange reaction by JB, just strange. He owns part of the building, not much but part. Was a simple question really. Probably didn't like the timing of it I am sure, but what a dink. Not like he was trying to hide the fact.

If he was trying to keep his interest on the down-low, maybe showing up for a photo op at the construction site and lending his name to the "Jim Boeheim Hall of Fame Lounge" were not the brightest moves?
It may be a donation, rather than an investment

There was a new article today. It's in my second post. As dash pointed out, why take it out on donna.

Agree--what's particularly odd about that is that Rick Moriarty is not one of her sports writer colleagues either, and I am assuming he never attends the pressers.

The dig on Thompson was a little concerning, as it immediately reminded me of how he would come down hard on Roberson in a lot in these pressers last season. (for anyone that didn't catch it, it was something to the effect of "if he could go at 100% more than 25% of the time he would be a really good player).

In the 4 pressers thus far, I haven't heard anything negative yet on Lydon, White, Gillon, or Howard (all are "good players").

The humanity!!! I often get the sense that people on this board comment on JB's behavior without actually watching or listening to his pressers. He didn't yell at anybody. He wasn't in a bad mood. He wasn't cranky or a dick or an a$$. Yet here we go again with the "poor Donna" nonsense. Maybe some of you should avoid venturing out of your safe spaces.

Some great lines (negative) about PC and TT, too.
He had little negative, but more positive to say about TT. Said he was a good post player. And has said before he is very advanced for a freshman big man.

EDIT
I went back and listened again to what JB had to say about TT. The 25% comment to me, was just a jab at TT asking him to go at it harder. How much of that might simply be TT wanting to do the right thing and consequently not going full out.

I find little negative about it.

Last edited:
He had little negative, but more positive to say about TT. Said he was a good post player. And has said before he is very advanced for a freshman big man.
He said something to the effect of "It would be a miracle if we can get TT to give more than 25 percent effort."

Agree--what's particularly odd about that is that Rick Moriarty is not one of her sports writer colleagues either, and I am assuming he never attends the pressers.

The dig on Thompson was a little concerning, as it immediately reminded me of how he would come down hard on Roberson in a lot in these pressers last season. (for anyone that didn't catch it, it was something to the effect of "if he could go at 100% more than 25% of the time he would be a really good player).

In the 4 pressers thus far, I haven't heard anything negative yet on Lydon, White, Gillon, or Howard (all are "good players").

I'll take the opposite of my usual stance on this one - I complained for years about his handling of Christmas and Roberson, but the Thompson thing might be related to some headaches he's giving them.

Thompson's play has been very impressive, but there's been some attitude and parental concerns that Boeheim might have wanted to head off with some press conference criticism.

The comment about Thompson didn't bother me at all. It's not like he didn't say anything good about his game at all. He just wants to make sure he is hustling.

I love JB, I respect the hell out of JB, I would not want any other coach but JB, but he is one hell of a snarky dude sometimes. I personally laugh at half the stuff he says but if I didn't have the respect for him like I do I would probably think he was a grade A . . . . . .

I don't really watch any of his Pressers, unless something crazy happened, or it was a big game, you know going in what he is going to say.

He was in a bad mood. You'd of thought we were on the losing end. Yelled at Donna about something related to a building he has a stake in. Anyone have any details as to what he was talking about? I must have missed an article.

I wouldn't say he yelled at Donna. He was talking about the article written and how facts are facts and you can't make crap up. He was talking to her but never accused her of writing the article or anything.

His ending comment about Paschal Chukwu was rather juvenile and uncalled for, especially for someone at his level to spew. A question was asked about PC and how he was progressing, etc. and JB replied that he's got a ways to go...a work in progress, etc. But then again he just couldn't help himself and his inner 'Trump' reared its ugly head again by uttering, "I just hope it happens in my lifetime." Oh LordOh Lord

The humanity!!! I often get the sense that people on this board comment on JB's behavior without actually watching or listening to his pressers. He didn't yell at anybody. He wasn't in a bad mood. He wasn't cranky or a dick or an a$$. Yet here we go again with the "poor Donna" nonsense. Maybe some of you should avoid venturing out of your safe spaces.

Really? I watched it. He was clearly in a bad mood and clearly acted like a jerk. He is so thin skinned it is amazing. His trashing of players is bothersome and he does it in situations like last night because he wants to keep expectations low and he does that because of how thin skinned he is about the media saying later that they didn't live up to something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom