JB remark | Syracusefan.com

JB remark

JB's comment about Kadary sounds to me like he will be our back up point guard. Was maybe misleading when someone commented on Kadary practicing with the forwards...
I think Kadary will split time at the front and back of the zone in order to maximize his PT. I also think it’s reasonable to assume if he’s playing the 3 with Buddy and JG3 in, that Kadary will be the primary ball handler

I think Kadary will split time at the front and back of the zone in order to maximize his PT. I also think it’s reasonable to assume if he’s playing the 3 with Buddy and JG3 in, that Kadary will be the primary ball handler
My guess: if 1) JG has improved his game as reported & as I expect he has, and 2) Kadary is as good as JB reportedly thinks he is, they are going to pretty much split up the PG PT. If there's an edge in PG PT to one of them, I'll guess it will be in Kadary's favor, although I'm beyond certain that JB will want to give JG all the minutes he can in that scenario. But ultimately, JB's always gonna play his best five (as he sees it) whenever the game's on the line. Of that, we can be certain...

My guess: if 1) JG has improved his game as reported & as I expect he has, and 2) Kadary is as good as JB reportedly thinks he is, they are going to pretty much split up the PG PT. If there's an edge in PG PT to one of them, I'll guess it will be in Kadary's favor, although I'm beyond certain that JB will want to give JG all the minutes he can in that scenario. But ultimately, JB's always gonna play his best five (as he sees it) whenever the game's on the line. Of that, we can be certain...
I'm also gonna predict that Marek is going to be JB's 1st scoring option, or at least no worse than 2nd. Up to this year, he almost always passed the ball, but we saw him last year looking for his shot. I see him now as a senior determined to make the other team realize that they're gonna have to stop him from scoring or else. Thinking Rakeem Christmas here. And if they start to double up on him, we know he'll have no problem finding the open man. May lead the team in scoring...

I’m pretty optimistic about the team being better offensively, even though we lost our best player.
-Sid finished strong. It seems likely that will carryover and he’s supposedly put on some good weight.
-There is no reason not to expect more improvement from Buddy.
-I don’t see any reason not to expect a jump in consistency and production from Joe as a sophomore.
-Relying on Griffin to offset a good portion of Hughes production is a much safer bet than a freshman IMO.
-I think it’s reasonable to expect Kadary to be able to provide another scoring option and ball handler off the bench. He will essentially be the back up for buddy Joe and Griffin when they rest.
-A healthy and more experienced Quincy should be much improved.
-Marek is a good fit with anyone offensively.
-There is actually a lot of front line depth which is mostly unknown but at least there’s options.

All that being said I am more interested in seeing if and how our defense and rebounding improves. I think this team will be as good if not better than last year‘s team offensively but I don’t think that’s enough to be a really good team. We need to be tough on the boards get some extra scoring in transition off of turnovers and play a much higher level of defense than we did last year.

Last edited:
Trying to be optimistic since this team has a lot of good/great parts, but...
Hate to be a skeptic- i love JB but honestly we’ve all seen this movie before, and we should all expect the same ending. By February I expect the same 6-7 guys to be splitting time, and we’ll be back to hoping there’s no injuries or fatigue to end our season prematurely. I sincerely hope to be proven wrong.

I believe this is the best team in a long time. Kadary is legit. Jesse is going to play a solid amount this year and not sure if I shared this here but JBs message to Marek - “everytime you touch the ball, try and score. If you don’t, you’re coming out” ... I want Marek to have long leash and green light. This team thrives if he does what he’s been doing In practice

I believe this is the best team in a long time. Kadary is legit. Jesse is going to play a solid amount this year and not sure if I shared this here but JBs message to Marek - “everytime you touch the ball, try and score. If you don’t, you’re coming out” ... I want Marek to have long leash and green light. This team thrives if he does what he’s been doing In practice
That's basically what I meant by Marek being JB's 1st scoring option this yr. And I think he's mentally ready for it, as he's the most experienced key player on the team. It's his team, in a way...

That's basically what I meant by Marek being JB's 1st scoring option this yr. And I think he's mentally ready for it, as he's the most experienced key player on the team. It's his team, in a way...

Will be interesting to see how he does as a senior.

I think of Ryan Blackwell - he was like 10-12 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists and good defense...for 3 years. Which was rock solid - but it’s where he maxed out and he didn’t have that star player level in him.

Marek had Blackwell type numbers last year...will be interesting to see if that’s about his max, or if he’s got another level to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom