JB's new title: Special assistant to the athletic director | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's new title: Special assistant to the athletic director

Assistant Manager? No, Assistant to the Manager
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Why would they emphasis an 18-14 season that happened a few years ago in his bio?

The architect of numerous remarkable campaigns, Boeheim added another one to the books in 2019-20 in an 18-14 campaign halted by the national pandemic.

Why would they emphasis an 18-14 season that happened a few years ago in his bio?

The architect of numerous remarkable campaigns, Boeheim added another one to the books in 2019-20 in an 18-14 campaign halted by the national pandemic.

Well technically they won the last game played in the ACC tournament so its sort of like they won it

He is 78. Just retire. My a..ss is done at 62.
I agree 100%. I really love my job. The software I help create protects police officer's lives and helps them with their job. But once I can, I'm outta there.

It's important to love what you do, but it's equally important to be able to leave what you love and find something new.

Jackson is “Buddy”.
Jamie is “Sissy”.
I feel like that would be awkward if he accidentally mixed those up and called Buddy the wrong name.

"Hey Sissy come sit down and tell me how things are going with the Pistons."

I imagine he’ll be at every game up in the university’s box. He’s at all the FB games - right?

I feel like that would be awkward if he accidentally mixed those up and called Buddy the wrong name.

"Hey Sissy come sit down and tell me how things are going with the Pistons."
And that’s when Juli knew it was time for Jim to stop the public appearances.

Everybody is different but he's 78, I would want to do nothing but leisure at that age, hell, I'd like to retire at 62 and have zero responsibilities and do very little. Then again, I'm lazy and he's a HOF basketball coach, he's obviously more motivated than the average Joe like me.
I don’t think we can even begin to imagine the drive inside Jim Boeheim.

Soo not sure how many of you work in a corporation/big size company but this position is just a “name” and has no real meaning or requirements. My last CEO was essentially fired and given this title as “Special assistant to the board”. I was super close with him and it was just a “title” to pay him for the next two years. I’m assuming this is in the same realm

Yeah it's common. Often you see executive consultants in the corporate world who work on demand/request only.

Yeah it's common. Often you see executive consultants in the corporate world who work on demand/request only.

It’s better than being responsible for “special projects”. In my experience whenever someone in upper upper management got reassigned and had special projects in their title, the only project they had was finding a new job within 3 months.

i hope "special assistant's" salary is 2$ dollars a year or else all goes back to the university fund cuz we owe this multimillionaire nothing more. if he wants to VOLUNTEER his time i'm cool with it. but if he wants more money screw him.

Yup, that’s how it works. Legends get made up titles
got it. you're not familiar with how this works. Actually just happen to a university as well, same maneuver, the president was moved to "Special assistant to the Board" here in Arizona.

Soo not sure how many of you work in a corporation/big size company but this position is just a “name” and has no real meaning or requirements. My last CEO was essentially fired and given this title as “Special assistant to the board”. I was super close with him and it was just a “title” to pay him for the next two years. I’m assuming this is in the same realm
That’s what you think? There is a massive athletics department capital campaign going on right now, and they’re going to need Jimmy’s help with all that fundraising. That’s the kind of thing he probably had little time for before.

Last edited:
got it. you're not familiar with how this works. Actually just happen to a university as well, same maneuver, the president was moved to "Special assistant to the Board" here in Arizona.
No. I am well aware how it works. We just ousted our CTO and he became a "Special advisor to the Board". If JB wasnt a legend, he would've just been booted.

It may have to do with contractual obligations.

Regardless, having Jimmy on board has to be a plus.