JB's Postgame Presser | Richmond | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Postgame Presser | Richmond

So were us fans. It’s refreshing to see JB see the game the same way as us fans again. The dad blinders are off again. It’s actually encouraging.

He just trashed two guys he played all 2H and OT without subbing.

I agree they played poorly on D and rebounding. Believe me, I’m with him on that.

Why didn’t the coach sub anyone?

We’re 4 games in…let’s see what he does going forward.

I have 2 years ago deeply ingrained in me. I’ll take your advice and give it some time.

You also said you didn’t watch the first half. There’s not much to add until you watch the whole game.

Just making sure you weren’t mistakenly calling me out again

They played excellent D down the stretch. I don’t know if I’m one of the ones ‘looking around,’ but they objectively played excellent D in the last 10 minutes (when I said they did).
Eh….felt more like bad / tight offense by Richmond. They frigging threw the ball to us in the most important possession of the game.

Eh….felt more like bad / tight offense by Richmond. They frigging threw the ball to us in the most important possession of the game.
They weren’t missing open shots. They had guys in their face. And we played the passing lanes much better.

Again, in the last 5 minutes of regulation and OT.

I don’t think that presser was bad at all. Sure he pointed out a lot of negative things, but they were all correct. He didn’t rant or go into any rage so it was good.

I don’t love him ignoring the brown question, I think he’s earned playing time but I don’t know the game well enough to claim he’s been playing truly sound defense, he might just be on favorable end of opposing teams bad plays (although I doubt it). Also equally possible JB views this team as offense needed-defense helpful

I don’t think that presser was bad at all. Sure he pointed out a lot of negative things, but they were all correct. He didn’t rant or go into any rage so it was good.
Good to see the old dog still likes to bark

The thing is of Benny, Bell, Taylor, and Brown, none of them are so much better than the others as to warrant never leaving the floor for entire halves.

If you want to play Jesse, Joe, Judah— clearly our best 3 players— for the entire game I could understand especially when Joe is having a good shooting night. The forwards are much more murky, and probably will be all year.

He just trashed two guys he played all 2H and OT without subbing.

I agree they played poorly on D and rebounding. Believe me, I’m with him on that.

Why didn’t the coach sub anyone?
Someone in another thread thought it was about giving the starting forwards confidence. I don’t know if I agree. If true, though, then we pretty much know JB’s vision: in order to reach their full potential, this team needs Bell to be like Southerland and Williams to be the player everyone thought he would be.

Maybe four games is too small of a sample size…it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. So the expectation would be for JB to adjust. He’s sticking to his guns because playing Brown over Williams lowers our ceiling.

Not saying I agree. Just trying to figure out JB’s mindset.

I thought his differentiating the Colgate game where the defense wasn't even in the vicinity was interesting. I watched the highlights (lowlights for us) on the ACC network YouTube channel and Bell and Williams were much closer than I thought to contesting those shots he referenced. They just kind of gave up at the last second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom