JB's Presser after EMU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after EMU

yeah I mean the fact that JB didn't use it once last night is a pretty good indication he'll only resort to it now if we're down big in the 2nd half

That's all he's ever used it for.

I wonder if the loss of BS will impact that 'longest/tallest' team we had previously. I have to think it does.
Not in terms of the starters, which is what it is based on.

The team drop off is large now without PC. JB will need to do coaching that has as one of its focuses foul maintenance on PC. That would mean limited pressing and slowing the game down.

Anyone think JB is looking at our football roster to see who could come and suit up for us? I am not joking.

JB said they'd see what he could do on Friday in practice. Sounds like that's when the decision to red shirt will be made.

The way I interpreted it was that the Friday practice was more to see if he might be able to play Sunday, as they would be better served to hold off on a redshirt announcement -- they can stretch it out and see if he heals -- as long as he doesn't play he would be still eligible for a shirt (thus, it wouldn't make sense to make a decision on it this week, especially since they are already down to 8 players now as it is).

The way I interpreted it was that the Friday practice was more to see if he might be able to play Sunday, as they would be better served to hold off on a red shirt announcement -- they can stretch it out and see if he heals -- as long as he doesn't play he would be still eligible for a shirt (thus, it wouldn't make sense to make a decision on it this week, especially since they are already down to 8 players now).
I think the timeframe for a decision is the problem. Besides, if he isn't going to play, let's get it over with.

I think the timeframe for a decision is the problem. Besides, if he isn't going to play, let's get it over with.
Not really. As nycfan said above, they can hold off, see if he progresses, see if he can practice at full speed and then decide - no decision necessary in the interim as long as he doesn't play in a game

edit: in a way they've made a "half" decision now - keep him from playing game #11 until there's strong indication he can play "a lot"

Last edited:
Already played in 12 games before the knee acted up. The cut-off is 10.

Made no difference that he played mop up minutes in a 13th game late in the season.
This is not correct I asked Jim on the show he's played in 10 games not 12

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom