JB's Presser after FSU | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after FSU

The team does a better job with the press than JB.

EDIT: still watching, I may edit this.
EDIT 2: Some humor in this one, enjoying it more than most of the dry ones.
EDIT 3: I think he did well, kept composed, yet still had a balance of some sarcastic humor. His press conference performance outranked the team's tonight, unfortunately. I know I felt better about it than the game(even though like him, I was impressed with the valiant way they battled back).

Last edited:
The team does a better job with the press than JB.

EDIT: still watching, I may edit this.
EDIT 2: Some humor in this one, enjoying it more than most of the dry ones.
EDIT 3: I think he did well, kept composed, yet still had a balance of some sarcastic humor. His press conference performance outranked the team's tonight, unfortunately. I know I felt better about it than the game(even though like him, I was impressed with the valiant way they battled back).
It's okay to not play well, as long as you play hard, which they did.

I thought he was spot on with his assessment of Frank. I still can't believe he actually expects more from Chewy at this point, but he sees more of him than I do. How demoralizing must it be for Chukwu to hear the line "he can't catch the ball"?

I can't understand why anyone would ever pass to Pascal. There is simply no reason to do so.

I thought he was spot on with his assessment of Frank. I still can't believe he actually expects more from Chewy at this point, but he sees more of him than I do. How demoralizing must it be for Chukwu to hear the line "he can't catch the ball"?

I can't understand why anyone would ever pass to Pascal. There is simply no reason to do so.

On occasion there is, when people are moving and drawing defenders, but not so much for post ups.

Maybe if he was preparing for fsu instead of gallivanting at the super bowl.

I just like to see a gameplan. Some evidence from our defensive and offensive sets that we've prepared for the unique challenge that the opponent brings. The moves we make, at least to my novice eye, often seem reactive. And they do work a good amount of the time, no doubt. But would the result have been different, for example, if we had started out pressing them?

I just like to see a gameplan. Some evidence from our defensive and offensive sets that we've prepared for the unique challenge that the opponent brings. The moves we make, at least to my novice eye, often seem reactive. And they do work a good amount of the time, no doubt. But would the result have been different, for example, if we had started out pressing them?

I mentioned before the game that we needed a strategy to get the ball up court quickly without relying on our guards (especially Frank) to bring the ball up against pressure. We didn't do that.

I mentioned before the game that we needed a strategy to get the ball up court quickly without relying on our guards (especially Frank) to bring the ball up against pressure. We didn't do that.

You listen to Boeheim and he just seems resigned to the fact that certain players and teams are just going to bash our brains in. He may be right but it's frustrating to hear it.

just call timeouts and inbound in the frontcourt.

That quote in context was actually pascal cant catch that particular pass. It was a difficult pass for anyone to catch. It was a terrible pass/decision by frank.

That quote in context was actually pascal cant catch that particular pass. It was a difficult pass for anyone to catch. It was a terrible pass/decision by frank.
Yup. You're right.

Good call, but the team's hands as a hole(edit: I was going to fix it but maybe it was a freudian slip) didn't look phenomenal tonight, to put it mildly. Heck, their ability to stand upright didnt look so good tonight either.

I think the comments about Chuckwu were qualified by "in traffic when he is on the move" even if he didn't actually say that. When Frank threw the pass that he was referring to, I was yelling "Noooo" at my TV before it was fumbled away.

A good passer knows the limitations of the recipient of the pass.

I also don't think he expects much out of Chuckwu, just rebounding, shot alteration and be active on defense. When you don't get that from him and you get foul trouble it's disappointing.

I keep hearing about running offensive sets and putting in full game plans. You need a PG to do that. This team doesn't have one.

it is unbelievable how many turnovers frank has from trying to pass to chukwu. youd think after frank's 50th turnover in the last 2 years trying to pass to chukwu hed say to himself "maybe i should stop throwing lobs and alley oops to him". but nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There was a game-plan. It was to allow a team that shot 33 % from 3 to beat us with the 3-pointer. They did.

Just because a game-plan doesn't work doesn't mean there is not a plan.

has he dared take a shot at buddy yet ? "buddy did good things ...he is a threat "

blamed a couple guards for slipping. oshae for missing an easy conversion. and crapped on frank and PC.
do we ever see him (and i'm not saying buddy can't ball ) laying into his own son ? does he have it in him ?

A team that shot 33% all season shot 50% yesterday.

A team that shot 33% all season shot 25% yesterday.

That's how averages work, though. We are, based on the numbers, a below average 3pt shooting team. We won a few games where we were very hot from deep. There is more to basketball than just hoping the averages go in your favor each game.

has he dared take a shot at buddy yet ? "buddy did good things ...he is a threat "

blamed a couple guards for slipping. oshae for missing an easy conversion. and crapped on frank and PC.
do we ever see him (and i'm not saying buddy can't ball ) laying into his own son ? does he have it in him ?

I don’t think he “blamed” anyone. He gave a pretty straight forward account of what happens when you miss a layup a player would be expected to make and the other team converts that into a basket. That’s a four-point negative play and not just a two point one.

But the more interesting part of the post is the amount of personal animus the author has to even suggest that JB is favoring his son in press conferences based on what we saw in this one or any other one.

I’d describe that charge as scurrilous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom