JB's Presser after Louisville | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Louisville

digging the first 20 seconds

"Wrong guy got it"

I don't have a problem with JB saying this, but what an unfortunate career Robersons had.

Edit: ahhh god there he goes, no faith in his player. Ugh.

JB gives the whole team love and kills Roberson - "I knew he wasn't gonna make it" - yikes

JB for all his greatness has a serious flaw. Roberson just did what he has his whole career here. Not sure what JB would have expected. He does not have the right personnel and offense to fit his talent. Give it a rest Jimmy, you've said enough on Roberson.

Did he take yet another dig at Roberson?
Not really any typical shots at Roberson but he made a point to complement nearly ever other players and made it plain and clear that he had no faith in Roberson making those two free throws and went as far to say that the wrong player made the rebound.

I think it's a ridiculous thing to say. You can't have a wrong player get a rebound, beggars can't be choosers. Roberson was playing to win and shouldn't be shamed for it.

Man, how could Roberson not have confidence going to the line with faith like that!!!

What does he mean 0-8?? Didn't he make two in a row last game?

Not really any typical shots at Roberson but he made a point to complement nearly ever other players and made it plain and clear that he had no faith in Roberson making those two free throws and went as far to say that the wrong player made the rebound.

I think it's a ridiculous thing to say. You can't have a wrong player get a rebound, beggars can't be choosers. Roberson was playing to win and shouldn't be shamed for it.

JB had Roberson in the game, for fruck's sake, too. Did the staff think TT had fouled out? Where there heck was he down the stretch? He only got in to try to rebound TR's second FT. TT was a scoring machine in the second half before picking up his 4th. JB obviously loathes TR, so why was he playing him in crunch time and OT?

These writers are such cowards. They're afraid to ask any tough questions. All they ask is mundane stuff. What did you think of the effort? No strategy questions at all. What's the thinking on some of these key possessions? Why is defensive rebounding so poor giving teams 2-3 shots regularly? I realize these guys are afraid of getting yelled at and blacklisted from asking questions in the future.

Yeah, he had missed his last 10 prior to that.
Robey was never a good free throw shooter but he wasn't awful either. This year he can't make anything. Very strange to see a guy decline so much. He just has been crushed by JB this year. It's sad to see and not a good look for JB.

These writers are such cowards. They're afraid to ask any tough questions. All they ask is mundane stuff. What did you think of the effort? No strategy questions at all. What's the thinking on some of these key possessions? Why is defensive rebounding so poor giving teams 2-3 shots regularly? I realize these guys are afraid of getting yelled at and blacklisted from asking questions in the future.

I agree, they almost never ask about specific plays or strategy. An easy one (I don't have the stat sheet right now, so I'm making up these stats): "Coach, Taurean scored 8 (?) quick points in the second half. After he got his 4th foul, he didn't get back in until Roberson's second FT at the end of OT. Why did he ride the bench down the stretch?"

I agree, they almost never ask about specific plays or strategy. An easy one (I don't have the stat sheet right now, so I'm making up these stats): "Coach, Taurean scored 8 (?) quick points in the second half. After he got his 4th foul, he didn't get back in until Roberson's second FT at the end of OT. Why did he ride the bench down the stretch?"

Pretty sure he was pulled because his defense was awful as usual.

Completely agree about the questions though. They are so timid.

Robey was never a good free throw shooter but he wasn't awful either. This year he can't make anything. Very strange to see a guy decline so much. He just has been crushed by JB this year. It's sad to see and not a good look for JB.

That was in my article I wrote this week. Roberson's FT shooting has eroded something like this: 68%, then 64%, then 54%. This year, he's under 50%. It's close to that. That was off the top of my head.

That was in my article I wrote this week. Roberson's FT shooting has eroded something like this: 68%, then 64%, then 54%. This year, he's under 50%. It's close to that. That was off the top of my head.

His shot has gotten more robotic and strange every year he's been here. It's like we're coaching him down, or someone takes him each summer and unteaches him how to shoot normal.

Pretty sure he was pulled because his defense was awful as usual.

Completely agree about the questions though. They are so timid.

That's likely the answer but JB may have said it was to get some more rebounding. Roberson wasn't even giving us that. He had 4 rebounds in the second half but 2-3 were uncontested rebounds off missed Louisville FT's. They abused him on the offensive glass. Just abused him. And we were clicking with TT in on offense. JB couldve at least gone offense/ defense if he wanted. It was lazy coaching IMO. Bizarre, really.

His shot has gotten more robotic and strange every year he's been here. It's like we're coaching him down, or someone takes him each summer and unteaches him how to shoot normal.

To paraphrase an annoying Cranberries song, "it's in your head. In your head... Zombie, zombie, zombie...eeee...eeee..eeee." He is just shattered. A shell.

TT had 1 rebound in 18 minutes. That I suspect is why he got yanked. He wasn't banging for rebounds. But the offense is so much better with him in.

So he comes out of High School a much better free throw shooter than leaving Syracuse. I think Boeheim just does not care about free throw shooting other than ripping players after a game because of it.

TT had 1 rebound in 18 minutes. That I suspect is why he got yanked. He wasn't banging for rebounds. But the offense is so much better with him in.

He really puts in so little effort to rebound it's shocking. That 4th foul...my god, that was the saddest display I've seen in forever on the defensive glass. He did nothing, made no attempt to rebound, then still picked up the foul doing nothing.

So he comes out of High School a much better free throw shooter than leaving Syracuse. I think Boeheim just does not care about free throw shooting other than ripping players after a game because of it.

I followed Roberson closely in high school. Almost positive he was over 70% from the line. He was clutch too, as a FT shooter and a shooter, period. The dude was a clutch go-to guy. He has been shattered to dust. JB keeps piling on. I don't get it. He's his coach. How about massaging the kid's ego on occasion? The doghouse routine just doesn't work with Roberson. It's been obvious for several years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom