JB's Presser after Louisville | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Louisville

JB to his fault bluntly speaks what's on his mind, no candy coating, finessing, filtering, etc. Nothing new really, he is who he is. Saying he knew Robey wasn't going to make those free throws isn't any different than what 99.9% of us thought as well.

He really puts in so little effort to rebound it's shocking. That 4th foul...my god, that was the saddest display I've seen in forever on the defensive glass. He did nothing, made no attempt to rebound, then still picked up the foul doing nothing.

It's obvious the kid loves to score. Doesn't he realize getting a rebound could help him score more points? Same with defense. Defense to offense. He will likely get an NBA contract just based on his offensive skills. Maybe that's all he gives up a crap about? That's hard to believe.

JB to his fault bluntly speaks what's on his mind, no candy coating, finessing, etc. Nothing new really, he is who he is. Saying he knew Robey wasn't going to make those free throws isn't any different than what 99.9% of us thought as well.

I love that bluntness but bite your tongue in that spot. And when TR has a decent game, say it loud and clear. He didn't even rave about him during his post-game interview following the (at) Duke game last year.

I love that bluntness but bite your tongue in that spot. And when TR has a decent game, say it loud and clear. He didn't even rave about him during his on-court interview following the (at) Duke game last year.

I think he's blunt and that's good and bad... but at this stage after it hasn't worked he's not trying to motivate he's just in Cartman mode that he's gonna say what he wants...

This is not a good thing or a good look for recruits.

I followed Roberson closely in high school. Almost positive he was over 70% from the line. He was clutch too, as a FT shooter and a shooter, period. The dude was a clutch go-to guy. He has been shattered to dust. JB keeps piling on. I don't get it. He's his coach. How about massaging the kid's ego on occasion? The doghouse routine just doesn't work with Roberson. It's been obvious for several years.

Okay, just went back and followed my own advice and watched some HS clips...he's out at halfcourt killing clock and going between his legs then taking it all the way to the rim. lol...I'm sure that wasn't an every day occurrence, and it's HS, but he's soooooo much more fluid with the ball in every aspect of his game. He's so rigid and stiff now in every part of his game. Did we pour concrete down his throat?

JB (again) looking/sounding poorly regarding Robey - I don't get why he has to go there pretty much every presser...
that said, did anyone have faith that he would make either FT?

JB seems to field every question as some sort of a confrontation. short, snide, snippy answers. someone here posted bennett's presser after his loss to us last week . thoughtful courteous answers to the same pool.
big shirt . bigger ego. i'm smarter than everybody. not a very fitting or attractive quality in anybody.

(obligatory shirt comments added)

Last edited:
JB (again) looking/sounding poorly regarding Robey - I don't get why he has to go there pretty much every presser...

I actually figured he would make the second one since he was trying to miss it.

Yeah, but the ONE guy that should not be saying that publicly is the coach. Maybe JB should instead talk about how we often seem to have players that stagnate or even regress at free throw shooting. Or maybe JB should talk about his winner of a play call at the end of regulation or our dazzling half court offense tonight.

No confidence he'd make the first. JB wanted him to miss the second and he nearly made it.
Maybe he should try to miss going forward. SMH.

JB seems to field every question as some sort of a confrontation. short, snide, snippy answers. someone here posted bennett's presser after his loss to us last week . thoughtful courteous answers to the same pool.
big shirt . bigger ego. i'm smarter than everybody. not a very fitting or attractive quality in anybody.

(obligatory shirt comments added)

This post could've been pulled out of the archives for every JB presser, but the Roberson stuff mystifies me. JB should go back to not playing him in meaningful minutes if he has zero confidence in him.

This post could've been pulled out of the archives for every JB presser, but the Roberson stuff mystifies me. JB should go back to not playing him in meaningful minutes if he has zero confidence in him.
yeah was he not supposed to battle for the rebound and then not go back up with it?

maybe he was also supposed to miss the fts but not try to rebound them lest he get fouled.

Did anyone else notice he didn't have that water cup with him? I thought the was like his security blanket/comfort object. Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention, but I just thought he always had the cup.

Take another nap, JB

Roberson, and some fans, are likely hoping for a Rip Van Winkle-lengthed nap after that comment. I can only think of 1 comment worse than that on here in the last...few days.

White shoots an air ball from 25 ft and some how it ends up being Robersons fault for
Catching it and going back up. A super dickish comment by the coach...of course the percentages were against a make but do you really need to say that?

I hated the drive by Gillian at the end of regulation...he has very spotty results going to the basket and you know the refs are going to swallow the whistle.

And white shooting an off balance 3 from 25 ft at the end of OT...sheesh.

These writers are such cowards. They're afraid to ask any tough questions. All they ask is mundane stuff. What did you think of the effort? No strategy questions at all. What's the thinking on some of these key possessions? Why is defensive rebounding so poor giving teams 2-3 shots regularly? I realize these guys are afraid of getting yelled at and blacklisted from asking questions in the future.

They get so much praise on here, but the beat writers constantly fail to ask basic follow-up questions like this.

There's a reason this site, rather than a professional news organization, is the go-to place for SU sports information.

JB is no saint

Sorry if you're offended by an honest comment

To paraphrase an annoying Cranberries song, "it's in your head. In your head... Zombie, zombie, zombie...eeee...eeee..eeee." He is just shattered. A shell.

I actually kind of like that song...like a slightly more modern version of something from U2 about the fighting with the Irish...and a version that rocked much harder. Nothing against U2, I was listening to their greatest hits the last time I was *****ing b*lls. Pretty inspiring, yet lamentful stuff...kind of like this game.

syracuse beat reporters remember all too well the little boy who fell into the gorilla pen and therefore they all stand 8 -10 paces back from the edge. sad really cuz as readers we don't ever get to see the whole exhibit.

Last edited:
syracuse beat reporters remember all too well the little boy who fell into the gorilla pen and therefore they all stand 8 -10 paces back from the edge. sad really cuz as readers we don't get to see the whole exhibit.

Are you talking about Andy Katz? Even upon falling in, he still had that trademark "grin" that never seems to leave his face. Is that plastic surgery or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom