JB's Presser after UNC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after UNC

micro : we have 2 guards . macro : why is that ?
what happened and how could this dilemma been avoided. big questions.
93896767.jpg

well he expects me to anticipate possible problems areas and deal with them.
but i don't make nearly the coin JB does or pull all the levers to ensure profitability. i answer to the higher ups. and am held accountable for my judgements or lack thereof. unlike some people.

Last edited:
my boss wouldn't accept that answer. and sorry but i've got a lot of these dudes on ignore and don't hear all the questions.

Unless your boss is an Athletic Director and you’re a college head coach, this is quite possibly the worst post in this board’s long history. And that’s not easy to do.

If I were you I’d probably put everyone on ignore.

well you're reading my posts so like me perhaps you enjoy reading different opinions . a board where everybody agrees with everybody would i imagine be a pretty dull place. the people who'd enjoy that dull place i put on ignore.

but i don't make nearly the coin JB does or pull all the levers to ensure profitability. i answer to the higher ups. and am held accountable for my judgements or lack thereof. unlike some people.

We had a full roster. Can your boss make in season additions?

You have a boss who expects you to be a magical seer to anticipate illnesses, injuries while dealing with a hiring freeze? Great job, reasonable boss and awesome mystical powers you you have there. :cool:

well you're reading my posts so like me perhaps you enjoy reading different opinions . a board where everybody agrees with everybody would i imagine be a pretty dull place. the people who'd enjoy that dull place i put on ignore.

You have a boss who expects you to be a magical seer to anticipate illnesses, injuries while dealing with a hiring freeze? Great job, reasonable boss and awesome mystical powers you you have there. :cool:
are-you-wizard.jpg

Who would you have played since tbone won’t answer.

Thorpe should have played more while he was still here and HoWa while he was healthy.

There are games like Oakland where Battle is playing 38 mins for no reason. Against Maryland, OB, Frank and Battle played a combined 117/120 minutes. Thorpe played 4. HoWa played 0.

Now, we barely won that game and the argument against any change would be that we lose if those guys don't play that much. To me, it's worth losing that game to get guys PT against a team like Maryland.

Tyus and OB played 40 each against Kansas. Why? Against UConn, the main three guys played 117/120 minutes. Against Colgate, 120/120 minutes.

You see where I'm going.

Here is my assertion, JB plays to win the game that's next versus winning the season now (maybe he always has). They are very different things.

These guys cannot play at a sustained level while going 38/39 mpg. It's not realistic. Otherwise every team would play the best five players 40 a game and LeBron would be playing 48mpg in the NBA.

IMO, JB is conceding the season in order to win a few more games early rather than peak later.

Best post in the thread. Maybe of the day. You are not a parrot, have courage, and think for yourself. I like that, even if I don't always agree.

Of course, whomever you were replying to(really the thread in general) could have far less noble intent than you gave them credit for, and were likely going after a perceived "soft target" to gangbang and take out their aggression on, which is the standard MO of many on here. The rest of your post is truth, though.

Notice though, that when Iommi said much of the same thing, he received a lot of likes whereas you just received scorn. I learned to ask myself why this is, and then decided whether or not I was able to maintain dealing with things the way they were, or changing to be more liked by a lower common denominator.

Last edited:
Thorpe should have played more while he was still here and HoWa while he was healthy.

There are games like Oakland where Battle is playing 38 mins for no reason. Against Maryland, OB, Frank and Battle played a combined 117/120 minutes. Thorpe played 4. HoWa played 0.

Now, we barely won that game and the argument against any change would be that we lose if those guys don't play that much. To me, it's worth losing that game to get guys PT against a team like Maryland.

Tyus and OB played 40 each against Kansas. Why? Against UConn, the main three guys played 117/120 minutes. Against Colgate, 120/120 minutes.

You see where I'm going.

Here is my assertion, JB plays to win the game that's next versus winning the season now (maybe he always has). They are very different things.

These guys cannot play at a sustained level while going 38/39 mpg. It's not realistic. Otherwise every team would play the best five players 40 a game and LeBron would be playing 48mpg in the NBA.

IMO, JB is conceding the season in order to win a few more games early rather than peak later.

More PT for Washington wouldn’t have prevented his injury. And it would have taken a lot more PT for Thorpe to be happy.

Tbone, why dont you just ask them how many players Boeheim plays when he does have 13 scholarship players?

More PT for Washington wouldn’t have prevented his injury. And it would have taken a lot more PT for Thorpe to be happy.

Can you be absolutely certain of that? One doesnt need a degree in physiology to understand the basic concept of the butterfly effect and cast doubt upon that assumption.

There's a lot of "cherry picking" being attempted in this thread, and although I dont have a horse in the race, it's fun watching someone with a breakaway get swatted away...same with Leon Lett's touchdown in the Super Bowl.

Can you be absolutely certain of that? One doesnt need a degree in physiology to understand the basic concept of the butterfly effect and cast doubt upon that assumption.

Would moreplaying time prevent Washington from tearing his ACL? No. That's not how it works.

Can you prove it that more PT would have prevented a practice injury?

This season has been a success and I won’t question playing Brissett, Battle, Howard 40 during the conference season but these posters saying who would you play are such strawman creators.

These are the same people blaming sanctions for some our problems.

You can’t have it both ways. JB didn’t care about giving HoWa playing time to develop in the nonconference he wanted to win those games over gambling with developing a prospect.

Some coaches who are successful as well do play to win and develop.

Diversity of opinion is a good thing. Not smug trying to corner people and circle the wagons crap. It is so annoying.
The opinion of short rotations being a problem can be legitimate and there can be a reasonable explanation this season for why it’s done but it’s still a legitimate opinion over the last decades.

HoWa got injured in a noncontact drill it had nothing to do with PT.
He still wasn’t going to play if he was healthy though.

This season has been a success and I won’t question playing Brissett, Battle, Howard 40 during the conference season but these posters saying who would you play are such strawman creators.

These are the same people blaming sanctions for some our problems.

You can’t have it both ways. JB didn’t care about giving HoWa playing time to develop in the nonconference he wanted to win those games over gambling with developing a prospect.

Some coaches who are successful as well do play to win and develop.

Diversity of opinion is a good thing. Not smug trying to corner people and circle the wagons crap. It is so annoying.
The opinion of short rotations being a problem can be legitimate and there can be a reasonable explanation this season for why it’s done but it’s still a legitimate opinion over the last decades.

Sanctions were/are part of our problem.

And it is completely valid to ask who to play with the lone exception of Washington. Every other player on the roster played.

For sure.

But it would have helped OB/Frank/Tyus now. The minutes catch up.

Moot now, so fingers crossed we get in and go on a run.