JB's Presser after UNC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after UNC

Sanctions were/are part of our problem.

And it is completely valid to ask who to play with the lone exception of Washington. Every other player on the roster played.
This season there is a reason for the short rotation.
I wouldn’t question it this year.
However the opinion JB should work on developing his bench when he has a full roster is a legitimate point.
This season it’s obvious why we don’t go deep.
Hopefully next year we have a rotation deeper than 7.5.

Are you able to articulate it any less cryptically than that?

I said it exactly as I wanted and it’s not cryptic at all.

well you're reading my posts so like me perhaps you enjoy reading different opinions . a board where everybody agrees with everybody would i imagine be a pretty dull place. the people who'd enjoy that dull place i put on ignore.
I love the idea that you're putting posters on ignore on that basis.

See, I'm giving Tbone a breather. That's how this concept works. :p

I mean it’s not a coincidence we had our best regular season when we had
Triche
Scoop
Waiters
Basically played 20-25 mpg each and we had a 4th guard who played 10’mpg.

Only one of those guys was an NBA player as well in the rotation. The 4th guy was as well but he didn’t play.

We should be able to find Triche and Scoop’s.

It’s been since 2014 we basically have played 2 guards 35+ mpg each year.
We can’t even get depth with a third quality guard in the rotation.

Sanctions aren’t why we can’t find 4 guards each year.

4 guards+ 4 forwards + 2 centers + 1
Project = 11

Why is that hard for us?

I said it exactly as I wanted and it’s not cryptic at all.

Ok, maybe that grammar is easier to decipher in the ghetto, but I guess I dont need to. You said you can prove it, so go ahead and do so.

Ok, maybe that grammar is easier to decipher in the ghetto, but I guess I dont need to. You said you can prove it, so go ahead and do so.

2 hints.

One, HOF is a poster you’ve been responding to.

Second, in the field means orthopedics.

Triche
Scoop
Waiters

Only one of those guys was an NBA player as well in the rotation. The 4th guy was as well but he didn’t play.

Project = 11

Why is that hard for us?

That’s what we had at the end of last summer.

That’s what we had at the end of last summer.
The project has to be an active scholarship player.
We are down 2 scholarships taking Hughes basically made it 3.

Thompson isn’t on the staff. He wanted out due to his mom and left.
Thorpe is on the staff. They recruited him. A 5th year guy isn’t coming to play low mpg.
He left.

The roster has not been managed correctly. We haven’t had a quality 4th guard in the rotation since 2012.
That is a fact.
Ennis- 35.7 mpg
Cooney- 32.1 mpg
Gbinije 14.1 mpg

Cooney-37.1 mpg
Joseph 27.1 mpg
Johnson 14.6 mpg

2016 Gbinije became the PG
Gbinije 37.9 mpg
Cooney 36.1 mpg
Howard 10.4 mpg
Joseph 6.1 mpg

Battle 30.7 mpg
Gillon 29.9 mpg
Howard 16.1 mpg

We haven’t had a 4th guard play double digit MPg since 2012.

Depth has been a major problem as well. You know why Cooney took crazy criticism because his coaching staff never found a 4th guy to actually be in the rotation it forced a role player who was good not great have to play the minutes of a superstar.

That shouldn’t happen.

A court of law allows you to use witnesses to prove your case. I call HOF to the stand.

lol, fair enough. Bring in the closer! I dont really have a horse in this race, just wanted to give tbone a break and get some "in game" action of my own, to be better conditioned for when I do feel passionately about something.

Best post in the thread. Maybe of the day. You are not a parrot, have courage, and think for yourself. I like that, even if I don't always agree.

Of course, whomever you were replying to(really the thread in general) could have far less noble intent than you gave them credit for, and were likely going after a perceived "soft target" to gangbang and take out their aggression on, which is the standard MO of many on here. The rest of your post is truth, though.

Notice though, that when Iommi said much of the same thing, he received a lot of likes whereas you just received scorn. I learned to ask myself why this is, and then decided whether or not I was able to maintain dealing with things the way they were, or changing to be more liked by a lower common denominator.

Tough comparison. Iommi not really my taste. I think he comes at both players and coaches too hard but you'll never see me say a word. Why?

He shows up win or lose and will dole out both praise and criticism. Hence, even if I don't agree with his approach, I recognize that he is just saying what he believes - good and bad and his style is his style. I'm ok with that.

Tbone? Different story.

Huge win over Clemson? Tbone makes like a tree and disappears.
Beat Wake? Not a word. Pas un mot. Nessun parola. Kein Wort.

Lose to NC...got good ole' Tbone posts coming out of the woodwork like termites on a cocktail of speed and HGH...

That is why Iommi will get likes for saying the same thing while Bob the Builder will get hammered...

Tough comparison. Iommi not really my taste. I think he comes at both players and coaches too hard but you'll never see me say a word. Why?

He shows up win or lose and will dole out both praise and criticism. Hence, even if I don't agree with his approach, I recognize that he is just saying what he believes - good and bad and his style is his style. I'm ok with that.

Tbone? Different story.

Huge win over Clemson? Tbone makes like a tree and disappears.
Beat Wake? Not a word. Pas un mot. Nessun parola. Kein Wort.

Lose to NC...got good ole' Tbone posts coming out of the woodwork like termites on a cocktail of speed and HGH...

That is why Iommi will get likes for saying the same thing while Bob the Builder will get hammered...

lol thanks for that. I wasnt around for chunks of the season(self imposed ban, like Rak's senior year) and missed those things you mentioned. I also tend to pay more attention to the messages and dont always notice the name attached to it(as evidenced in this thread when bees mentioned HOFCeluck lol).

You know, there was a time when folks like you say tbone is, were the majority on here. I remember my original role model on here got mocked pretty often for being too positive. I find it interesting how times have changed in the last decade or so on here. Anyhow, I appreciate your honest and good description, although I do reserve the right to say it may not apply to everyone in here for the same reason. We see how popularity works in schools, political elections, and society in general...although I wish more of the reasoning were like yours.

PS that made me laugh more than once, especially the jacked up termite analogy. It reminded me of posting forays on here in the days of old.

Triche
Scoop
Waiters

Project = 11

Why is that hard for us?
Because our recruiting presence was limited as well.
Plus, a couple of misses means you are behind on relationships.

Thorpe should have played more while he was still here and HoWa while he was healthy.

There are games like Oakland where Battle is playing 38 mins for no reason. Against Maryland, OB, Frank and Battle played a combined 117/120 minutes. Thorpe played 4. HoWa played 0.

Now, we barely won that game and the argument against any change would be that we lose if those guys don't play that much. To me, it's worth losing that game to get guys PT against a team like Maryland.

Tyus and OB played 40 each against Kansas. Why? Against UConn, the main three guys played 117/120 minutes. Against Colgate, 120/120 minutes.

You see where I'm going.

Here is my assertion, JB plays to win the game that's next versus winning the season now (maybe he always has). They are very different things.

These guys cannot play at a sustained level while going 38/39 mpg. It's not realistic. Otherwise every team would play the best five players 40 a game and LeBron would be playing 48mpg in the NBA.

IMO, JB is conceding the season in order to win a few more games early rather than peak later.
Who, based on his play while he was here, thought Thorpe deserved more minutes. He was horrendous. He made me long for Kaleb AND old Frank.

bad news that he's stubbornly clinging to his belief "players can play 40 "
What is he supposed to say,? The fact is, when he has good players, they play. Look at Sccop, Triche, Dion and frosh MCW.

micro : we have 2 guards . macro : why is that ?
what happened and how could this dilemma been avoided. big questions.
We had 4 at the beginning of the season.

my boss wouldn't accept that answer. and sorry but i've got a lot of these dudes on ignore and don't hear all the questions.
Your boss is an idiot then.
tbonezone's boss: Jim: why do you only have 2 guards.
Jim: We had 4 when the season started. One quit and the other got hurt and is out for the season.
Tbonezone's boss:. Replace them?
Jim: .How?
tbonezone's boss: Go to another school. Find someone else
Jim: we can't do that. It's tampering, it's illegal, and we have no more scholarships.
tbonezone's boss:. Well, I don't accept that.
Jim::confused:

Who, based on his play while he was here, thought Thorpe deserved more minutes. He was horrendous. He made me long for Kaleb AND old Frank.

1) you must believe a player cannot get better from game experience.

2) you value Thorpe not playing over saving our guards’ bodies and energy for later in the season.

Fine to feel that way, but it also handicapped us to a point that our guys have been playing exhausted for at least the last third of the season already.

But sure, if a guy isn’t Kyrie keep him on the bench and ride our guys straight into the ground.

See, I'm giving Tbone a breather. That's how this concept works. :p
appreciate it but i'm a big boy. the gist of this post and probably 200 others i've posted on this very topic over the years is that JB does not use his bench as a weapon but rather as a penalty box. i'll stick to this assertion until the day i ever see change. which as long as JB is around means never. i don't dislike JB. i've met him several times and call his show. but i do have problems with a few of his philosophies and this is chief among them. now who wants to talk about "zone" only ?

( and the BS narrative being spun about "disappearing after wins" by some of the brown nose elites is entirely false. i'm in the chat room most games and post after every game. you can do a search option if you like.)