JB's Presser after UNC | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after UNC

It’s a shame that the coaches are muzzled regarding officiating.

He “called out” the refs the only way he possibly can there without some sort of fine or repercussions to the program.

“Foul situation in the first half was crushing”

It truly was.

It’s a shame that the coaches are muzzled regarding officiating.

He “called out” the refs the only way he possibly can there without some sort of fine or repercussions to the program.

“Foul situation in the first half was crushing”

It truly was.

I agree. He also mentioned it in a reply, "I didnt put them on the line...the three guys with whistles did". I wish by now they'd make it easier to hear the reporters, being it looks like JB is already returning to form in press conferences.

I would say JB handled the post game presser better than Fran McCaffrey. He at least got a veiled jab at the officiating in. Of course maybe Fran was more restrained because he burned all of his available fine money with his comments coming off of the court.

After the game, according to the Toledo Blade and Columbus Dispatch, Fran McCaffery screamed, "You cheating m---------! You're a --ing disgrace!" at official Steve McJunkins as he pursued him down a hallway in Value City Arena.

No Fran, tell us how you really feel.

McCaffrey has a a few choice words for Referee

I would say JB handled the post game presser better than Fran McCaffrey. He at least got a veiled jab at the officiating in. Of course maybe Fran was more restrained because he burned all of his available fine money with his comments coming off of the court.

After the game, according to the Toledo Blade and Columbus Dispatch, Fran McCaffery screamed, "You cheating m---------! You're a --ing disgrace!" at official Steve McJunkins as he pursued him down a hallway in Value City Arena.

Fran's problem is he's a horrible defensive coach and a big baby when that gets exposed. I watch every Iowa game like I do Syracuse since my dad went to school there.

Fran's problem is he's a horrible defensive coach and a big baby when that gets exposed. I watch every Iowa game like I do Syracuse since my dad went to school there.

I've watched a lot of Iowa games myself this season, for no particular reason other than being a college hoops junkie. I'll admit, I love his feistiness. Iowa has had some wild games this year, with a few last second buzzer beaters for W's...fun to watch!

I've watched a lot of Iowa games myself this season, for no particular reason other than being a college hoops junkie. I'll admit, I love his feistiness. Iowa has had some wild games this year, with a few last second buzzer beaters for W's...fun to watch!

Yes they definitely have been a heart attack team lately! I like watching their offense compared to ours and their defense is better than last year, but they still have some nights like last night where they give up 90 points to Ohio State who isn't great on offense at all.

so what is the penalty for calling them out? a fine? big deal. is it a possible suspension?

when the job done was a bad as last night it needs to be called out...
Plus, you get jobbed by the striped Mafia every game after that.

So nothing will change?

I assume the league has a mechanism in place for reviewing/grading referees and soliciting feedback on their performance that is intended to work behind the scenes rather than through the media.

It wasnt just the foul calls issues either. they missed travels, up and down, got calls wrong on out of bounds calls, the pass the one just let it hit him instead of trying to avoid at all.

and multiple times they got in players faces when players question a call.

You call out a ref, and he'll have it in for you the rest of the season.

I'd take my chances. What's the difference right now. If they started to have it out for you I'd think that would become obvious and lead to people losing their jobs.

I don't know who those refs are but I can't imagine they'll work any NCAA games.

Ha. His MO was the same over at Syracuse.com when he posted there. Same deal, along with "book it!":)

Along with much worse stuff. He’s toeing the line and doing as he is told on here though.

Fran suspended 2 games.

Iowa suspends McCaffery 2 games over tirade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online