Jeff Goodman on SVP and Russillo just now | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Goodman on SVP and Russillo just now

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Mentioned that AZ is out on top and Tyler Ennis is the reason we are up at the top as well. No love for anyone else on the squad but came back to how few really good PGs there are this year and TE is probably the best pure passing PG in the land right now and that is what separates us from most of the rest.

Also admitted that the academic issue at UNC would likely be a much bigger issue if it was at a different school and it wasn't for that gosh-durn good guy Roy boy.

Follow-up on that last post. SVP asked about the officiating of the KY game last night and how brutal it was because of all the called fouls and free throws. Goodman said that he has been told by some of the older officials that they have thrown their hands up and are now calling games the old way (opposite of what the NCAA wants) because they know they will be used in the big dance anyway, whereas the younger guys are calling all those fouls because they need to earn their way to the tourney and doing what the boss wants is the best way. Mentioned this lack of consistency is the hardest thing for the teams to adjust to from game to game.

Mentioned that AZ is out on top and Tyler Ennis is the reason we are up at the top as well. No love for anyone else on the squad but came back to how few really good PGs there are this year and TE is probably the best pure passing PG in the land right now and that is what separates us from most of the rest.

Also admitted that the academic issue at UNC would likely be a much bigger issue if it was at a different school and it wasn't for that gosh-durn good guy Roy boy.
I haven't been that impressed with Jeff Goodman's analysis since he joined ESPN. Maybe b/c I'm used to reading his print stuff, but now at ESPN he has more of a presence a la Andy Katz with the microphone, and I don't find him all that engaging.

That said, he's off the mark if he feels Tyler Ennis is the sole reason we are in the position were in.

Goodman is mashed up dogshit. But... he's not wrong. If Ennis went down we'd only beat Uconn by a dozen. But every team has one dude that puts them exactly where they are. Anyway, espn should hire me cause I'm better than 96% of the assclowns they employ. And I suck.

I wish espn could get a podcast going with Bilas & whoever. Every time I get the update on my phone & read the "Greenberg & Katz talk about anything" description I yawn and then don't download.

Gary Parrish has been surprisingly tolerable on the CBS one this year; though his cohorts are pretty uninteresting.

I haven't been that impressed with Jeff Goodman's analysis since he joined ESPN. Maybe b/c I'm used to reading his print stuff, but now at ESPN he has more of a presence a la Andy Katz with the microphone, and I don't find him all that engaging.

That said, he's off the mark if he feels Tyler Ennis is the sole reason we are in the position were in.

He really doesn't have much presence for radio - not that engaging and you don't truly care about his opinion, but I did find the bit about the refs interesting. I imagine JB will have to have his assistant coaches not only prepping for the other team, but also for the upcoming refs as well. I certainly hope we get some young guys this weekend versus Pitt so it's not a mugfest with them not being punished for it.

I dont know what the officials were supposed to do in that Ark/kent game last night. both teams committed multiple fouls on every possession. it was a rugby game at times.

I dont know what the officials were supposed to do in that Ark/kent game last night. both teams committed multiple fouls on every possession. it was a rugby game at times.

Ya I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one. Every time Randle got the ball it just seemed like a massive clusterf*** of bodies. I know he got away with an elbow; but there looked like a fair amount of contact on him too that wasn't called.

Well, given the lack of an alternative to Tyler, I would agree with Goodman. Everybody else, minus Tyler = .500 team, or thereabouts. Without Cooney, maybe the same. We could lose one front line guy and be really good.

Follow-up on that last post. SVP asked about the officiating of the KY game last night and how brutal it was because of all the called fouls and free throws. Goodman said that he has been told by some of the older officials that they have thrown their hands up and are now calling games the old way (opposite of what the NCAA wants) because they know they will be used in the big dance anyway, whereas the younger guys are calling all those fouls because they need to earn their way to the tourney and doing what the boss wants is the best way. Mentioned this lack of consistency is the hardest thing for the teams to adjust to from game to game.

Was listening to the college show on XM later this afternoon and some guy called in with an amazing UK stat. The ref who whistled UK for the flagrant late in the game is apparently their kryptonite. This guy looked at every UK box score since Cal came in and compared the W-L results versus when this guy ref'ed the game. Turns out they have only won 23% of their games when he refs and they win about 80-something % when he didn't. Conspiracy or coincidence?

I wonder what JB's record is in Burr/Higgins games?

Im sorry. THIS IS EEFED UP. The fleecing of college hoops. This seriously depresses me.

Goodman is mashed up dogshit. But... he's not wrong. If Ennis went down we'd only beat Uconn by a dozen. But every team has one dude that puts them exactly where they are. Anyway, espn should hire me cause I'm better than 96% of the assclowns they employ. And I suck.

They turned their regular content into mediocre garbage with lots of video to try to get you to pay for Bilas and the other stuff of quality. I'm surprised that Lunardi isn't Insiders only.

Well, given the lack of an alternative to Tyler, I would agree with Goodman. Everybody else, minus Tyler = .500 team, or thereabouts. Without Cooney, maybe the same. We could lose one front line guy and be really good.

We already have. And still are.

Im sorry. THIS IS EEFED UP. The fleecing of college hoops. This seriously depresses me.

Definitely concerns me as well. Have to play by the rules, but when they change from game to game, it's really tough on the players. Two quick fouls puts your best player on the bench for extended periods of time and that's not good for the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom