Jeff Goodman on Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Goodman on Syracuse

Say's we are just a big away of being good. Extremely high on Starling and Westry.

Says Edwards will be lucky to touch half of that 800k at West Virginia and the NIL numbers are inflated in a lot of places.
He did say that but to some degree was including the hypothetical return of Judah.

Rumors are that these NIL offers have performance related components. Best example is the 13 million dollar ordeal with the Florida kid in football. Thus it's a target cap but not guaranteed money.
This. The largest NIL deals have TONS of strings attached.

Maybe it is 800k danish kroners?
800k in Schrute Bucks.

SchruteBuck.png

How many Stanley nickels?

Used to have a Schrute buck hanging in my office.
I had a team at work back in the day and we made some awesome James Van Der Bucks with a picture of James Van Der Beek and it started as one of those incredibly stupid things that was a big joke at first and then people got really into and had a lot of fun with.

I don't even think they could be redeemed for anything. People just gave them to each other. The best was when HR messaged me asking why people keep finding fake money on the printer with that Dawson's Creek guy.

Yeah I’m pretty optimistic too assuming Judah is back. I’m not sure we want a prototypical center on the court at all times too when we try and go to a fast paced offense. Hima handled himself well when Jesse was on the bench in foul trouble and he’d go head with a dominant center off the top of my head I want a big to grab rebounds but don’t think we’re doomed if we don’t add someone.

Yeah I’m pretty optimistic too assuming Judah is back. I’m not sure we want a prototypical center on the court at all times too when we try and go to a fast paced offense. Hima handled himself well when Jesse was on the bench in foul trouble and he’d go head with a dominant center off the top of my head I want a big to grab rebounds but don’t think we’re doomed if we don’t add someone.
Hima would probably be the worst starting center in the Conference imo.

Absolutely think we need someone else if we want to have a real shot at being a Tourney level team again. Even if its someone only 10-20% better than Hima, but that can share the burden and play 60% of the mins.

Just my opinion.

Absolutely think we need someone else if we want to have a real shot at being a Tourney level team again. Even if its someone only 10-20% better than Hima, but that can share the burden and play 60% of the mins.

Just my opinion.
We’ll see. He had a good season. If we are moving on from the zone we don’t necessarily need 40 mins every game big slower 7’ center on the floor.

Just my opinion.
Hmm I saw a pretty good shot blocker and rebounder in the limited minutes he played. He was basically non existent on offense but he did get offensive rebounds and dunks. If all he does is play D and rebound the ball I think we will be okay if all of the other offensive talent plays to their potential. On offense my main concerns are what is our plan B for when the D sags off our guys and packs the paint… do we have enough shooting to make them pay? Can we find anyone with a back to the basket game to get “easy” shots? If Benny can develop a back to the basket game along with his evolving jumper he could make the league as a poor man’s Obi Toppen.

That is why the Jesse Edwards debacle is so hurtful.
With him and the transfers, possibly Mintz and the other returnees as well. the Orange would be preseason Top 20. Back!
Instead, it's question mark time again.
?
I don’t think under any circumstances that SYR would be a Top 2O preseason team. We had Jesse and Judah last year and barely scraped over .500. Starling and Westry are just potential at this point. Even with Jesse, this team is a huge question mark.

I don’t think under any circumstances that SYR would be a Top 2O preseason team. We had Jesse and Judah last year and barely scraped over .500. Starling and Westry are just potential at this point. Even with Jesse, this team is a huge question mark.
I think that if we somehow got Dickinson we may get ranked in the preseason. But, I wouldn't blame anyone for not voting for us, because we have an unknown coach and a bunch of new pieces. But, the cumulative talent would be that of a top 25 team.

I think that if we somehow got Dickinson we may get ranked in the preseason. But, I wouldn't blame anyone for not voting for us, because we have an unknown coach and a bunch of new pieces. But, the cumulative talent would be that of a top 25 team.
I don’t think Dickinson is coming here. No scheduled visits, very long shot.

I don’t think Dickinson is coming here. No scheduled visits, very long shot.
Not for anything, but he didn’t have a visit scheduled to Kentucky until this week, it’s entirely possible Syracuse will be the last stop. Not holding my breath though.

VERY different talent levels around them…
Not to get pedantic… actually who am I kidding I love to get pedantic, after all what else is there to do on a message board ?

Your OP stated that you need a double digit scorer/7rb a game guy to get to 25+ wins, you said nothing about the talent. While I don’t disagree about the talent differential, I still do disagree you need a double figure scoring center. I’ll give you a more recent example… Baylor had 4 forwards on their title winning team (no one listed as a center on the roster and they had NINE guards ) and not one of them averaged even 7 ppg or 7rbs per game - 2020-21 Baylor Bears Men 's Roster and Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

From everything thing I’ve read here about Autry we will look more like Baylor/Nova than traditional offense with a strong big man. I stand by my statement that if our guards are physical enough to get some boards and Benny can tap into his athleticism to grab more boards we should be fine with Hima/Brown.

FWIW I do hope and think we get a physical forward who can board but we can certainly contend with Hima as starter if the other guys commit to rebounding and Autry can get these guys to be more physical.

One last point to add… if we are not able to compete with the big boys from an NIL perspective we will HAVE to become more Baylor like…. There are a ton more 6-7 and under guys who can play than there are 6-10 and up guys who can play these days. Law of supply and demand says that if you have a small budget you will be priced out of the big dudes who can plan.

Not to get pedantic… actually who am I kidding I love to get pedantic, after all what else is there to do on a message board ?

Your OP stated that you need a double digit scorer/7rb a game guy to get to 25+ wins, you said nothing about the talent. While I don’t disagree about the talent differential, I still do disagree you need a double figure scoring center. I’ll give you a more recent example… Baylor had 4 forwards on their title winning team (no one listed as a center on the roster and they had NINE guards ) and not one of them averaged even 7 ppg or 7rbs per game - 2020-21 Baylor Bears Men 's Roster and Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

From everything thing I’ve read here about Autry we will look more like Baylor/Nova than traditional offense with a strong big man. I stand by my statement that if our guards are physical enough to get some boards and Benny can tap into his athleticism to grab more boards we should be fine with Hima/Brown.

FWIW I do hope and think we get a physical forward who can board but we can certainly contend with Hima as starter if the other guys commit to rebounding and Autry can get these guys to be more physical.

One last point to add… if we are not able to compete with the big boys from an NIL perspective we will HAVE to become more Baylor like…. There are a ton more 6-7 and under guys who can play than there are 6-10 and up guys who can play these days. Law of supply and demand says that if you have a small budget you will be priced out of the big dudes who can plan.
I just meant this team needs one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom