Jeff Nixon | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Nixon

I am going to say something that might be unpopular.. I think LQA is a good RB.. but not an elite one.. He doesnt have the burst around the corner elite RB's have... I think he has decent vision but not elite vision... and he doesnt have great "wiggle in the hole" BUT he has a ton of heart.. he has very good hands.. he can run with power for his size... He is a good back.. I trust him with the ball and i trust he will be where he needs to be on the field. I do not think he is an NFL back.. but he is a good college RB and that's all we need with KM at the helm.. We can win with him and Nixon in the backfield and that's all that really matters
Completely agree with you. I think he's solid but he isn't dynamic enough to be truly elite as a runner. There were a few plays in these first two matches that Sean Tucker scores TDs on.

His blocking is nails though.

Ok to nitpick little things but….

Almost 500 yards/game (4th most passing yards in country). More importantly, I actually have faith we can convert on 3rd and long. This is all after 2 games with a completely new staff and QB

The whole O staff is doing a very nice job so far.

I'm hoping the back up QB's are paying attention to McCord and learning what it takes to make themselves and their team better when they get a chance to get some snaps.

I liked how by going for it on 4th down in our own territory shows the team and coaches that they has faith in them. That was a big call to go for it when they had us in our own territory and still got it.

i also noticed a younger guy who always was behind Fran most of the game. I saw some of the coaches kidding around with him after as well. Is he the math guy that gives Fran the %’s or telling him what the numbers say as far as going for it or not? I thought he was asked a question during critical situations like this.
Saw that too. I think it was this guy, only wearing glasses. I’m guessing the binder was the scouting report on tendencies and such.

IMG_3318.jpeg

I liked how by going for it on 4th down in our own territory shows the team and coaches that they has faith in them. That was a big call to go for it when they had us in our own territory and still got it.

i also noticed a younger guy who always was behind Fran most of the game. I saw some of the coaches kidding around with him after as well. Is he the math guy that gives Fran the %’s or telling him what the numbers say as far as going for it or not? I thought he was asked a question during critical situations like this.
The binder he was carrying around was the CAI gamebook for when to go for it, kick FG, or punt. Must be Fran's numbers guy.

Love Nixon but would love to see some Willis out there

Completely agree with you. I think he's solid but he isn't dynamic enough to be truly elite as a runner. There were a few plays in these first two matches that Sean Tucker scores TDs on.

We don't usually get the athletes who can do-it-all AND come with breakaway speed and shiftiness. Even tucker, despite his elite speed and power (when not injured and favoring certain body parts), was mostly a one-cut back.

Bottom line, we have a good stable of backs, not the time to be greedy.

The whole O staff is doing a very nice job so far.

I'm hoping the back up QB's are paying attention to McCord and learning what it takes to make themselves and their team better when they get a chance to get some snaps.
Hopefully, McCord stays upright and healthy; however, let's be real...The next starting QB isn't on the roster right now...Probably, transfer portals in and gives the 2025 QB a RS year...

Hopefully, McCord stays upright and healthy; however, let's be real...The next starting QB isn't on the roster right now...Probably, transfer portals in and gives the 2025 QB a RS year...
Possibly. We haven't seen what Williams or Johnson can do yet though.

Agreed, not elite but very very good, and exactly what we need. His best asset is his pass catching as well, which I think will be very important later in the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom